What's new

SOM-B2 cruise missile's development, ground and flight tests have been completed.

Ra'ad is older then SOM series but i don't think both have anything to do with each other.

specifications says it all. Turkish SOM is more compact.

Last edited:
In fact SOM is not newly introduced missile. The tests of a new version(SOM-B2) were completed. The previous version of SOM was produced and used by the air force.

SOM-A
DYAJgoGXUAAXYa1-696x392.jpg
DThzgKfX4AA5h0O.jpg

Congrats, top notch missile. Next extend range and stealth. Maybe nuclear cherry on top if not asking for too much.

Yes, have a look,

What's the range?Is it subsonic or supersonic or hypersonic? How much explosives will it carry? Any idea about the cost? I'd love to see them in the future indigenous frigates of BN!
Also, can the antiship version be used for land attack as well? Will be very much useful for shore bombardment if it's able to do so.

Last edited:
What's the range?Is it subsonic or supersonic or hypersonic? How much explosives will it carry? Any idea about the cost? I'd love to see them in the future indigenous frigates of BN!
Also, can the antiship version be used for land attack as well? Will be very much useful for shore bombardment if it's able to do so.

It is subsonic, And SOM is designed for Airforce You can use it against enemy warships, military bases and precious targets, thanks to its stealth and light design it is a wonderful system to destroy enemy SAM's... (I mean really I believe SOM's mostly designed to destroy enemy airdefence)
Turkish navy will use gezgin and atmaca cruise missiles, SOM is specially designed for airforce.
You should check out atmaca if You really wanna see much more ''brutal anti-ship cruise missile''
SOM-A was a million dollar for each.
And it's range is officially +300km... I have read its real range is really above 300 km but as far as I know, Turkey doesnt give real data about its missiles range... for example our balistic missiles range is +280 km too but well We all know it is more than that.

Last edited:
It is subsonic, And SOM is designed for Airforce And You can use it against enemy warships, military bases and precious targets, thanks to its stealth and light design it is a wonderful system to destroy enemy SAM's... (I mean really I believe SOM's mostly designed to destroy enemy airdefence)
Turkish navy will use gezgin and atmaca cruise missiles, SOM is specially designed for airforce.
You should check out atmaca if You really wanna see much more ''brutal anti-ship cruise missile''
SOM-A was a million dollar for each.
Thanks!

Oh, this will destroy any anti-Turkish states positions in any conflict... And it is my personel opinion, Israel is not gonna be one of this states, And We shouldnt be racist about our possible targets right?

We know it is stealth but I didnt see any RCS numbers in any official data so most probably it is classified.
great, do you know which engine it uses??

Back
Top Bottom