What's new

South Korea Defence Forum

Congrats to korean brothers:tup:
big.jpg
!

This is the Chinese one.

Great to see both Koreans' advancement on their space technologies! Congratulations!

You cant see beyond China...do you

Pakistan is not far away from the club! They are fully capable of doing it if they want to!

Gratz to SK, they're getting there.

Next step is to build an indigenous rocket :victory:

This is barely a south korean achievement. More like a Russian treat to South Korea. The first stage of the rocket is made in Russia so are almost 80% parts. The rocket engines are obsolete liquid fuelled. Well anyways congrats South Korea.

There is nothing obsolete with liquid fuel engines, as most commercial rockets use them. They offer many advantages over solid fuel engine performance wise

1970 Japan tech.

S.Koreans has been spying Japanese space tech for decades when they failed to attempt to get from US and China. Well this is also part of Russian support. I see nothing to be proud of, even less respectful than N.Korean space program.

This is barely a south korean achievement. More like a Russian treat to South Korea. The first stage of the rocket is made in Russia so are almost 80% parts. The rocket engines are obsolete liquid fuelled. Well anyways congrats South Korea.

SK started their space program sometime in 1989, But i guess its natural one will expect more form South Korea given how technologically advanced it is.

you mix up booster and core stage, other than Israel and India, none of the space power deploy their front line launch vehicle which has solid fueled core stage, specific impulse of solid fuel is extremely low, generally, solid fuel rocket just serve as sea level booster for the cryogenic rocket, solid fuel rocket mostly are ballistic missile, people go for its advantages of storage and limited preparation time before launch.

also, how come RD-170 become out dated? RD-151 is variant of RD-170, the latter is the most powerful liquid-fuel rocket engine by far since 1987 the first flight of Energia, the thrust of 170 tonnes that RD-151 produced are superior to all other liquid-fuel rocket engine in Asia.

SK started their space program sometime in 1989, But i guess its natural one will expect more form South Korea given how technologically advanced it is.

I'd say both India and Pakistan, as well as N. Korea, are far ahead of S.Korea in this mainstream science tech.

Making a few low tech mobile phones does not make one "technologically advanced". You need get some common sense.

I'd say both India and Pakistan, as well as N. Korea, are far ahead of S.Korea in this mainstream science tech.

Making a few low tech mobile phones does not make one "technologically advanced". You need get some common sense.

Not just phones, cars, appliances, etc. South Korea is great at consumer products. And from what I hear their shipbuilding and armoured vehicles are commendable too. In fact South koreans are pretty big in Computer chips as well.

I'd say yes, given their ability to produce products that are able to compete in the world and win over Japanese and American alternatives, they are pretty advanced.

I thinks the rocket program is slow due to some US restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom