What's new

Size of the Universe according to the Vedas

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Recruit

Reaction score
Vedic Tour of our Universe and Beyond

An animated tour of the Universe, and what lies beyond, according to the ancient Vedic text "Srimad Bhagavatam". Splendid visuals and narration describe how the ancient mystics perceive our poly-dimensional Universe, and then the realms that lie beyond it, unrestricted by time and space. The concepts presented here are found in many ancient traditions, yet the Vedic tradition remains consistent with modern astronomy and cosmology.

Dr Richard Thompson talks about the size of the Universe according to the Veda books

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody quote the relevant verses which gives these info ?

Vedas, written possibly over 10,000 years ago or even more accurately points out the age of the earth, the age of the universe, the diameter of the earth, the mass of the earth. For instance, the Vedas state the diameter of the universe is about 8000 miles. The actual diameter is 7990 miles. The Vedas state that planet Earth is well over 2 billion years old whereas, other religions believe the date to be a couple hundred or thousands year.
The oldest veda was written around 5000 years ago and some of the measurement could be right some could be wrong.

What ???!!! The diameter of universe is only 8000 miles????.... miles???:cheesy:
I thought the unit should be in lighyears or atleast in AU:P... anyways I wonder how could anyone guess the age of the earth in the ancient period and even if they had done i wonder did they document the procedure or the exact science used to do so . In the modern times we use radioactivity to calculate the age of earth, and I believe ancient people had no knowledge of radioactivity as no vedic scholar seems to mention it..:cry:
To know the age of universe I believe one must have some knowledge of relativity and to reach that level of complexity one must know classical physics and not to mention whole complex level of mathematics, never been documented any where in vedas or atleast no one has yet found it .. until that happens we must not mix science and vedas together and study vedas only as an important aspect of our culture and history..:tongue:

What ???!!! The diameter of universe is only 8000 miles????.... miles???:cheesy:
I thought the unit should be in lighyears or atleast in AU:P... anyways I wonder how could anyone guess the age of the earth in the ancient period and even if they had done i wonder did they document the procedure or the exact science used to do so . In the modern times we use radioactivity to calculate the age of earth, and I believe ancient people had no knowledge of radioactivity as no vedic scholar seems to mention it..:cry:
To know the age of universe I believe one must have some knowledge of relativity and to reach that level of complexity one must know classical physics and not to mention whole complex level of mathematics, never been documented any where in vedas or atleast no one has yet found it .. until that happens we must not mix science and vedas together and study vedas only as an important aspect of our culture and history..:tongue:

that earlier quote was wrong (random utube comment)...
now, i hv replaced that wrong quote by actual video description on utube..

actually universe is covered by 14 layers each is 10 times thicker than previous layer (each layer is billions of miles thicker..)
checkout d audio translation of vedas in second video..(newly posted)

Islam tells us the voncept of 7 skys...
each circling the other and each bigger than the other......
to me its impossible to completely understand everything around us..we can only have partial understanding as our thoughts are limited.

It is fashionable to show your religion as "scintific" now a days.
Religion (or a religious book) at best has captured the knowledge at the time it was written, If I start a religion today, I will ensure it has latest value of pi and speed of light accurately mentioned in it.

Islam tells us the voncept of 7 skys...
each circling the other and each bigger than the other......
to me its impossible to completely understand everything around us..we can only have partial understanding as our thoughts are limited.

for that we need meditation level of ancient sages.. (not possible today)

we r humans(material).....living in this material world.... and individuals karma(actions) decides his/her exit from this material world....

Last edited by a moderator:
No proselytizing of any religious scripture is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom