What's new

Should Pakistan recognize Israel?

Should Pakistan recognize and establish better ties with Israel?

• Total voters
Pros

1) Recognize Israel may lead to better access to western technology, particularly the ultra-modern and superior military technology the Israeli military possess and develops. Access to high-tech gadgets and military hardware. If we look at Turkey, Turkey's relationship with Israel has allowed Turkey to also have great access to modern military equipment and technology, which has provided Turkey a great modern edge in its military power.

2) Recognizing and establishing better ties with Israel, may realitically throw a wrench in the "Indo-Israel" axis which has underlying Anti-Pakistani objectives. If Israel sees a friendly Pakistan, Israel may not feel threaten by Pakistan and may also end any aggression against Pakistan through MOSSAD or it's Indo-Israeli axis. It would help to remove the underlying anti-Pakistani objectives of the Indo-Israeli axis.

3) Possibly better economic ties, Pakistan will most likely have access to better consumer goods, products, more trade, and possibly give Pakistan more markets to export.

4) A move such as this may give Pakistan less to worry about in regards to it's national security that Israel poses. Then again new security challenges may arise from such a move.

5) Loosen travel restrictions between Pakistan & Israel.

6) US may feel more comfortable about Pakistan and may also provide Pakistan better technology to reward Pakistan for such a move.

7) You may list other pros yourself.

Israel is a very powerful country.

They are all set to replace Russia as india,s biggest military supplier.

They are a very educated and cunning race.

The israeli Indian military relationship is very deep and its thanks to the Jewish lobby that india is getting so much attention in Washington.

The israeli india alliance is talked about/debated in real depth in pakistan because its worrying Pakistan leaders and their military in particular.

Breaking Israel from india should be [Pakistans no 1 priority).

But how you do that is a very difficult question

I want to respond to your last point that I highlighted in bold.

If you look at "Pros #2" I offer a possible method to throw a wrench into the Indo-Israeli axis, and possibly a solution for Pakistan to benefit from a strong relationship with Israel, especially on the military and technological front.

Read Pro #2

That way the western world has contributed more than anyone to the development of the world. Nobody is against development; people despise Israel's Govt because of their policies towards muslims; there are good jews and there are bad jews; just as there are good muslims and there are bad muslims; one cannot generalize negatively based on the actions of a few people.

The denial of existence of Israel is because of their illegal land grabbing of the muslims; and by agreeing to Israel's existence; it will justify Israel's actions and embolden them. Until they withdraw their settlements; Israel shouldn't expect anything from the muslim world.

Let me add that I have personally found the Jews very professional. They are very good at keeping their religion and religious hateret towards non-Jews separate from their professional life. Once I got into a debate over Palestinian issue with an elderly lady PB. I had no clue that she was Jewish not until I figured it out during that conversation. That lady was (still is) a big shot at the NIH. In those days, I had applied for a fellowship from NIH, and after that debate and learning that she was Jewish, I was certain that I would never get the NIH fellowship. I did not learn the fate of my fellowship until I met with PB in Canada a few months later, where we were attending a meeting. And she told me that NIH had decided to fund me. Even after that, she kept supporting me, while fully aware of my views on Palestinian issue. I am 100% sure, if there was a Muslim or a Hindu in her place, he/she would have done everything possible to destroy my career.

You know after reading this thread and thinking about it seems to me pakistan actually has nothing to lose and everthing to gain by recognizing israel.

You know after reading this thread and thinking about it seems to me pakistan actually has nothing to lose and everthing to gain by recognizing israel.

100% Correct my friend, spot on. And just think about it for a second, if we become allies with both Israel and the Arab Countries, It'll only be better for us. We will buy weapons from Israel, and Oil from the Arab States. I mean really, you think the Arabs have the gall to insult Pakistan if we recognize Israel? I think not.

:)brother saadahmed In an Arab land a nation comes and snatches land and then call it Israel and hands it over to jews and today world is talking about a free Palestinian State? funny you did not think that Palestine was already free! next do think about it and you know how to google it if its a legal state for you check out the maps from 1948 till now how much land did Israel forcefully taken from Palestinians..and all the suffereing and struggling of Palestinians is trashed? all the structural damage in palestine all the blockade of shipment of medicines and everything blocked does a free nation lives like that? U call Israel a legal free nation while the Muslims "middle of no where" once called state its own fate is undecided and harassed now and then and u'll happy rushing to recognize and call Israel Legal? wow brotha ur amazing in ur own way! Yes option to recognize Israel is if they go back to the original area of 1948 and leave Juresulum to Palestine! hope you don't have problem even with Jerusulem or u want to hand it over as legal land of Israel..Guys you ppl should have thought of Jerusulum before recognizing Israel or you guys want to hand the most sacred Muslim land in the hands of those Jews..
1.There was no Israel pre 1848 after the WW2 it was decided to give Jews a home.
2.No persecution of Jews before 1948 they had no problems living for ages in a Muslim land protected by Muslims so why another nation pops in to snatch and break apart land and hands it over to extremely minority Jews.
3.Illegal forcefully taking more and more lands with in Palestine by Jews(Not legal not recognizable)
4.Jerusulum belongs to Muslims was with Muslims for ages..how in the hell are you guys handing it over to Jews and recognizing Israel as Legal for snatching the most sacred land..
5.a Legal state does not invade another legal land that was created before it..or are you guys going to hand over Masjid-e-Aqsa and call it Israels legal property.
there are more points you guys should think about it first before running embracing Israel as legal recognized state..
what will you get in return to recognize Israel? 0 nothing..Pakistan has help the west alot US and Euro has slapped back always what do you expect now?

