What's new

Sino-Bangladesh road link

Then why India is so much worried if Weak BD increases its links with China and week Pakistan gets some old not-modern F-162.

If only huge army and huge economy could have save the day then India would not have been a cry baby

:blink::blink:whats a F-162:blink::blink:

sunny:

Your comments and analysis are the least intelligent among all Indians, PK and BD in this forum. Didn't have enough nutritious food during childhood or did evolution fail you? Regardless, I don't want to know actually. What I want to know is: why do you keep talking out of your a$$?

Your first post mentions BD has to use Indian land to connect with China. And where the hell did you get that $hitty idea? It's general knowledge that BD is constructing a road through Myanmar to connect with China. All the rest in your first post is not even worth discussing.

Then you proceed to talk about Pak-China trade imbalance with an "I am God" attitude. You failed to impress us, by first going off topic, and then with your sheer lack of economics knowledge. Can you please please, please, tell us, what makes you think the Pak-China trade gap causes huge economic strain on Pakistan? Do you have any idea of how value adding on raw materials work? Any idea how Pakistan benefits from its trade with China by exporting value added products to western countries? No you don't, and you won't till you stop acting God here and go brush up your common sense.

And now you threaten us with your "My big daddy indian army will kill you all!" rhetoric"? Oooh this coward here is soo scared of you brave son of a gun:D:D.. but hey know what? I am more intelligent than you because I know "BDF" is a typo and Skies meant "BSF" lol. So did most people here figure that out. Typos can be forgiven, but hatred-filled low IQ posts lower the forum's quality. Either post intelligently, or don't post at all my friend.:hitwall:

Dude, wait a second, I study Management at Harvard. Sorry, my mother fed me well enough to get into one of the top universities of the world. Please care to explain how is Pakistan benefiting from china's trade.Last time I checked, Pakistan was trying to reduce the trade imbalance with China. So is every other country. But who's value adding here, you seem to think Pakistan has the manufacturing base and China is supplying it raw materials. No my friend, it's the other way around. Please explain how Pakistan trade works in intelligent brain of yours. I am talking out of my a**? I don't want to insult your intellect.

I am just stating the obvious, Bangladesh because of its geography depends on trade with India for its survival. Currently Bangladesh exports mostly to EU, but with coming EU-India FTA, it likely to loose almost 70% of its trade. Diplomatic ties are very different from economic ties, latter are needed for survival and former for influence. You should know which would take preference.

Regarding my misunderstanding of the typos, I am sorry, I really thought he was talking Bangladesh Force. Not so good at military stuff. And regarding routes, like I said Burma would not go against India to provide access to smaller Bangladesh. Also, I thought there is a conflict between Bangladesh and Burma. Is there not?

Pakistan's trade bear-hug with China
By Syed Fazl-e-Haider
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/LD21Df01.html

Last edited:
I am just stating the obvious, Bangladesh because of its geography depends on trade with India for its survival.

Thats why BD wants to explore other options to get out of Indian pressure circle

And you know geopolitics? It's getting funnier. Bangladesh had built a strong strategic friendship with China way before your birth. India does not provide any preferential trade access. The few pieces of garments allowed duty-free makes no $hitty difference.

But again, there was no China's presence in Bangladesh before now. They were not using any ports close to India. So there were no concerns for India in that regard. But now things are different, if Bangladesh acts against India's geopolitical interests, surely you do not expect India to sit quiet. But, anyways I am no expert in this regard, you do have higher intellect than me as your mother raised you on brain juice.

But again, there was no China's presence in Bangladesh before now. They were not using any ports close to India. So there were no concerns for India in that regard. But now things are different, if Bangladesh acts against India's geopolitical interests, surely you do not expect India to sit quiet. But, anyways I am no expert in this regard, you do have higher intellect than me as your mother raised you on brain juice.

But BD is not acting against geopolitical interests of India rather BD is acting for boasting its economy and defence against any future Indian bullying.

Whats wrong if BD wants China to use its port for trade just like it has been allowed to India and some other regional states ?

Thats why BD wants to explore other options to get out of Indian pressure circle

I know Jana, but that's not so easy considering India is it's closest neighbor and China is not. Burma and Bangladesh still have a number of unresolved conflicts. I think India would be fine, if they establish economic relations with China but giving China access to ports, that goes against India's geopolitical Interests.

But Srilanka was able to do it, may be Bangladesh could too. There's nothing wrong in trying.

But BD is not acting against geopolitical interests of India rather BD is acting for boasting its economy and defence against any future Indian bullying.

Whats wrong if BD wants China to use its port for trade just like it has been allowed to India and some other regional states ?

Because giving India access to Bangladesh ports has no geopolitical consequence to China. But giving access to China will have an impact on India.

Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
And you know geopolitics? It's getting funnier. Bangladesh had built a strong strategic friendship with China way before your birth.

ahem!

China has used its veto only six times in the security council, guess what the 1st one was??

AGAINST THE RECOGNITION OF BANGLADESH IN THE UNITED NATIONS

China and the United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You guys forget history too easily!

Because giving India access to Bangladesh ports has no geopolitical consequence to China. But giving access to China will have an impact on India.

Myanmar . rings a bell for all

BD's interests and defence comes first and Indian interests come second simple as that

Myanmar . rings a bell for all

BD's interests and defence comes first and Indian interests come second simple as that

Sure, but is it in BD's interest going against India's geopolitical interests making India an adversary?

Myanmar port is more towards India than China, it is being built in far south of Myanmar towards Indian Ocean. I fail to see any geopolitical consequence to China because of this port.

Last edited:
So BD should keep being hostage to history and refuse to move on ??

You have stabbed Iran in the back and now you are again approaching Iran for your own interests. Thats how the world moves

:lol:

Thanks for re-iterating my point :tup:

I was merely correcting Apocalypse's delusional belief that Bangladesh and China were back-slapping buddies since time immemorial.

Nations always act in their self interest, just like US is trying to play India against China, and China is trying to throw India off balance in South Asia.

Bangladesh should do whatever is best for them, keeping geopolitics in mind

Sure, but is it in BD's interest going against India's geopolitical interests making India an adversary?

No one is making India an adversary, according to your logic....BD has the right to think about its interest FIRST and then about her neighbors....

According to you again, it seems like we cannot do anything that displeases India....come on, India should be that practical to understand its related politics....that is how things go about....

Must have heard about the term "opportunity cost" right....

Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom