What's new

SM-2 missle explosed on German Sachsen frigate

Made in USA. :enjoy:

Overpaid and crapped low quality.
Incidents happen: machines are not infallible.

I bought and used two Narada dry batteries (no. 1 in China) for my UPS to cope with loadshedding and both failed under a year. Relatively much cheaper and local made AGS batteries have lasted over 2 years in my home. I would not try Narada again.

American goods are very high quality on average. Corsair PSU for my PC served me well for over 6 straight years and I eventually sold it at a good price. Intel microprocessors have served me well throughout (very robust and competitors not even close). I am also using Kenwood DC inverters to cope with harsh summer of Lahore and they have a much better build than Chinese Orient and Chenghong Ruba. They perform better than Haier and even Gree. Kenwood are British though.

I am sorry my friend but many Pakistani know better.

Last edited:

I bought and used two Narada dry batteries (no. 1 in China) for my UPS to cope with loadshedding and both failed under a year. Relatively much cheaper and local made AGS batteries have lasted over 2 years in my home. I would not try Narada again.

American goods are very high quality on average. Corsair PSU for my PC served me well for over 6 straight years and I eventually sold it at a good price. Intel microprocessors have served me well throughout (very robust and competitors not even close). I am also using Kenwood DC inverters to cope with harsh summer of Lahore and they have a much better build than Chinese Orient and Chenghong Ruba. They perform better than Haier and even Gree. Kenwood are British though.

Lol... U think you don't know anything. All you buy are just old product which US themselves no longer make. Same as the Chinese product which belongs to yesterday. There are millions of reviews of xiaomi product which is nothing but full of praise for it's value and quality compare to European or US count parts. Then you brag about how good US product. May I know how much is cost? They can be 4-5 times compare to China product. If a product is only 2x the quality of counterparts but cost 4-5 times. Do you think that is good value? Have you imagine if you pay just half the money paid for a Chinese product to a US product. They can produce better quality than American.

Finally you need to ask yourself. Is it becos the customer is cheap that they are only willing to pay 1/10 of American counterpart for Chinese product? Then the blame shall not put on Chinese but the cheap customer. If you have the money and willing to pay half price of European or American. I dare to bet with you. The quality and workmanship will be better.

There is a big reason why Apple shift it's whole production plant to foxconn China. Becos workmanship and quality is guaranteed plus at half of the production at USA.

Wake yourself up. Gone are the days of quality US product and accept the rise of China. Nowadays American corporate is only looking for big fat profit. They know they are some stupid customer who still cling onto US past glory and willing to pay overprice tag for their sub standard 2018 products.

Lol... U think you don't know anything. All you buy are just old product which US themselves no longer make. Same as the Chinese product which belongs to yesterday. There are millions of reviews of xiaomi product which is nothing but full of praise for it's value and quality compare to European or US count parts. Then you brag about how good US product. May I know how much is cost? They can be 4-5 times compare to China product. If a product is only 2x the quality of counterparts but cost 4-5 times. Do you think that is good value? Have you imagine if you pay just half the money paid for a Chinese product . They can produce better quality than American.

Finally you need to ask yourself. Is it becos the customer is cheap that they are only willing to pay 1/10 of American counterpart for Chinese product? Then the blame shall not put on Chinese but the cheap customer. If you have the money and willing to pay half price of European or American. I dare to bet with you. The quality and workmanship will be better.

There is a big reason why Apple shift it's whole production plant to foxconn. Becos workmanship and quality is guaranteed plus at half of the production at USA.

Wake yourself up. Gone are the days of quality US product and accept the rise of China. Nowadays American corporate is only looking for big fat profit. They know they are some stupid customer who still cling onto US past glory and willing to pay overprice tag for their sub standard 2018 products.
Old products? I usually go for the latest in the market.

Chinese smartphones are not 100% Chinese; they contain American components as well.

Chinese goods (even expensive ones such as from Narada) have unpredictable quality on average. If they work, they work well. If not, big loss. Failure rate of strictly American goods is much lower.

American manufacturing industry follow higher quality control measures than the Chinese. To give you an idea, Logitech speaker systems (made in China) have plastic build and prone to failure. This is not the case with same speaker systems which directly ship from the US. However, labor costs more in the US as you pointed out.

I have ample exposure and experience to see the difference because I have been in the retailing business. There are a large number of crucial components which are sourced from Japan, Korea, Germany and US for use in a wide range of commerical products (even Chinese), most notably in automobiles, smartphones, computers and air-conditioning. In-fact, Pakistan is installing its own manufacturing plants to manufacture goods domestically as per its satisfaction levels.

Last edited:

China has different quality products, they produce best and worst qualities at the same time. Maybe your traders have betrayed you, the next time you buy Chinese goods, buy from a trustworthy local company that imports Chinese goods.

I had a Chinese made DELL XPS L 502 X Laptop, despite the very saying about low quality Chinese goods, it served me for 9 straight years and just a couple of months ago, I sold it with a good price. It had 2 to 4 GB VGA, still could be comparable to other laptops with updated hardwares. Buy high quality Chinese from trusted traders.

China has different quality products, they produce best and worst qualities at the same time. Maybe your traders have betrayed you, the next time you buy Chinese goods, buy from a trustworthy local company that imports Chinese goods.