Don't drag Pakistan's creation into it had there been no British in this region at all Muslim would still be ruling this land whether they named it hindustan or Isamistan or jahanistan.. British illegally invaded our land and in the end divided it yes now Pakistan was in a sense already a nation furthur division by British..we Muslims were rulers bad luck weak govt but whatever it was already a hugly Muslim populated land never the less Hindus were also driving force of it we could have given hindus a seperate land too bad luck british popped in and wasted our land..my basic point is what do u call it when u have a home someone forcefully comes and controls ur house and divides it into two? Is it legal or Illegal? you decide..

Last edited:
100% Correct my friend, spot on. And just think about it for a second, if we become allies with both Israel and the Arab Countries, It'll only be better for us. We will buy weapons from Israel, and Oil from the Arab States. I mean really, you think the Arabs have the gall to insult Pakistan if we recognize Israel? I think not.

Were it so easy to make both the Arabs and Israeli's happy !!!! :)

There is no shadow of a doubt that Israel MUST and NEEDS to stop expanding settlements which are growing on a daily basis completely Pushing the Palestinians towards a wall.... there is no question about this.. They MUST stop that expansion, Obama would definately have to put more pressure on Netanyahu

Israel-Palestine conflict is Israel-Atabian conflict

I think Pakistan should not involve it.

The problem is pan-Arabianism rather than pan-Islamism

So, Pakistan should regonize Israel.

Israel is like Pakistan, following World War II, the British withdrew from their mandate of Palestine, and Israel was born. In 1947, the British withdrew from British India, and Pakistan came into being. Both are ideological states. Both have large immigrant populations. The creation of both was initially rejected by organized religious lobbies while religious elements, in Israel as well as in Pakistan, are currently vying for political power. Israel was born in the midst of violence, so was Pakistan.

Israel does not recognize Pakistan. On January 22, 2004, Pakistani President-General Musharraf was in Davos. So was Shimon Peres. There was a random encounter between the two. Peres said, "Mr. President, there are so many rumors about the opening of relations between our countries." Musharraf smilingly confirmed the message.

"We are undertaking great efforts for this to happen," quipped Musharraf.

Pakistan does not recognize Israel. Here's why it should.

The United Nations has 191 members. Israel maintains diplomatic relations with 161 UN-member states through at least 75 resident embassies, 18 consulates, and five special missions. Pakistan has 78 diplomatic missions abroad.

The Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) has a total of 57 members. Of the 57, Albania, Azerbaijan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Comoros, Cote d'Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Oman, Surinam, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, and Uzbekistan have established diplomatic relations with Israel (some three years ago, Morocco, Oman, and Tunisia decided to suspend relations with Israel).
Israel has a total land mass of 20,330 sq.km., while the total length of Israel's borders with Egypt, the Gaza Strip, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and the West Bank stands at 1,017 km. (Pakistan has a land mass of 778,720 sq.km.). Israel's borders with Egypt and Jordan are 266 km. and 238 km., respectively.

The border between Egypt and Israel has been at peace for more than 24 years. In 1979, Egyptian president Anwar Sadat and prime minister Menachem Begin signed the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty (US president Jimmy Carter signed as a witness).

Under the treaty, Egypt and Israel agreed to "recognize and respect each other's right to live in peace within their secure and recognized boundaries (Article III)."

Israel's embassy in Cairo. Israel's consulate in Alexandria.

The border between Jordan and Israel has been at peace for more than 10 years. In 1993, Israel and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan officially ended their "state of war." On July 25, 1994, Jordan and Israel signed the Washington Declaration "terminating the state of belligerency between them." On October 26, 1994, King Hussein and Yitzhak Rabin agreed on the Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace under which "Peace is hereby established between the State of Israel and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (Article I).

" Under Article II, "The Parties will apply between them the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations and the principles of international law governing relations among states in times of peace. In particular: They recognize and will respect each other's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and political independence." Israel's embassy in Amman is located on Maysaloun Street.

