What's new

should pak army standerdize the M4 among regular troops

G3M is also lighter, shorter and has an upgraded gas operating system. Pakistan would like to retain the 7.62mm round. If we decide to replace almost a million rifles, they must offer a clear advantage over the existing rifle.

pof-g-3-m.jpg

Hi,

There is no advantge of replacing the G 3 .308 . The americans learnt that in afg---in the high mountains---the 5.56 round was not very effective---. Distances were farther than 300 yards between the valleys and the stopping power of the .308 was needed for opium and hashish smoking fighters

The only replacement should be Hecklar and Koch 417, or its Turkish variant.
id go for 416 but it has 5.56 ammo and Pak army loves 7.62 ammo.

M4 is suitable for Spc Ops units but not as an infantry rifle. The US Army has had trouble with these rifles in the field as well as with the 5.56mm round.

Pakistan should go for license production of HK-417A2 or FN-SCAR-H for the long term replacement of G-3 battle rifles as well as the MG-5 aka HK-121 to replace the old MG-3.

I agree.

is Pakistan looking to sell their old weapons with new M4s? I think USA should give away free of cost M-16s A1-A2-A3-A4s to Pakistan Police along with other guns and ammo.

Whatever weapon we go with, we should be able to manufacture it.

My answer is no, i will like improved AK-47 (AK-103, AK-12) rather then all modern rifle. AK is the " lord of war "

For the infantryman good old .303 is still workable.Bythat I mean, carry on with what you hold- even though the G3 is heavy.Spend your money on upgrades like: Sniper Rifles, Optics, Night Vision Goggles,ATGM.MANPAD, GPMG, Grenade Launcher, Body Armor, Communication sets, etc.

I suggest this one It's the Serbian zastava m21 has 3 variants this one can a good replacement for the m4 if not available and its for sure better than the G3 plus cheap and you can mass produce it localy.

m21-bs-bez-sine-i-rucice_0.png

puska-zastava_m21_bs_1.jpg

zastava_m21-1.jpg

Looks like a copy of the Galil rifle(Which is copy of Valmet M-62.)

My answer is no, i will like improved AK-47 (AK-103, AK-12) rather then all modern rifle. AK is the " lord of war "

That or Akm.

is Pakistan looking to sell their old weapons with new M4s? I think USA should give away free of cost M-16s A1-A2-A3-A4s to Pakistan Police along with other guns and ammo.

American Infantry weapons in Afghanistan are being given to the Afghans.

Unless you can entice an American Politician, forget about them.

Back
Top Bottom