What's new

Should Bhagat Singh and Udham Singh be respected by Pakistanis?

Should Bhagat Singh and Udham Singh be respected by pakistanis?

While they were fighting for the freedom of the entire sub-continent. But they were sikhs and probably would have been against the partition of sub-continent just like most hindus and sikhs.

Also sikhs and hindus killed around 500,000 to 1 million muslims in 1947. So honouring these sikhs as national heros and freedom fighters by pakistanis would be an insult to those million muslims who sacrificed their lives for Pakistan in 1947??

Of course they should be respected they were great freedom fighter of this land. Plus we also know they were non religious ppl and were not anti muslim.
Regarding killing of muslims, it was also done on our side too, so lets call it a draw rather than try to blame each other

Jab tak suraj chand rahega,bhagat singh tera naam rahega.
Bhagat singh is one of my greatest inspiration .

We have great respect for all freedom fighters including those fighting for freedom of kashmir/Palestine:D

On serious note freedom fighters is very vague concept. If someone want freedom from our country/nation then they will be terrorist or traitor for us but if its us taking it from others through terror or non political means then it will become bravery and legal right thing..

Bhagat Singh was born at Chak No. 105, GB, Jaranwala Tehsil in theLyallpur (Faisabad) district. He was thus a son of the soil.

Bhagat Singh was a Freedom fighter. He was not for the freedom of Sikhs or Hindus but for the freedom of all of the subcontinent which included the Muslims. Like freedom fighters of the 1857 war of independence; in my humble opinion, Pakistanis should be gracious enough to honour Bhagat Singh regardless of his religion.

However with country’s march towards bigotry after the extreme narrow-mindedness of the Zia era, I don’t think it is likely to happen.

Interesting thread!

Bhagat singh was a terrorist and udham singh was a murderer. Both were scum

Back
Top Bottom