What's new

South China Sea Arbitration News & Discussion

To the letter, 伟大领袖

Which is exactly what I expected to read. Congratulations. You are now perfectly predictable

You are very readable. As well as answerable. Because you have been writing lightly amused posts all along. That sort of takes away the heaviness and angry-birdiness which the respected members from the PH and VN worked so hard to establish all night.

Look, they are all tired now and you are destroying their efforts. :enjoy:

Ah, that is so much clearer, and so much more Chinese: be peaceful or we will beat you into peacefulness.

Perfect.

Sort of. Be peaceful, otherwise, we will tranquilize you for your own good as well as for the common good.

You are very readable. As well as answerable. Because you have been writing lightly amused posts all along. That sort of takes away the heaviness the members from PH and VN worked so hard to establish all night.

Look, they are all tired now.

They should be. They were busy beating up the heavy-handed Chinese, and those in turn could not see the ridiculous aspect of the situation and continued the grim tone of the conversation.

Is this the way forward?

I would rather be lightly amused than gravely disturbed.

You are very readable. As well as answerable. Because you have been writing lightly amused posts all along. That sort of takes away the heaviness the members from PH and VN worked so hard to establish all night.

Look, they are all tired now.

Sort of. Be peaceful, otherwise, we will tranquilize you for your own as well as for the common good.

LOL.

Yes, I agree, a much more readable formulation. I shall take the correction in a tranquil manner.

They should be. They were busy beating up the heavy-handed Chinese, and those in turn could not see the ridiculous aspect of the situation and continued the grim tone of the conversation.

Is this the way forward?

I would rather be lightly amused than gravely disturbed.

No, we have not even extended our light hand. I would say, China's actions are rather incremental and softish.

At the end of the day, the grimness is to wither away. Why have a heavy heart? Let our take away be the few good laugh.

@greenwood
So I am afraid that black and white picture you have of Taiping "island" means nothing unless you have some way of proving human habitation was able to be preserved there under its natural unaltered environment (definition of an island vs rock by UNCLOS convention).

The photo is the evidence of Chinese civilians inhabiting the island in the last century and that points to the legitimacy of the Chinese claim. Of course those who want to rob China of her territory will say otherwise.

125201j33k22z3rhkhgilg.jpg

the organisation who make the arbitration about South china sea, they only rented the same location. the whole thing has nothing to do with united nation .

from UN official weibo .

The photo is the evidence of Chinese civilians inhabiting the island in the last century and that points to the legitimacy of the Chinese claim. Of course those who want to rob China of her territory will say otherwise.

inhabiting? How easy is it to send some people to a rock and take a picture or two? Needs pictures of cultivation, harbours and permanent structures.....not a grainy picture of some people on a beach. That certainly will not hold up in court. It just adds to the notion that the Chinese now and then visited the islands but had no permanent presence.

inhabiting? How easy is it to send some people to a rock and take a picture or two? Needs pictures of cultivation, harbours and permanent structures.....not a grainy picture of some people on a beach. That certainly will not hold up in court. It just adds to the notion that the Chinese now and then visited the islands but had no permanent presence.
Will do , a very very permanent presence

Will do , a very very permanent presence

You are welcome to do that now with the reclamation etc. The court does not recognise that as changing the nature of what the rocks were naturally.

I am talking about the historical basis China used to claim sovereignty (rejected by UNCLOS now along with the 9 dash line)....not what Chinese will illegally do from now on....or have done for the last few years.

Basically its exactly like the illegal israeli settlements in the West Bank. Israel can enforce it, but entire world does not agree with it.

I am talking only about the legal perspectives of the case and its verdict.

As usual The Hindustan Times is cleverly trying to provoke the US to go for a military confrontation with China. I don't think these foxy indians will succeed in puffing up the big bad wolf's chest this time. The wolf is looking for way to save its face to its minions.

The Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) is an intergovernmental organization located at The Hague in the Netherlands. The PCA is not a court, but rather an organiser of arbitral tribunals to resolve conflicts between member states. It should not be confused with the International Court of Justice, a separate institution. *(which is the primary judicial branch of the United Nations (UN), PCA IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UN)

The PCA is a permanent bureaucracy that assists temporary tribunals to resolve disputes among states (and similar entities), intergovernmental organizations, or even private parties arising out of international agreements. The cases span a range of legal issues involving territorial and maritime boundaries, sovereignty, human rights, international investment, and international and regional trade.

The court was established in 1899 by the first Hague Peace Conference. The Peace Palace was built for the Court in 1913 with funds from American steel magnate Andrew Carnegie. Since 1922, the building has also housed the separate Permanent Court of International Justice, which was replaced by the International Court of Justice in 1946.

The PCA is not a “court" in the conventional understanding of that term but an administrative organization with the object of having permanent and readily available means to serve as the registry for purposes of international arbitration and other related procedures, including commissions of enquiry and conciliation. The judges or arbitrators that hear cases are officially called "Members" of the Court.

The public at large is usually more familiar with the International Court of Justice than with the Permanent Court of Arbitration, partly because of the closed nature of cases handled by the PCA and also the small number of cases dealt with between 1946 and 1990. Sometimes even the decision itself is kept confidential at the request of the parties.

TODAY, UN WEBSITE says the PCA only renting the same building where International Court of Justice is and PCA HAS no relationship with the UN.

001rARJnzy73dAkEl8h95&690.jpg

What cultivation? The size of the island cannot support agriculture, the inhabitants lived on fishing and I'm sure our Chinese friends have photos of the their fishing vessels. The picture is grainy because it was taken almost a century ago, it only adds to the credibility of the Chinese claim.

Back
Top Bottom