What's new

Sindh governor refuses to ratify forced conversion bill

GOOD.

This stupid bill should be rescinded.

The bill makes it illegal for anybody under 18 to convert to Islam. Like what the f*ck? Yes, forced conversions should be illegal and punished. But, a 17 year old has every right to choose whatever he/she wants to do with his life. How can government--in an Islamic republic!--make it illegal for 16,17-year-olds to become Muslim

It doesn't happen even in U.S or india. Talk about Sindh assembly trying to lick extra Western a$$ due to NGO's and dollars.

These corrupt waderas...na deen k na mulk k!!

i've been trying to educate retarded liberal psuedo assholes about this exact point. but they pretend to be deaf and claim that the mullah are rallying against this bill because they claim that forced conversion is part of Islam and that they should have the right to force convert hindus, which is completely untrue. i'm not a fan of mullahs, but they have a point here. telling a person that he can't convert until a certain age is like saying that a person has no right to choose his path and that until he turns 18, he isn't mature enough to choose his own mind.

One needs to be convinced to change his/her religion. A child can easily be convinced because of mental immaturity. The responsibility of deciding for a child rests with his parent in any case. So I agree with a declared minimum age (maybe 14 or something) after which a man/woman is deemed capable of making his/her own decisions.
If you don't agree with the minimum age, and think it depends on case by case bases, then the only other way to establish if a person is capable of making his/her own decision again lies with the parents.
We have personalities in Islamic history who converted in a young age but I think it happened because their parent or guardian was a Muslim. Has any child converted without the consent his parent/guardian during Prophets(pbuh) time?

i totally agree with u. many idiot corner masjid jahil molvis try to lure hindu kids into converting and then if they parents keep the children away from "being a muslims" then they jahil molvis start a riot and try to get the children taken away from them. in islam if a person who is dependent ( as in a wife being dependent on her husband, or children being dependent on their parents) then even if the child has converted, the parents have the authority to keep the child away from islamic teaching, and this justified. and in an actual islamic country these mullahs would not dare to snatch the children away from their kufr parents becuase in Shariah, the parents have the right to teach their children as they see fit, even if they forcefully withhold islamic teaching in fear that their child might loose their religion and join islam. but this bill is wrong and needs to be analysed again, and again, and again.

Back
Top Bottom