I had a Chinese made DELL XPS L 502 X Laptop, despite the very saying about low quality Chinese goods, it served me for 9 straight years and just a couple of months ago, I sold it with a good price. It had 2 to 4 GB VGA, still could be comparable to other laptops with updated hardwares. Buy high quality Chinese from trusted traders.
See that @LeGenD. You get duped and then generialised. Let me repeat again. You know nothing and is just a white bootlicker worshipper.

I am aware of their product quality grading practices (A, B, C and D respectively). I buy stuff from notable vendors and/or markets by the way.

DELL is an American company and its manufacturing quality standards are enforced even in China; some components are sourced from American suppliers and some are manufactured in China. I have 1 x DELL, 1 x LENOVO and 1 x Haier and I can tell the difference in the quality of each; DELL product is clearly better than the others in usage and quality.

When a Chinese product works, it may work very well. It is a gamble for the consumer. My negative experience with NARADA is worth telling, and it a big brand: http://en.naradapower.com/

Chinese manufacturing industry is not indigenous; a large number of foreign companies assemble their products in China (Made in China tag) and a large number of Chinese companies also import technologies and/or components from many foreign suppliers in general. Whether a DELL product is shipping from China or Malaysia, I have faith in its quality standards. China doesn't get credit in this.

China commonly source technologies and/or components from Russia, Germany, UK, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and US for its manufacturing practices. Do people not know this?

Few Chinese companies offer 100% indigenous products.

@Beast

You have a lot to learn instead. I bet that you have never opened your smartphone. Do me a favor! Visit a manufacturing plant of Huawei and ask its manager what technologies and/or components they are importing from the US; you will get the memo.

I can give you some pointers on my own:-
  • Lumentum Holdings Inc
  • Oclaro
  • NeoPhotonics Corp
  • Finisar Corp
  • Inphi Corp
  • Analog Devices Inc
  • Xilinx Inc
  • Google
I am surprised that you did not learn anything from the case of ZTE.

Last edited:
I am aware of their product quality grading practices (A, B, C and D respectively). I buy stuff from notable vendors and/or markets by the way.

DELL is an American company and its manufacturing quality standards are enforced even in China; some components are sourced from American suppliers and some are manufactured in China. I have 1 x DELL, 1 x LENOVO and 1 x Haier and I can tell the difference in the quality of each; DELL product is clearly better than the others in usage and quality.

When a Chinese product works, it may work very well. It is a gamble for the consumer. My negative experience with NARADA is worth telling, and it a big brand: http://en.naradapower.com/

Chinese manufacturing industry is not indigenous; a large number of foreign companies assemble their products in China (Made in China tag) and a large number of Chinese companies also import technologies and/or components from many foreign suppliers in general. Whether a DELL product is shipping from China or Malaysia, I have faith in its quality standards. China doesn't get credit in this.

China commonly source technologies and/or components from Russia, Germany, UK, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and US for its manufacturing practices. Do people not know this?

Few Chinese companies offer 100% indigenous products.

@Beast

You have a lot to learn instead. I bet that you have never opened your smartphone. Do me a favor! Visit a manufacturing plant of Huawei and ask its manager what technologies and/or components they are importing from the US; you will get the memo.

I can give you some pointers on my own:-
  • Lumentum Holdings Inc
  • Oclaro
  • NeoPhotonics Corp
  • Finisar Corp
  • Inphi Corp
  • Analog Devices Inc
  • Xilinx Inc
  • Google
I am surprised that you did not learn anything from the case of ZTE.
Lol.. you really know how to cherry pick to paint false news to reader. Why didn't you pick Huawei p10 or p20 pro to open up?

I have done my homework well. Ask yourself this simple question. Why didn't US ban export of chipset to Huawei but only ZTE? Huawei and ZTE , which one is bigger and more innovative?

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/hisilicon/kirin/970

Out of all the BS , you brag about smartphone. Which component is the most crucial? I don't think I need to say more. Huawei has the ability to make it's own chips and only their low tier smartphone use imported set as a measure of cost cutting. Not becos they don't have the abilities to do it.

Same as the American product you brag that claim to be made in American. I can be sure, they are many component that is made in China and ship to US for the final assembly. I suggest you brush up more of your reading and stop your anti China and white bootlicking.

@Beast

You are dodging my points, and your accusations are getting old.

My point is straightforward: Chinese goods are not 100% Chinese on average. A large number of Chinese companies source technologies/components from foreign companies to manufacture their products. Huawei is not an exception to this practice.

I have a simple question for you: why Huawei offer Android OS in its smartphones? Why not domestic Chinese OS?

American companies conceptualize their products domestically but they have manufacturing plants in different countries to tap different markets. For example, Intel have established manufacturing plants in different countries but 3 are in US mainland. Now, no matter from where you buy Intel products, there quality is top-notch and they are conceptualized in Intel.

You talk about Apple manufacturing its products in China but this is by choice; Chinese labor is cheap. Apple is also opening manufacturing plants in India because Indian labor is also cheap. Manufacturing can be done anywhere; real thing is who is conceptualizing the products.

Narada is a Chinese firm which might be developing its products domestically 100%, and one of the best in China in its business sector, but my experience with its products is negative. Chinese certainly know how to develop a product but there build quality is suspect on average. Local expertise is lacking in some key areas, and this is why many Chinese companies source technologies/components from foreign companies.

Instead of hurling insults, you need to do your homework. You know jack about global business practices.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom