What's new

Solutions for operations on partially/completely destroyed runways??

Why does it appear that dispersal areas at PAF bases are far smaller than that at IAF bases??
Also I believe I have come across camouflaged tarmacs and parts of runways at IAF bases.Does that really help nowadays??
Better HAS may be more important -
IAF’s airfield camo was very effective until Pakistan (and everyone else via google maps) got access to high resolution satellite imagery

PAF focuses on mobility of assets into FOBs where target planning keeps shifting. Airfield defenses also make the usual low level durandal attacks difficult if now downright suicidal.
Stand off systems and dispensers are where the future lies

My Pakistani friends

You have to understand that no matter what size the PAF is it would be destroyed within days in an all out war against India. To explain it in simple words: Pakistan lacks strategic depth. Within days PAF would have no bases to land at. Very few would last the cruise missile onslaught that destroyed, the aircraft, the runaways, and the bunkers.

You have to understand that no matter what size the PAF is it would be destroyed within days in an all out war against India
So will be our air defence systems.
So will be forward indian air bases.
So will be Indian air defence systems

So we should abandone our air force,our defense systems?
You think Pakistan should abandone its air force when air force has always been front force against any external aggression towards Pakistan?

My Pakistani friends

You have to understand that no matter what size the PAF is it would be destroyed within days in an all out war against India. To explain it in simple words: Pakistan lacks strategic depth. Within days PAF would have no bases to land at. Very few would last the cruise missile onslaught that destroyed, the aircraft, the runaways, and the bunkers.
images (meme).jpeg

This should be a serious concern for PAF. There is no guarantee that the Indians (hypothetically) wont manage to launch a massive and comprehensive strike destroying/crippling many PAF airbases destroying in the first hours of conflict.

So does PAF plan to use only highways in case of war damage or can innovative solutions like catapult for launching and arrestor for recovery also be used?? Just like the Navy....

Also a mobile catapult launch can also be used to launch aircraft from unexpected locations and surprise the enemy, like out of a mountain cave or from the middle of a desert, just like Swat Kats....!! 😁
Some AFBs have a reserve strip with in the same city area. Then motorways are another option. Some aircrafts can fly from hastily prepared or unprepared runways.

Some AFBs have a reserve strip with in the same city area. Then motorways are another option. Some aircrafts can fly from hastily prepared or unprepared runways.
I know of Bhagtanwala, which serves as reserve to Mushaf. Are there more, as reserve to other main bases??
Also are motorway operations ideal during wartime, doesn't bring war closer to civilian traffic??

I know of Bhagtanwala, which serves as reserve to Mushaf. Are there more, as reserve to other main bases??
Also are motorway operations ideal during wartime, doesn't bring war closer to civilian traffic??
What we need is underground airbases.

My Pakistani friends

Dear if India can destroy all our air bases within days by aircrafts, missiles, etc. then we also have the same capabilities.

And mind you that if long range fighters operate from far away airbases then they lose their effectiveness.

Also in a war ORBATs of both air forces will be evenly matched.

So nothing to worry about our air bases.

We are building another large modern air base west of Shahbaz.

Back
Top Bottom