What's new

Some details of Type 095 has been given...

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Development of China's fourth-generation nuclear submarine completed
(People's Daily Online) 14:33, September 22, 2013
Development of China's fourth-generation nuclear submarine completed - People's Daily Online

At the recent 2013 Four Northeastern Provinces Cooperation Leaders' Conference held in Ordos, Inner Mongolia, Tan Zuojun, vice governor of Liaoning Province and former general manager of China State Shipbuilding Corporation, revealed that development of China's fourth-generation nuclear submarines and other high-tech weapons and items of equipment in the Northeastern Provinces of China had been completed. The news attracted considerable attention.

The fourth generation nuclear submarine features high performance and low noise

Military expert Du Wenlong pointed out that the main characteristic of the fourth generation nuclear submarine would be its high performance. Compared with earlier submarines, modern attack submarines differ significantly in offensive power, possessing both anti-submarine capabilities and also strong potential for anti-ship action and attacks on land-based targets. He pointed out that the fourth generation nuclear submarines of the United States and Russia already have these capabilities; China's fourth-generation nuclear submarines too will be equipped with the appropriate torpedoes, along with missiles suitable for use against other sea-going or land-based targets. In addition, the Chinese submarine will have low noise output, a key indicator for measuring a modern nuclear submarine's underwater survival capacity, as well as its ability to remain hidden during maneuvers, or undetected while launching an attack. He pointed out that the fourth-generation nuclear submarine will possess effective noise damping features, such as a quieter nuclear power plant with less vibration, and a more advanced hull muffler system, so that it will be difficult to detect even if within range of enemy sonar.

On the question when the fourth-generation nuclear submarine will enter service, Du Wenlong said that completion of development and completion of construction are two different phases - the cycle from completion of development to manufacturing, and then to fitting out and launch, can be very long, perhaps several years. Progress is determined by two factors: one is technical indicators, and the other is strategic need.

A significant enhancement of nuclear counterattack capability

Analysts believe that continual development of attack submarines and strategic nuclear submarines at times of peace, adding better performance and greater combat ability, can enhance strategic deterrence capability. China's strategic nuclear forces are weapons to deter third parties from becoming involved in local conflicts. China firmly adheres to the principle of non-first use of nuclear weapons, but the existence of strategic nuclear submarines will give China a stronger voice and more room for maneuver in the case of any crisis. In addition, Song Xiaojun points out that the United States, Russia, Britain and France all possess modern strategic nuclear submarines as a symbol of their status as 'Great Powers'; it is natural that China should be unwilling to lag behind.

We need between 30-40 of these Type 095 SSN to match the Yankee Los Angeles class submarines which they have 40 in service including 23 improved versions of the Los Angeles class. I don't think the Type 095 can match the Virgina class submarines. The Type 097 will be our answer to the Virginia SSN.

We need between 30-40 of these Type 095 SSN to match the Yankee Los Angeles class submarines which they have 40 in service including 23 improved versions of the Los Angeles class. I don't think the Type 095 can match the Virgina class submarines. The Type 097 will be our answer to the Virginia SSN.
Hah! Are you going to pay for that? How many shipyards are capable of constructing these boats?

I bet you're from tiexue.net with those angry youths.

LKqBT.jpg

Good luck and Godspeed with your submarine development guys!:china:

whatever happened to Qing class sub for pakistan?.

We have the money. We have multiple shipyards capable of constructing. I bet you're on the CIA payroll.

I bet you don't know anything about ship building or how long it takes to build subs like these... not to mention training the crews for those submarines.

You think all of that comes out of thin air?

Type 093A = LA 688i
Type 095 = Virginia/SW class

I think more likely 6 Type 096 and 6 Type 095 by 2025, then it will switch to the Type 098/097.

China won't build anything in mass number when it is not absolutely dominant in the world. :coffee:

Type 093A = LA 688i

I think more likely 6 Type 096 and 6 Type 095 by 2025, then it will switch to the Type 098/097.

China won't build anything in mass number when it is not absolutely dominant in the world. :coffee:

HI ChineseTiger1986 ,

Can I ask where you got this info?

It would be fantastic for China if this was true.:china:

I bet you don't know anything about ship building or how long it takes to build subs like these... not to mention training the crews for those submarines.

You think all of that comes out of thin air?

Oh go on kid, let us see you explain 'shipbuilding' :lol:

Aren't you the clown that goes around say that we don't have the DF-41?
What is some Finnish guy care about the PLA? Stay away from this forum!

Type 093A = LA 688i

It's hard to believe the Type 095 has the latest technologies of the Virginia class.

HI ChineseTiger1986 ,

Can I ask where you got this info?

It would be fantastic for China if this was true.:china:

According to an official report released in this year.

The improved Type 093 is already on par with the latest LA class.

ÉÓÄÁ飺ÖйúµÚ¶þ´ú¹¥»÷ºËDZͧ½¨ÔìÃØÊ·Æعâ-ÖÐÐÂÍø

The Type 095 will feature many technologies such as pump-jet and electrohydraulic drive, it won't be hard to see it should be on par with the latest version of the Virginia class or the SW class.

Oh go on kid, let us see you explain 'shipbuilding' :lol:

Aren't you the clown that goes around say that we don't have the DF-41?
What is some Finnish guy care about the PLA? Stay away from this forum!

It's hard to believe the Type 095 has the latest technologies of the Virginia class.

Yeah, it is, since PLAN's boomers have been severely underrated by those amateurs from the CD forum, it is not as lagging behind as those propaganda reports suggested to be.

According to an official report released in this year.

The improved Type 093 is already on par with the latest LA class.

ÉÓÄÁ飺ÖйúµÚ¶þ´ú¹¥»÷ºËDZͧ½¨ÔìÃØÊ·Æعâ-ÖÐÐÂÍø

The Type 095 will feature many technologies such as pump-jet and electrohydraulic drive, it won't be hard to see it should be on par with the latest version of the Virginia class or the SW class.

I believe that it is possible that the Type-095 may be able to match/near the Virginia SSN as that is no better than the Seawolf that came out in the mid-1990s.

China should build at least 20 by the end of the decade to be able to deal with the US Navy in the Eastern Pacific.

Back
Top Bottom