What's new

Sony Bravia Ad:

Flintlock

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
I was just watching this ad on tv, and wondering how the media can make everything appear larger than life, and much better than it really is.:disagree:

In any case, its a great ad....lots of creativity gone into it obviously...

enjoy!!:)

rF_4z_P2N2k[/media] - Sony BRAVIA (India) ad

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just describe the sequence:

Rajasthan desert with Tribal woman...airborne fish and all that....

Kalaripayattu martial artists from Kerala using their long flexible urumi swords....

Woman in pink sari running towards a floating taj mahal over rocks....

Woman in white-red sari with kid lighting lamps with a South Indian temple gopuram seen in the distance....

Agency : JWT, New Delhi.
Production house : Red Ice films

I'll just describe the sequence:

Rajasthan desert with Tribal woman...airborne fish and all that....

Kalaripayattu martial artists from Kerala using their long flexible urumi swords....

Woman in pink sari running towards a floating taj mahal over rocks....

Woman in white-red sari with kid lighting lamps with a South Indian temple goupram seen in the distance....

Agency : JWT, New Delhi.
Production house : Red Ice films

Nice ad. In my opinion we the people of South Asia are very well rounded. I mean we have a very rich, ancient and colorful culture and we cant forget about our foods. Our foods are probably of all types I mean spicy, salty and sweet.

Nice ad. In my opinion we the people of South Asia are very well rounded. I mean we have a very rich, ancient and colorful culture and we cant forget about our foods. Our foods are probably of all types I mean spicy, salty and sweet.

I know...

kinda sad actually....I had no idea that they had martial arts in Kerala till quite recently...

Kerala is famous for its martial arts, particularly "Varmam", a method of striking particular soft points of the body with little force and paralyzing the part of a body or even kill the person. "Varmam" is also used for treatement (similar to accu puncture).

Most of these martial art forms had disappeared by the time the British arrived.

Only in the 18th century onwards, we have seen a partial revival.

Unfortunately, in this time, the Japanese and Chinese have moved far beyond, and have reached a greater level of sophistication than the Indian ones.

Sad really, considering that the ancient Chinese first learnt their martial arts from the Indians.

What is that tower thingy at the end? Looks like the tower of babel...lol

Most of these martial art forms had disappeared by the time the British arrived.

Only in the 18th century onwards, we have seen a partial revival.

Unfortunately, in this time, the Japanese and Chinese have moved far beyond, and have reached a greater level of sophistication than the Indian ones..

Thanx for posting the video......

Sad really, considering that the ancient Chinese first learnt their martial arts from the Indians.

Some more info would be helpful.

S. A, Martial art vedio is too good. I knew very less about this. These kind of arts need full protection and incouragement, probabaly be including in army training, national sports, just to make them alive.

You sure 'bout that? Those vids look kinda staged, and very amatuerish....also I don't see any punching or kicking...
I've learnt a bit of judo, and I don't see any resemblance between this stuff and the far-eastern martial arts.

You sure 'bout that? Those vids look kinda staged, and very amatuerish....also I don't see any punching or kicking...
I've learnt a bit of judo, and I don't see any resemblance between this stuff and the far-eastern martial arts.

Yeah, I did mention earlier that these videos hardly show the real thing.

Bodhidharma, the buddhist monk from South India, who traveled to China. According to legend, he taught martial arts to the buddhists of the Shaolin Temple, because he observed that they were very weak and not taking care of their physical health.

What is that tower thingy at the end? Looks like the tower of babel...lol

:cheesy: Its not the tower of babel!!

Its a South Indian temple tower....Here are a few pictures:

View attachment 7c3c79750cbf939fe7ea97efd8672418.jpg

962e974f09d6c96e568f6cd953ea6a5f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom