What's new

Slums in South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
that makes it one of the biggest slum i c...:blink:

If Dharavi can have a Billion dollar thriving economy and still call it a slum, then why not call Orangi the biggest slum?

If Dharavi can have a Billion dollar thriving economy and still call it a slum, then why not call Orangi the biggest slum?

dont rant, i can see the houses of a billion dollar economy, define slum....

Here is a map of Worlds biggest slums ....

17093e8957595c5eb93cced9069062d4.png

For more details visit this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Principaux_Bidonvilles.png

Why are we debating? Slums can be beautiful too, in their own way! The vibrancy of the inhabitants can make up for many downs. Basic sanitation and clean water is a must, because no matter how nice my neighbors are I don't want to sleep beside my own faeces!

So u've travelled half of India?:blink:

Its pretty easy to tell. The percentage could be much larger than 50% primarily because of the standards of living in Orangi town versus India.

I take Orange Township any day compare to Dharavi's funny looking

slum. And you can't judge that with so call thriving economy.

For god sake, stop trying to boast your Indian ego when you are

having a crisis of open defecation!! :smitten::pakistan::china:

dont rant, i can see the houses of a billion dollar economy, define slum....

Dharavi dont define slum but defy slum. The place alone have an economy of about 1.3 Billion with trade and entrepreneurship thriving. After all its Mumbai dear, they wont build a house with backyard as they dont have any llegal record to show land ownership.

Dharavi Business
e33679fc9fa188d28c6abccdcbb8a81e.jpg

heck they even have video games for children.lolz
02c2167cb98509a3ed4bd3b2336bb5b4.jpg

0960a4fc6d757f9980658f722639d64e.jpg

Blueoval, if i m not wrong this isnt a DEFINITION of slum & according to map world's biggest slum is in Mexico

Manila Slum
93507c2230281de129dc0ae4bf017301.jpg

Dharavi

Now see this picture of Jerusalem, its 'NOT' a slum
115c545c7e6a76e9c7c5bbc8977715d7.jpg

compare Jerusalem with Orangi, then compare it with Slum of India & Philippines

NOW TELL ME FROM WHERE IT LOOKS A SLUM COMPARED TO DHARAVI

This looks like a poor neighborhood, kind of looks like a village. (Every large city has a poor neighborhood).

Dharavi

This looks like a slum.

BTW. Look at the wordings from Times of India it called Karachi, the largest city of Pakistan a slum..it didn't even use the town's name but used the entire city's name. Times of India must be the worst news source on earth.

A slum, as defined by the United Nations agency UN-HABITAT, is a run-down area of a city characterized by substandard housing and squalor and lacking in tenure security.

Orangi is alot better according to this definition.

Blueoval, if i m not wrong this isnt a DEFINITION of slum & according to map world's biggest slum is in Mexico

Manila Slum

Dharavi

Now see this picture of Jerusalem, its 'NOT' a slum
115c545c7e6a76e9c7c5bbc8977715d7.jpg

compare Jerusalem with Orangi, then compare it with Slum of India & Philippines

NOW TELL ME FROM WHERE IT LOOKS A SLUM COMPARED TO DHARAVI

Interesting, it seems one of them is not like the others. One of them doesn't have electricity nor sewage drainage. Guess which 'slum' that is.

Reactions: s90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom