What's new

single national curriculum - 1 to 5 standards (Government’s single national curriculum is like martial law)

Also, there is no harm in learning other languages, but the primary language for education, must me the local national language. Pre Pakistan days, people used to learn Arabic, Persian, English etc, nowadays no one bothers to learn anything other than English.

Another perspective is pre 1947 how many people even knew how to read and write? probably not many

I saw the news and watched the video yesterday and 1st question was asked to myself, " What does mean by 'rights equality and citizenship program."?

It would be better to raise the standard of government schools as par as private schools but it seems that Imran khan decided to downgrade the education standard in Pakistan itself... Ok, it is fine internally but what about the competition at the international level.

I can put Myself on this place and feel the pain by was educated from Hindi medium. Still, i can write and speak but with many errors. Now, My kid goes to 3rd standard and he almost reaching my level while communicating or writing.

Being a Hindu, our primary written language is Sanskrit but now, no one teaches them in our schools. And, Hindi - only one subject.

I never support if someone compromises the education system. And, it is about the future of Pakistani youth.

There is a lot of misinformation out there--some from my fellow countrymen in this thread as well. Let me please explain what this Gov plans to do;

1. Introduce a uniform single curriculum across the entire country. Currently we have two different English mediums--Cambridge and local Federal/Provincial boards, Urdu medium and Madressahs. IK wants a single curriculum to be taught at all these places. He is not downgrading the existing private schools; he is upgrading the other ones to this standard. There is a massive massive quality increase in board books that I have come across.

2. English will be kept as a subject and not a medium of instruction for other subjects. For example maths and science will be taught in local language. This is inline with international best practices in developed countries like Japan, China, South Korea, Scandinavia, Germany, France, Turkey etc. It is us South Asians who are in this inferiority complex that we really don't understand science unless it is in English. If you have experience of teaching kids, you'll know that grasping a concept in mother tongue is much much easier than trying to cram it in a foreign language.

3. These are the two main changes. Rest is all BS spread by new analysts for political mileage.

I can put Myself on this place and feel the pain by was educated from Hindi medium. Still, i can write and speak but with many errors. Now, My kid goes to 3rd standard and he almost reaching my level while communicating or writing.

You used the word pain. As a fellow South Asian I can understand why you had to use it. We have been taught that if you can't speak polished English then you are not educated no matter how good you are at physics, maths or software or whatever is your job. This needs to change. Any nation that has changed its fortunes in the last century has done so in its own language--China, Japan, South Korea, Scandinavians etc.

Learning English as a language and learning everything in English are two different things. Nobody can argue against importance of learning english as a language. But sciences and other subjects are better taught/learnt in mother tongues.

Last edited:
Positive things about the new single curriculum being ignored.

1. The content of the SNC for Maths and Science has been aligned to the TIMSS content framework.
2. SNC focusses on development of analytical, critical and creative thinking through a more activities-based approach rather than static teacher centric learning.
3. Use of ICT is integrated in the curriculum for the first time.

And this.

Finally a sensible and analytical post. I am 100% sure that most of the person commenting here have not even gone through the basic of the curriculum and started rejecting it.

This is the problem of our society. Medium is important and english provide us an edge there is no doubt about it. But on the same time, English medium is stopping alot more perople from growth as they dont have access to english medium. Similarly, there is no local R&D as we are use to of studying the international research and copying it rather than doing any research locally.

This is the first step and very basic one in nation building, it will either raise us to international level but also has a potential to destroy us further if we dont follow through well.

Spot on. We're too reactionary. This forum is still better than social media where people don't read beyond the headline. I saw a Facebook post about a British man who got fined for setting up fake traffic lights outside his house in the UK. The headline read he was fined x thousand rupees. 50% of the comments slating Pakistani society and Pakistan. They didn't bother reading the article to realise it was a white guy in England and the journalist had written the fine in GBP and PKR to help people understand scale.

It's a sign of the intellectual bankruptcy of our society. SNC could just be a gimmick without the correct equipment in schools, the correct teacher training, new methods of assessment, without support to implement technology in classes.

During COVID my daughters classes were switched to MS Teams. The school bought tablets, bought the accounts, gave them to the kids - but the teachers really struggled. They didn't know how to use Teams. A lot of the kids struggled.

I worked in higher education in the UK, we had online learning environments - most of the lecturers just used them as places to dump notes and powerpoints. Only a few used the full extent of the tool to provide a real online learning platform. We had a whole department dedicated to teaching faculties how to utilise these tools. What support will our schools in Pakistan get? What support will teachers get?

How will IT really be integrated? If our teachers don't know how to code - who will teach the kids?

Huge amounts of questions that need answering, but no - the focus is on a dishonest campaign to discredit SNC based on class divides. English Medium vs Urdu and Islamic creep vs yahoodi saazish to remove islamiyat.

Back
Top Bottom