What's new

'Shots fired' in Munich shopping centre, Multiple deaths reported at shooting in Munich shopping mal

It's the same cycle repeating again and again and again.
Bombing of innocent civilians by the west in the Middle East.Criminal silence on that.
And then these violent reactions by the so called Islamic state.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-36870986

18:33

Staff in the shopping centre are still hiding inside, an employee told Reuters news agency by telephone.

"Many shots were fired, I can't say how many but it's been a lot," the employee, who declined to be identified, said from the shopping centre.

"All the people from outside came streaming into the store and I only saw one person on the ground who was so severely injured that he definitely didn't survive.

"We have no further information, we're just staying in the back in the storage rooms. No police have approached us yet."

'More than one attacker'
Posted at18:30
Police say they believe they are dealing with more than one attacker.

And a police spokeswoman told Reuters: "We believe we are dealing with a shooting rampage"

Eyewitness view from the scene
Posted at18:26
Eckard Kwerner, a reporter with German television, is close to the scene and described what he saw:

The shopping centre has been cordoned off. Police are everywhere, it's a massive police presence. They're wearing bullet proof vests, automatic weapons, helmets. There's a helicopter hovering above the area. We have seen tweets of scared people fleeing. There are reports of several dead but I can't confirm that.

'Second shooting in Munich'
Posted at18:24
A German N-tv reporter in Munich says there are also reports of shots being fired at the Stachus, also known as Karlsplatz, a large square in central Munich, about 5km (three miles) from the OEZ shopping centre.

The newspaper Die Welt also reports a second shooting.

There are no more details yet.

BREAKING"Several deaths" in Munich shopping centre shooting
Posted at18:23
"Several deaths" in Munich shopping centre shooting - police tell German media

Map of the scene
Posted at18:19
Here's a view of the area where the shooting has taken place:

Transport halted across the city
Munich transportation authorities say they have stopped services on multiple train, tram and bus lines following the shooting.

Police asking people to stay indoors
Munich police tell people to avoid the area around the shopping centre, to stay indoors, to leave the streets.

Follow
Polizei München @PolizeiMuenchen

+++ACHTUNG+++ Meiden Sie die Umgebung um das #OEZ - Bleiben Sie in Ihren Wohnungen. Verlassen Sie die Straße!+++

'Police operation still ongoing'
Posted at18:18
ARD reporter Richard Gutjahr is close to the scene and says there are police helicopters in the air and many officers with semi-automatic weapons are turning up.

"The shopping centre is completely cleared. The operation is still ongoing"

Mr Gutjahr added a photograph of armed police officers outside the Olympia shopping centre.

Locals have been posting images on social media
Posted at18:06
This tweet reads: "Shots at the Olympia shopping centre. Police in bullet-proof jackets seal off the area."

What we know so far about the incident
Posted at18:05
Shots have been fired at a shopping centre in Munich. Here's what we know so far:

• Reports say the area around the shopping centre in the district of Moosach has been sealed off, but details of the incident are sketchy.
  • A major police operation is under way.
  • Several people have been killed, the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper quotes police as saying.

Big operation underway at Olympia shopping centre in Munich - police
Posted at17:59
A tweet from local police reads: "At the moment we have a large police operation at the Olympia shopping centre. Please avoid the area around the centre."

Where is common sense of people these days? :tsk: :cuckoo:
What innocent people of any country have to with anything for that people are shooting them.

Justification for attack coming . . ..already.

Call it whatever you want but violence breeds nothing but violence.
I won't shed any crocodile tears on deaths in the west when I'm perfectly fine with the massacares due to airstrikes in the middle east.
I simply can't have selective sympathy for humanity.

Condolences to Germans of all faith who may haev been effected the criminals should be treated with iron fist

Show me only one f... bomb with a bundeswehr insignia?!?

@Devil Soul The police plead to stop uploading pictures and videos until the end, it only help the bastards.

Condolences to the German people. Merkel has to go.

This is happening little too frequently...

RIP to dead... my condolences with proud german nation

Back
Top Bottom