On September 9, 1993, Israel and the PLO agreed to "recognize each other after 45 years of conflict." On September 10 of that year, prime minister Yitzhak Rabin signed documents recognizing the PLO. The same day, Yasser Arafat signed a letter "recognizing Israel and renouncing violence." Israel and the PLO have since signed the Declaration of Principles, the Cairo Agreement, also known as the Oslo Accords.

On December 8, 1999, president Bill Clinton announced that "prime minister Barak and president Assad have agreed that the Israel-Syrian peace negotiations will be resumed from the point that they were halted since January 1996." In Turkey, Israel's embassy in Ankara is located on Mahatma Ghandi 85. There also is a consulate in Istanbul located on Yapi Kredi Plaza Block, Levent. Qatar has an Israel Trade Representative Office on Ibn-Al-Buhaturi Street in Doha. Israel maintains an embassy in New Delhi, a consulate in Bombay, and an honorary consul in Calcutta. Israel also has an embassy in Beijing, a consulate in Hong Kong, and another one in Shanghai.

Israel achieved independence on May 14, 1948. Within a few days of its independence David Ben-Gurion, Israel's founding father, formally requested Pakistan's founding father Mohammad Ali Jinnah's recognition. Is Musharraf going to answer Ben-Gurion's request?
We are Islami Jamhooriya-i-Pakistan. They are Medinat Yisrael. Pakistan was to protect the political rights of Muslims of the subcontinent. Israel was to do the same for Jews. Jinnah and Ben-Gurion were both secular. Jinnah and Ben-Gurion did not want theocratic states. Israel and Pakistan have both been pro-West and pro-America. Israel and Pakistan have both faced threats to their territorial sovereignty. The respective armies continue to play important political roles.

On June 5, 2003, Dr. Oded Eran, Israel's ambassador to the EU, said "India recognizes Israel, but our relations with India should not be misconstrued as hostility towards Pakistan ." Israel, according to Dr. Eran, intends not to take sides in the dispute between India and Pakistan.

The Hashemites of Al Mamlakah al Urduniyah al Hashimiyah have settled with Israel (the Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace). Jumhuriyat Misr al-Arabiyah, Israel's immediate Arab neighbor, has signed the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty. Al Jumhuriyah al Arabiyah as Suriyah, Israel's other immediate Arab neighbor, has been in peace negotiations with Israel and has recently sought the renewal of such negotiations, reportedly without preconditions. Cairo is 264 miles from Jerusalem. Damascus is 136 miles from Jerusalem. Amman is 44 miles from Jerusalem. Cairo is at peace with Jerusalem. Damascus wants to talk to Jerusalem.

Islamabad is 2,198 miles away from Jerusalem. Why is Islamabad not at peace with Jerusalem?

PAN-ARABISM is DEAD!!! Now it only represents that class which is similar to our corrupt elite. JEWS, HINDUS can never be our friends & well wishers- We dont have to go beyond QURAN to know this.
The day PAKISTAN recognizes ISRAEL, it will be end of PAKISTAN's idealogy & the start of GREATER ISRAEL which is similar to KING SOLOMON's KINGDOM

PAN-ARABISM is DEAD!!! Now it only represents that class which is similar to our corrupt elite. JEWS, HINDUS can never be our friends & well wishers- We dont have to go beyond QURAN to know this.
The day PAKISTAN recognizes ISRAEL, it will be end of PAKISTAN's idealogy & the start of GREATER ISRAEL which is similar to KING SOLOMON's KINGDOM

What the hell are you smoking? Did you ever open a real text book in your life? Come up with real arguments and explain why such alliances are a threat to Pakistan's economic structure or its national security...

I have always maintained that Israel is a reality we have to accept. You cannot deny it's existence with arrogance. Instead of a jingoistic approach, we should mediate between the two parties to reach a reasonable agreement that is acceptable to the Palestinian people.

We must accept this reality and move on.

Last edited:
I have always maintained that Israel is a reality we have to accept. You cannot deny it's existence with arrogance.

We must accept this reality and move on.

I do want Pakistan to recognize Israel but they must stop expanding those Settlements at all costs.

What the hell are you smoking? Did you ever open a real text book in your life? Come up with real arguments and explain why such alliances are a threat to Pakistan's economic structure or its national security...

Which Textbooks? Only hearing assumptions here about the benefits & assumption is the mother of all fuckups. If my QURAN says that they can never be our friends, thats full & final. Dont believe in any formulas which involve selling your ownself.

I do want Pakistan to recognize Israel but they must stop expanding those Settlements at all costs.

I agree. But, belligerence would further aggravate the current situation. The best way to move forward in this regard is to seek a reasonable solution which is acceptable to both parties involved.

We must learn from the past and move on.

Back
Top Bottom