What's new

So how good is Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter? Analysis from RUSI think-tank’s Justin Bronk

For the record, I don't want to go to my grave having called names to a fellow Muslim. And so, purely for the sake of Allah the Almighty and for nothing else, I apologize and seek forgiveness from you, @araz @WebMaster and @The Eagle and anyone else whom I have caused suffering. I hope you will forgive me for the sake of Allah the Almighty.

Nice
I forgave you already, nothing is in my heart against you.
What I replied, hope you would also forgive me now.

Good to hear from both of you realizing the matter and there shouldn't be anything permanent as such like this. Enjoy and have a good time.

Regards,

Nice
I forgave you already, nothing is in my heart against you.
What I replied, hope you would also forgive me now.
Apologies for the belated reply. Yes, I sincerely forgive you as well. May Allah Forgive us All, Save us from the torments of death afterlife, and Gather us together in Heaven in the hereafter.

So how good is Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter? Analysis from RUSI think-tank’s Justin Bronk
pakistan_air_force_jf-17_thunder_flies_in_front_of_the_26660_ft_high_nanga_parbat.jpg

Created in China, perhaps based on an Russian idea, the JF-17 is solely in service with the Pakistan Air Force. Comparable in thrust and weight levels to the Swedish Gripen, the JF-17 is an intriguing design, but how effective is it? We asked Justin Bronk, from the Royal United Services Institute for his opinion.

“The JF-17 as an airframe is certainly competitive with the F-16, being slightly aerodynamically cleaner, with a lower wing loading but a less efficient engine than the F-16s latest F110-GE-129/132 engine options. In terms of pilot interface, sensor suite and weapon flexibility, the JF-17 is roughly at a par with 1990s-vintage F-16 Block 40/42 and could be close to the USAF-standard Block 50/52, although without the conformal fuel tanks, JHMCS helmet sighting system and radar upgrades which distinguish the later Block 50/52+ and AESA which equips the UAE’s Block 60/61s.”

jf-17_thunder-planform_view.jpg

How would you rate the JF-17 in terms of within-visual range (WVR) and beyond-visual range (BVR) fighter capabilities?

“WVR, equipped with the MAA-1 Piranha missile, the small and agile JF-17 will be a dangerous but not exactly world-beating opponent for existing fourth generation fighters. It is limited to +8/-3g and the current block 1 and 2 fighters do not yet have a helmet mounted sight system as standard (this is promised for block 3). The JF-17 also doesn’t have a greater than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio so would be at a significant disadvantage in terms of energy management against opponents such as the F-15C, Typhoon or Su-35. BVR, the KLJ-7 radar is significantly out-ranged by the F-16’s AN/APG-68 and completely outclassed by the Rafale’s AESA array, Typhoon’s CAPTOR-M and the Su-35’s monstrously powerful Irbis-E. The JF-17s small wing area and lightweight also limit its missile-carrying capacity which further disadvantages it in BVR engagements. However, it is worth remembering that the JF-17 is not really intended to take on Typhoons, Rafales, F-15s or Su-35s. It is meant to be a cheap and cheerful light multirole fighter and configured accordingly.”

jf-17-thunder-dubai-air-show-pakistan-aeronautical-complex-pacpakistan-and-china-aviation-technology-import-export-corporation-catic-paris-air-show-siplay-pakistan-air-force-paf-plaa.jpg

For the full article go here

Note: Please don't go for full article and Indian not gone a like that

https://hushkit.net/2018/01/25/so-h...-analysis-from-rusi-think-tanks-justin-bronk/
The analyst compared block 2 upcoming block 3 and upgraded block 2 would have aesa and helmet and mounted display and control

I thank maybe
ĴF-17 around F16A/B
ĴF-17b around F16C
JF-17c around F16D?

pakistan_air_force_jf-17_thunder_flies_in_front_of_the_26660_ft_high_nanga_parbat.jpg

Created in China, perhaps based on an Russian idea, the JF-17 is solely in service with the Pakistan Air Force. Comparable in thrust and weight levels to the Swedish Gripen, the JF-17 is an intriguing design, but how effective is it? We asked Justin Bronk, from the Royal United Services Institute for his opinion.

“The JF-17 as an airframe is certainly competitive with the F-16, being slightly aerodynamically cleaner, with a lower wing loading but a less efficient engine than the F-16s latest F110-GE-129/132 engine options. In terms of pilot interface, sensor suite and weapon flexibility, the JF-17 is roughly at a par with 1990s-vintage F-16 Block 40/42 and could be close to the USAF-standard Block 50/52, although without the conformal fuel tanks, JHMCS helmet sighting system and radar upgrades which distinguish the later Block 50/52+ and AESA which equips the UAE’s Block 60/61s.”

How would you rate the JF-17 in terms of within-visual range (WVR) and beyond-visual range (BVR) fighter capabilities?

“WVR, equipped with the MAA-1 Piranha missile, the small and agile JF-17 will be a dangerous but not exactly world-beating opponent for existing fourth generation fighters. It is limited to +8/-3g and the current block 1 and 2 fighters do not yet have a helmet mounted sight system as standard (this is promised for block 3). The JF-17 also doesn’t have a greater than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio so would be at a significant disadvantage in terms of energy management against opponents such as the F-15C, Typhoon or Su-35. BVR, the KLJ-7 radar is significantly out-ranged by the F-16’s AN/APG-68 and completely outclassed by the Rafale’s AESA array, Typhoon’s CAPTOR-M and the Su-35’s monstrously powerful Irbis-E. The JF-17s small wing area and lightweight also limit its missile-carrying capacity which further disadvantages it in BVR engagements. However, it is worth remembering that the JF-17 is not really intended to take on Typhoons, Rafales, F-15s or Su-35s. It is meant to be a cheap and cheerful light multirole fighter and configured accordingly.”

jf-17-thunder-dubai-air-show-pakistan-aeronautical-complex-pacpakistan-and-china-aviation-technology-import-export-corporation-catic-paris-air-show-siplay-pakistan-air-force-paf-plaa.jpg

https://hushkit.net/2018/01/25/so-h...-analysis-from-rusi-think-tanks-justin-bronk/

Post full article,JF 17 has proven its metal against Iranian Drons shot down, and now destroying Indian fighter jets.

But however JF17 needs a bigger long range radar, new missile suite probably Russian avionics and radar suite. And definately a new Russian Engine.

Ask an SU30............ LOL

Back
Top Bottom