What's new

Sophistication of Indian tech is now sufficient to build a Rafale

50% back is huge exaggeration bhai. HuuuuuuugeA!.

50% is the offset announced by our defense ministry.Now I dont think they can lie about something like that.
If we rejected this deal Rafale will shutdown once and for all with huge loss.We know they cant give use some rare sensitive tech .But these 50% will spike up our industrial capability .If you want to develop your own next gen indigenous jet you should need your own capable private defense industry .That would be the another major contribution of this deal.

Please elaborate on these. France will neither give us ToT for AESA Radar ( Modules will most probably come from Thales) nor, the know how for Single Crystal blade ( sufficient to help in developing Kaveri not just manufacturing Rafale's engine ). What else could we get from them which we are lacking in ?

They will never going to accept this hard truth that no TOT is coming for Radar and Engine.

Apart from these tech India dont really need any other tech in 4.5 gen category.

You started a thread to POINT OUT that Indian Aerospace Industry is mature enough to make whatever they want to & how great they are while IGNORING your own country & countrymen?

STRANGE!

I have a passion about tech. I'd say the same thing about Pak if our gov is planning to buy huge numbers of European planes.

Hope you understand.

One has to go beyond the limits of religion and nation in order to enjoy tech and science.

So you claim they won't share techs, maybe I claim the opposite and we both can't prove it, since we are not part of the MoD teams that actually have insights in the deal or even to the RFP requirements on that right? All we really know is what officially is stated in the public:
Livefist: Dassault's Rafale Tech Transfer Offer Compliant: Indian MoD

So whatever was required, Dassault and their partners in the deal were ready to provide it.

Same level of cooperation as was in the case of Scorpion Subs??????????

i think Rafale put a huge effect on IAF enemies Airforce , which is PAF and PLAAF ... right now PAF has no answer for Rafale ... alone with Su-30 they make a deadly combination .. i think if IAF can extend the numbers of rafale with some benefits of TOT than it will be win win for IAF and indian Aeronautical industry ... and also dont miss the point that lets say french wont share full TOT , but whatever they share would be much value able to make LCA a better plane ...if IAF has rafale and Su30 in numbers even PLAAF will think 10 times to cross indian air space ...

So you claim they won't share techs, maybe I claim the opposite and we both can't prove it, since we are not part of the MoD teams that actually have insights in the deal or even to the RFP requirements on that right? All we really know is what officially is stated in the public:

Livefist: Dassault's Rafale Tech Transfer Offer Compliant: Indian MoD

So whatever was required, Dassault and their partners in the deal were ready to provide it.

Of course they will provide TOT. But that will be just enough to manufacture Rafale. Whether it will help us in developing our own products based on TOT is the real question. I am sure we wont be able to use that TOT for domestic purposes.

I for one do not trust France for these deals. They will always ask humongous amounts for Mid-Life upgrades ( just like Mirage ). They may even jack up price midway ( ala Scorpene). They had agreed to work on Kaveri and ended up suggesting we import Core from them. We are supposed to co-develop Shakti Engine with the, what they did with LUH is also well known.

They will never going to accept this hard truth that no TOT is coming for Radar and Engine.

Apart from these tech India dont really need any other tech in 4.5 gen category.

Exactly.. France has proven to be very very greedy partner in so many defence deals. They will not provide any usable tech. for either Engine or, Radar and will keep increasing the price citing delay. Is there any wonder they have not won a single export order for this "super" plane..?

funny pakistanis expressing so much confidence in indian abilities :what:
so next time you guys start your india bashing routing we can show you all these posts.

and regarding buying foreign maal, its just a way to jump the tech. ladder, otherwise india will always be a decade behind from west. we buy the maal absorb the tech. to create our own whenever the requirement is thr and money in non issue.
e.g. current kaveri engine can fulfill all the requirements and goals given to it when programme was started but now IAF wants a engine that matches latest western designs, LCA suppose to replace Mig-21 and now IAF requirements has become to match almost new gen gripens. The problem is that our armed forces can buy everything from any country and they will only buy a desi maal if that matches with the best & latest they are getting in international market.
Rafale ToT will get us good knowhow about the latest in western tech. and the absorbed tech, will surely be used for next gen. of Indian fighters.

Exactly.. France has proven to be very very greedy partner in so many defence deals. They will not provide any usable tech. for either Engine or, Radar and will keep increasing the price citing delay. Is there any wonder they have not won a single export order for this "super" plane..?

Other then Petro Dollars Countries on country in the world can afford 4.5 gen at this Cost.

Actually Su-30MKI capable of doing the job of Rafale and much more. Still there are people boasting for Rafale :hitwall:
The MKI is the top-end of the IAF's fleet, it is just not feasible to have an additional 200 (how many Rafales will be ordered) of them in lieu of the Rafale. Many don't seem to understand that the MKI is probably second only to the F-22 to maintain and fly- the cost per flight hour is ENORMOUS (in excess of $25,000 IIRC) whilst the Rafale is cheaper to both fly and maintain as a result of the French/Western design ethos.

The MKI is a great plane but it needs an able sidekick and the Rafale fits the bill and much more.

Not to mention the need to get away from as much Russian kit as possible, their after sales performance has been abysmal across the board.

What abt the Kaveri engine? still in its development phase? Awwww

50% back is huge exaggeration bhai. HuuuuuuugeA!.
It is the MANDATORY figure as per the MMRCA's original RFPs so is guaranteed. I'm sorry but you have created this thread with obviously little understanding of the MMRCA deal and thus it makes this entire thread moot.

Our industry needs more evolution and, critically, more de-regulation. We have the tech but in terms of having a sufficiently big military industrial complex, we need more progress. Give us 30 years and we'll get there. Till then we'll have to opt for some foreign presence.

50% of total plane cost?

or 50% of assembly cost.

There are different ways to view this.
50% of the total deal, total cost is estimated to be around $16BN USD to be paid to Dassualt, as per the rules Dassualt will have to plough $8BN USD back into the Indian aerospace industry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom