What's new

Sinead O'Connor: Islam "is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian's journey."

Just trying to find what lost in the dark under light. The only problem it is not the same place.:D
Today she became role model , tomorrow when she leave, people will curse her and blasphemy fatwas of kafir and blah blah.,.... Same happened with Turkey president Erdogan, he was role model as True Muslim for many Pakistanis, but when he said Islam needs to be updated & You cannot apply Islam with old laws from 14 centuries ago. , Now same people curses him and giving fatwas day & night.

Last edited:
Today she became role model , tomorrow when she leave, people will curse her and blasphemy fatwas of kafir and blah blah.,.... Same happened with Turkey president Erdogan, he was role model as True Muslim for many Pakistanis, but when he said Islam needs to be updated & You cannot apply Islam with old laws from 14 centuries ago. , Now people curses him and giving fatwas day & night.

Religion never fail the people. It is the people who fail the religion.

A loser will always be a loser no matter the religion.

'I'm proud to have become a Muslim': Sinead O'Connor announces she has converted from Catholicism – and says she's now called Shuhada Davitt

She added: 'This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian's journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada.'

She spelled her name with an apostrophe at the end, writing her full name as Shuhada' Davitt.
5417036-6317761-image-a-23_1540497169053.jpg

O'Connor also changed her twitter profile image to a Nike tick with the caption 'wear a hijab. Just do it.'

The singer said she was given her first hijab by her friend Elaine and 'got chills all over' her body when she put it on.

Last Friday O'Connor posted a video of herself singing the Islamic call to prayer called the Adhan.

She wrote: 'Here is my attempt at singing the Azan [sic]. I got some pronouncition [sic] wrong because emotions took me from my page…but there'll be hundreds of others onstage to come.'

O'Connor later added: 'Sorry re all the mistakes in my Azan…1st attempt. When I've practised it 30 times I'm Gonna make the world stop turning.'

Since announcing her conversion, O'Connor has been inundated with welcome messages from Muslims, she said.

At 11.30pm on Thursday she tweeted: 'Thank you so much to all my Muslim brothers and sisters who have been so kind as to welcome me to Ummah today on this page. You can't begin to imagine how much your tenderness means to me.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...OConnor-announces-conversion-Islam-video.html

Alot of musicians are in alot of turmoil underneath it all. The result can often be tremendous beauty in the form of music.

But all too often that turmoil consumes them....i.e. drugs, suicide etc....

In her case it lead to Islam.

MashAllah.

Hope she finds peace in the religion ..

Though from 80s but ever green, i was and still am biggest fan of these songs.

Probably One reason she left Catholicism...
Catholics hate her apprently.

Either way, not my circus not my monkey!
Religion is a personal issue and should be so! If Islam gives her inner peace, I don’t see any problem with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom