What's new

Some basic questions on Islam

That Prostitute post requires more information of the situation. Well Muslims marry with evidences and remember 4 marriages are allowed in Islam so an individual cant do it every night.

What do you mean Muslims marry with evidences? One can marry/divorce anytime he she wishes, even if it is for a day.

You completely ignored my 3 questions. Care to answer them from your Islamic standpoint?

1. I see no reason to refrain from drinking alcohol as long as it is done responsibly. What is the logic behind this? If a man drinks it but still fulfills his religious duties, shouldn't he be fine?

2. What is the rationale behind the ban on pork? That it's a dirty animal? I've seen a goat drink its own piss with my own eyes, but you love eating that don't you? People who eat pork don't fall victim to any diseases, and their lifespan isn't any shorter than those who don't.

3. Once in high school in Karachi a friend of mine told the class about visitng a prostitute. When we asked him how he could do this being a Pathan, he said "easy! I married her that night, and divorced her the next morning". So in terms of the logic behind Islams stance on sex, he was in the clear. Likewise, anyone could marry a woman, have sex with her, and divorce her 15 minutes later. Signing a piece of paper makes it okay for two consenting adults to have sex? Islam stipulates no minimum time limit on a marriage for it to be legal, so a 30 minute marriage is just as legal as a 30 year marriage.

first of all alcohol has following disadvantages:

1,Drink definitely lowers people's ability to resist harming themselves when they have problems.

2,Drink and drugs can cause psychological problems by themselves. Alcohol can commonly cause depression; drugs can also cause depression, or can trigger anxiety or even psychosis (loss of reality).

3,Drink and drugs are often seriously expensive, so uncontrolled use can lead to financial problems.

secondly the pork is banned b/cThe other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.
Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

Thirdly Muslims marry with 2 eyewitnesses otherwise it is not marriage and doing sex in that manner is prohibited

1. I see no reason to refrain from drinking alcohol as long as it is done responsibly. What is the logic behind this? If a man drinks it but still fulfills his religious duties, shouldn't he be fine?

2. What is the rationale behind the ban on pork? That it's a dirty animal? I've seen a goat drink its own piss with my own eyes, but you love eating that don't you? People who eat pork don't fall victim to any diseases, and their lifespan isn't any shorter than those who don't.

3. Once in high school in Karachi a friend of mine told the class about visitng a prostitute. When we asked him how he could do this being a Pathan, he said "easy! I married her that night, and divorced her the next morning". So in terms of the logic behind Islams stance on sex, he was in the clear. Likewise, anyone could marry a woman, have sex with her, and divorce her 15 minutes later. Signing a piece of paper makes it okay for two consenting adults to have sex? Islam stipulates no minimum time limit on a marriage for it to be legal, so a 30 minute marriage is just as legal as a 30 year marriage.

first of all alcohol has following disadvantages:

1,Drink definitely lowers people's ability to resist harming themselves when they have problems.

2,Drink and drugs can cause psychological problems by themselves. Alcohol can commonly cause depression; drugs can also cause depression, or can trigger anxiety or even psychosis (loss of reality).

3,Drink and drugs are often seriously expensive, so uncontrolled use can lead to financial problems.

secondly the pork is banned b/cThe other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.
Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

Thirdly Muslims marry with 2 eyewitnesses otherwise it is not marriage and doing sex in your mentioned manner is prohibited although divorce is Halaal but it is the most disliked thing in the eyes of Allah

Salman, one could say that the strict adherence to an archaic philosophy under the guise of "faith" has brought about a lot more morbidity and mortality to the Islamic world than alcohol or pre-marital sex. As far as the pork thing is concerned, there are ways to prevent food borne microbial and parasitic infections with modern technology; at the same time, the lack of appropriate measures can essentially compromise any other non-pork meat products.

IMO one can never successfully construct comprehensive arguments about a faith based system using tools like logic or reasoning which in some ways are antithetical to the concepts of belief or faith. IMHO They are two separate entities which ought to be recognized as such and dealt with accordingly.

Thirdly Muslims marry with 2 eyewitnesses otherwise it is not marriage and doing sex in that manner is prohibited

lol who told you all this? Any link to a reputable journal? Westerners eat a lot of pork, yet I do not see anyone falling ill to these diseases you speak of. The lifespan of pork eaters here is longer than your expected lifespan. I can tell you diseases that you can get from eating lamb, chicken or beef, but dosen't mean that you will get them. It's only when hygine standards are very low when one gets food borne diseases. So you can get it from eating any kind of farm animal which comes from an unregulated farm. The pork people eat here is far cleaner than the meat you eat in Pakistan, I've seen how downright dirty butcher shops there are and how they transport meat on hooks on the open backs of mini-vans which are exposed to all kinds of pollution.

And my friend did have eye witnesses, his cousins who went with him.

Salman, one could say that the strict adherence to an archaic philosophy under the guise of "faith" has brought about a lot more morbidity and mortality to the Islamic world than alcohol or pre-marital sex. As far as the pork thing is concerned, there are ways to prevent food borne microbial and parasitic infections with modern technology; at the same time, the lack of appropriate measures can essentially compromise any other non-pork meat products.

IMO one can never successfully construct comprehensive arguments about a faith based system using tools like logic or reasoning which in some ways are antithetical to the concepts of belief or faith. IMHO They are two separate entities which ought to be recognized as such and dealt with accordingly.

You are using vocabulary and prose far too logical and concepts unfamiliar to the average Pakistani. I wish they could detach their minds from the religion that has been followed in their familiy blindly for centuries, and think in terms of the modern scientific advances and how these have disproven the myths entrenched in their mind since the time they acquired the ability of abstract thought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom