Nike

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Singapore buys tanks Merkava Mk 4

July 4th, 4:36

fughq6R.jpg

Resource IntelligenceOnline.com reports that Singapore will be the first foreign buyer of major Israeli tanks series Merkava. According to these reports, Singapore signed a contract for the purchase of 50 tanks Merkava Mk 4 new construction. According to the resource, the transaction amount reaches $ 500 million

Earlier, at the beginning of June 2014, the Israeli newspaper "Yediot Ahronot", citing a source in the Israeli Defense Ministry announced the signing of export agency of the Ministry of Defence Shibata first export contract for the Merkava Mk 4 tanks, without naming the customer and saying only that it is a country, "related long-term relationships with Israel in the field of security. "Also does not provide any details, except that the amount of the contract is "several hundred million dollars."

Merkava tanks series produced in the Israeli public a tank factory in Tel Hashomer in 1979, however, despite the considerable interest shown in him at different times by different potential foreign customers, never exported. This let low rates of production of tanks Merkava, their high cost, as well as export restrictions by both the U.S. (acting supplier significant portion of the tank units and systems and provide partial funding for the program of the issue), and most of the Israeli Ministry of Defense. Now, for reasons mainly economic plan, Israel's Defense Ministry has issued export permits Merkava Mk 4.

Singapore since 2007 acquired are considered 182 Leopard 2A4 tanks from the German Bundeswehr presence (part of them for use on parts and conversion into special machines), and is currently carrying out a program of modernization.

bmpd

Singapore is a city military base, sort of like Sevastopol. It's a city, but has loads of warplanes, warships, tanks, what not. Man.

i wonder for whom they r buying 186 leo 2s and 50 israeli tanks? @Indos

They need it to feel secure.......and more certainty about Singapore future existence will also bring confident to any foreign investor wanting to invest in that land

I have to admit that Indonesia in the past is quite aggressive, and I believe that small country like Singapore need to make other potential invader to think twice before doing any real military assault

List of wars involving Indonesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They need it to feel secure.......and more certainty about Singapore future existence will also bring confident to any foreign investor wanting to invest in that land

I have to admit that Indonesia in the past is quite aggressive, and I believe that small country like Singapore need to make other potential invader to think twice before doing any real military assault

Whatever the case learn from our experiences. Defence equipment bring unnecessary strain on economy and development of a nation. I had thought abt it u were right when u said the same to me once.

Far East is the only Muslim region which is peaceful and growing and that must be kept safe from these Westerners and their interests. They just want to create hostilities and trigger an arms race.

I will advice the Indonesian Friends to be careful in this and think for the peace of the region and be patient with Singapore and make them realize that they are wrong.

Will the Singaporean military be able to stand up to Singapore or even Malaysia in future?

A city state of a few million people for all intents and purposes is indefensible.

Will the Singaporean military be able to stand up to Singapore or even Malaysia in future?

A city state of a few million people for all intents and purposes is indefensible.

If Indonesia doesn't like Singapore, what we can do first is to cut our gas supply to their industry, and then stop buying oil from their refinery. Their economy can collapse with these move or if not, it can be badly damaging. All of our rich people that live there can also be forced to move back, plus forcing them to bring back their money again into Indonesia, which also can hurt their economy badly. Even if no Indonesian visit Singapore, it will sting their economy as well.

And If the relation keep worsening, all what we can do is to bomb the city using our indigenous rocket from Batam city in Riau islands that has 100 km range (which I don't recommend, due to my religious constrain ...:D, I hope we can use our cruise missile instead which is still underdevelopment currently, so no civilian that get hurt :) ). And for Malaysia case, they can cut off Singapore water supply since Singapore drinking water comes from Malaysia.

In short, that kind of military posture is useless if the opponent is Indonesia or Malaysia.

Last edited:
If Indonesia doesn't like Singapore, what we can do first is to cut our gas supply to their industry, and then stop buying oil from their refinery. Their economy can collapse with these move or if not, it can be badly damaging. All of our rich people that live there can also be forced to move back, plus forcing them to bring back their money again into Indonesia, which also can hurt their economy badly. Even if no Indonesian visit Singapore, it will sting their economy as well.

And If the relation keep worsening, all what we can do is to bomb the city using our indigenous rocket from Batam city in Riau islands that has 100 km range (which I don't recommend, due to my religious constrain ...:D, I hope we can use our cruise missile instead which is still underdevelopment currently, so no civilian that get hurt :) ). And for Malaysia case, they can cut off Singapore water supply since Singapore drinking water comes from Malaysia.

In short, that kind of military posture is useless if the opponent is Indonesia or Malaysia.

The question is, why spend these billions when it could be put to more productive purposes?

The question is, why spend these billions when it could be put to more productive purposes?
They resell ToT to neighboring countries, they only buy the best or the most asked for tech by their ToT buying customers. So, what ever they buy, becomes ToT by reverse engineering. They are filthy rich because they are very good businessmen. Every one of their citizens is a millionaire in $.

You do realize that Singapore is the US key ally in SE Asia right ?

If u use ur 100 km rockets against Singapore, then Singapore's F-15 will first take out these rockets and then all ur major cities.

and this is the reason why we spend billions on Defence

Because we are developed to our teeth and moreover, we need to protect ourself against foreign military aggression.

Those few million people can punch real hard as they have undergone military training.

I dont understand why does Singapore need tanks? who are they going to invade? they should spend more on Naval forces and Airforce...if necessary...Even Airforce, they do not have place to park their planes..and i had read a news article stating that they are planning to base it in Andamans or Indian mainland.

I dont understand why does Singapore need tanks? who are they going to invade? they should spend more on Naval forces and Airforce...if necessary...Even Airforce, they do not have place to park their planes..and i had read a news article stating that they are planning to base it in Andamans or Indian mainland.
In case of invasion tank is most rapid reaction force.

Back
Top Bottom