What's new

Simorgh rises from Antonov's ashes

Google paste side by side, it actually looks pretty good, would love to see it after it’s painted, variant 2.0 3.0 will be 1 to 3 years and like I always say instead of everyone here but seems to fall on deaf ears if we as Muslims got together and assisted one another we wouldn’t be lagging behind militarily and economically compared to other countries. Turkey jointly developed their fighter with financing from gulf nations iran and Pakistan assisting with technical support.
These ideas about "ummah" died after arabs betrayed the Ottoman Empire in WWI anybody who suggests something like that just show off their ignorance.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing over and over again expecting... shit to change

As for the plane, I don't think you can really appreciate the differences without physically putting them next to each other and climbing inside.

Last edited:
Fu3tVI3aAAA0XSL

Although the above image is clearly that of an Iran-140, rear strakes like this are going to be a must for non-T-Tail and non-rear-door equipped aircraft like the Simorgh to afford stability. Current strakes seem a little on the small side, these hardly weigh anything, so weight is not an issue for bigger strakes.

Aerodynamically the propwash flow from both sides will cause turbulence, and strakes like these are common on most larger turboprops. Strakes do need to be rather stiff.

iu

See the turbulence pattern on a computer flow simulation (finite element analysis). German study. At higher speeds these turbulent flows can highly disrupt aircraft roll, pitch and yaw stability.

DLR-CaseStudy.jpg

DLR-best-worst.jpg

Dihedral for the tailfeathers for the Simorgh is part of the same idea, as seen on a SAAB 340 here and is also present on the SAAB 2000 I believe.

iu

Last edited:
Although the above image is clearly that of an Iran-140, rear strakes like this are going to be a must for non-T-Tail and non-rear-door equipped aircraft like the Simorgh to afford stability. Current strakes seem a little on the small side, these hardly weigh anything, so weight is not an issue for bigger strakes.

Aerodynamically the propwash flow from both sides will cause turbulence, and strakes like these are common on most larger turboprops. Strakes do need to be rather stiff.

iu

See the turbulence pattern on a computer flow simulation (finite element analysis). German study. At higher speeds these turbulent flows can highly disrupt aircraft roll, pitch and yaw stability.

DLR-CaseStudy.jpg

DLR-best-worst.jpg

Dihedral for the tailfeathers for the Simorgh is part of the same idea, as seen on a SAAB 340 here and is also present on the SAAB 2000 I believe.

iu

The BAE Jetstream 31 (and the larger Jetstream 41) tackles the problem of tailfeathers in the flow of the propwash by lifting them further up the rudder structure. This is even better solution than having dihedral for tailfeathers (elevators) like SaaB 340 and 2000.

1155px-Pascan_Aviation_-_BAe_Jetstream_32_-_C-GPPS_%28Quintin_Soloviev%29.jpg

sx-seh-sky-express-british-aerospace-jetstream-4100-jetstream-41_PlanespottersNet_731912_6f53ed9ca8_o.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, first flight of Simorgh transpo aircraft. Video clip

Back
Top Bottom