Nike

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Singapore buys tanks Merkava Mk 4

July 4th, 4:36

fughq6R.jpg

Resource IntelligenceOnline.com reports that Singapore will be the first foreign buyer of major Israeli tanks series Merkava. According to these reports, Singapore signed a contract for the purchase of 50 tanks Merkava Mk 4 new construction. According to the resource, the transaction amount reaches $ 500 million

Earlier, at the beginning of June 2014, the Israeli newspaper "Yediot Ahronot", citing a source in the Israeli Defense Ministry announced the signing of export agency of the Ministry of Defence Shibata first export contract for the Merkava Mk 4 tanks, without naming the customer and saying only that it is a country, "related long-term relationships with Israel in the field of security. "Also does not provide any details, except that the amount of the contract is "several hundred million dollars."

Merkava tanks series produced in the Israeli public a tank factory in Tel Hashomer in 1979, however, despite the considerable interest shown in him at different times by different potential foreign customers, never exported. This let low rates of production of tanks Merkava, their high cost, as well as export restrictions by both the U.S. (acting supplier significant portion of the tank units and systems and provide partial funding for the program of the issue), and most of the Israeli Ministry of Defense. Now, for reasons mainly economic plan, Israel's Defense Ministry has issued export permits Merkava Mk 4.

Singapore since 2007 acquired are considered 182 Leopard 2A4 tanks from the German Bundeswehr presence (part of them for use on parts and conversion into special machines), and is currently carrying out a program of modernization.

bmpd

@Indos , @nufix @Reashot Xigwin @MarveL @Jakartans@PkDef what do you think?

Singapore buys tanks Merkava Mk 4
July 4th, 4:36

fughq6R.jpg

Resource IntelligenceOnline.com reports that Singapore will be the first foreign buyer of major Israeli tanks series Merkava. According to these reports, Singapore signed a contract for the purchase of 50 tanks Merkava Mk 4 new construction. According to the resource, the transaction amount reaches $ 500 million

@Indos , @nufix @Reashot Xigwin @MarveL @Jakartans@PkDef what do you think?

Too many heavy tanks for a city state army is somewhat over, unless Singapore is planning for an expansion of course.

It means Singapore see Indonesia as its potential threat, our Leopard acquisition push them to buy those tanks. Actually we are not going to invade any of our neighbors, a very stupid action as we have so many untapped potency in our own land. Beside that, Singapore as an economic entity is also benefiting Indonesia economic progress by becoming a hub in sea transport. We like them to be what they are now.

I believe we should stick to our current leopard acquisition number, or just buy it more if only there is an offer at a discount price, like what we had recently. No need to response it by adding more Leopards as we have so many urgent things to do.

For our Army and Marine, I like them to put more effort in Pindad Anoa acquisition, including its new amphibious version, SBS Pindad, next Pindad/Turkey medium tank, Pindad MLRS, mass produce our rockets,etc. Our 400 light tanks should also be modernized by Pindad as much as we can.

Our javelin missile is enough to damage those tanks anyway.

Last edited:
Would Merkava be suitable for Singaporean Terrain? At most something suitable for urban warfare would best suit them. Where would it need these tanks in the first place?

It means Singapore see Indonesia as its potential threat, our Leopard acquisition push them to buy those tanks. Actually we are not going to invade any of our neighbors, a very stupid action as we have so many untapped potency in our own land. Beside that, Singapore as an economic entity is also benefiting Indonesia economic progress by becoming a hub in sea transport. We like them to be what they are now.

I believe we should stick to our current leopard acquisition number, or just buy it more if only there is an offer at a discount price, like what we had recently. No need to response it by adding more Leopards as we have so many urgent things to do.

For our Army and Marine, I like them to put more effort in Pindad Anoa acquisition, including its new amphibious version, SBS Pindad, next Pindad/Turkey medium tank, Pindad MLRS, mass produce our rockets,etc. Our 400 light tanks should also be modernized by Pindad as much as we can.

Is there a land link between Indonesia and Singapore? If not then Singaporians would be better off having small and nimble tanks suitable for Indonesia terrain and Merkava would certainly not be one of them. The only two ways I can percieve Singapore using Tanks would be
1-Invading Indonesian coast. (Most likely case)
2-Using urban warfare in its own territory. (which she can't afford because she doesn't have any strategic depth at all)

Last edited:
Would Merkava be suitable for Singaporean Terrain? At most something suitable for urban warfare would best suit them. Where would it need these tanks in the first place?

Is there a land link between Indonesia and Singapore? If not then Singaporians would be better off having small and nimble tanks suitable for Indonesia terrain and Merkava would certainly not be one of them. The only two ways I can percieve Singapore using Tanks would be
1-Invading Indonesian coast. (Most likely case)
2-Using urban warfare in its own territory. (which she can't afford because she doesn't have any strategic depth at all)

1. yup, it is for urban warfare, no land link
2. Dont be kidding me that they want to invade Indonesia ;)
3. I believe their real doctrine is just saving time before they get helped from western countries if any invasion really take place in the future.

our answer is decisive, more Leos surely with their LST and more frigate, attack helo and Jet fighter. No need to slow down our modernization process. BTW, the Javelin is only be bought in small number, well Kostrad has indicated they want to purchasing more Javelin in the future if we had more cash to be spent

10 Million a piece ?

Full package, they are usually do that

In reality,Singapore as a tiny island can't survive in any war,so it's useless for them to develope military.Indonesia as potential threat to Singapore?Even you have small army,you can destroy Singapore.
The best thing they can do is to adopt neautral and Non-Aligned policy,this is the better than to develope a useless military

In reality,Singapore as a tiny island can't survive in any war,so it's useless for them to develope military.Indonesia as potential threat to Singapore?Even you have small army,you can destroy Singapore.
The best thing they can do is to adopt neautral and Non-Aligned policy,this is the better than to develope a useless military

Not entirely true. Below is global fire power lisiting. Also I felt amusing that why Indonesian here, more than 1000x our size,100x our population would feel threaten by Singapore.

Shows your IQ.

5e6ef-kekuatanmiliterindonesiaperingkat15dunia.jpg

Not entirely true. Below is global fire power lisiting. Also I felt amusing that why Indonesian here, more than 1000x our size,100x our population would feel threaten by Singapore.

Shows your IQ.

5e6ef-kekuatanmiliterindonesiaperingkat15dunia.jpg
Singapore can't attack Indonesia first,the Lee family is not that stupid.And because you are not threat to anyone,no one will attack you.

Singapore can't attack Indonesia first,the Lee family is not that stupid.And because you are not threat to anyone,no one will attack you.

But these Indon here keep making noise like mad. I do not know whether to blame Islam again for this or not. I believe if we have a Buddhist as our neighbor, no one give a damn.

Also Singaporeans hate our military.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom