What's new

Short story with deep lessons

It represents what was and what could be, otherwise its supposed purpose is open for interpretation, complete story is whatever you get out of it. My mate says it has a happy ending. What do you think?

Well let's analyze it.

Poor guy in a poor family. Not enough money to sustain himself or his dad.

Guy walks out for interview.

In the bus he meets a lady who is mysterious and he feels attracted to her, could be a metaphor for lady luck. Or could be his consciousness playing tricks on him, it could symbolise his own condition. A poor fellow trying to desperately to break out.

In the interview he says nothing extraordinary ever happens to him but he unexpectedly gets a job.

He gets killed in accident.

The only "happy ending" here could be that he managed to escape his poverty.

Well let's analyze it.

Poor guy in a poor family. Not enough money to sustain himself or his dad.

Guy walks out for interview.

In the bus he meets a lady who is mysterious and he feels attracted to her, could be a metaphor for lady luck. Or could be his consciousness playing tricks on him, it could symbolise his own condition. A poor fellow trying to desperately to break out.

In the interview he says nothing extraordinary ever happens to him but he unexpectedly gets a job.

He gets killed in accident.

The only "happy ending" here could be that he managed to escape his poverty.
The thing which made the man happy was if he had something to look forward to and in the end he had a plethora of such things ,so the logic of a happy ending as he died on a high note. Also two extraordinary things happened him getting a job and than dying unexpectedly , so the other message was that the universe tends to create a balance and evens things out.

The thing which made the man happy was if he had something to look forward to and in the end he had a plethora of such things ,so the logic of a happy ending as he died on a high note. Also two extraordinary things happened him getting a job and than dying unexpectedly , so the other message was that the universe tends to create a balance and evens things out.

Yea, he died almost instantly. Universe creates a balance, loved that line.

It would have been a truly happy ending if he was alone, his father is there so.....

Yea, he died almost instantly. Universe creates a balance, loved that line.

It would have been a truly happy ending if he was alone, his father is there so.....
Yeah that is a bummer , i suppose complete fullfilment is never there in life and thats how it was meant to be, there always are loose ends.

Yeah that is a bummer , i suppose complete fullfilment is never there in life and thats how it was meant to be, there always are loose ends.

but an amazing story. I like stories with lots of metaphors, symbols and open-interpretations. Stories that make you sit and think. Great writing.

Omg omg !!!!! You are so horrible, simply hate the ending.
Whyu had to kill him. Why would u do dat and in such brutal manner and words.
Dont we already have enough negativity and pain in this world. I have never recovered from Aps.
Why woudl we write such sad endings. What good will it serve in these days of despair and semi despondency. Why cant it be something with positive ending,not necessarily finding his love of life like here the girl who gets out of some shop. It could be on any any other positive bright note.

Omg omg !!!!! You are so horrible, simply hate the ending.
Whyu had to kill him. Why would u do dat and in such brutal manner and words.
Dont we already have enough negativity and pain in this world. I have never recovered from Aps.
Why woudl we write such sad endings. What good will it serve in these days of despair and semi despondency. Why cant it be something with positive ending,not necessarily finding his love of life like here the girl who gets out of some shop. It could be on any any other positive bright note.

Its a happy ending. You need to think a little.

Arghhhh no thats no reasoning for me.
Happy ,that he could have been with a successful career and a beautiful family in his life and also by giving back to society, altruism etc.
Khair.

Life rarely works out the way you plan.

Arghhhh no thats no reasoning for me.
Happy ,that he could have been with a successful career and a beautiful family in his life and also by giving back to society, altruism etc.
Khair.
There are other things in the story beside him dying , he most probably will lead an ordinary life and will run out of things to look forward to so he died at a high note its not perfect but still better than many people, there also comes a point in life where you start looking forward to death so dying is not sad its a reality which will happen to everyone

Life rarely works out the way you plan.
okay.

There are other things in the story beside him dying , he most probably will lead an ordinary life and will run out of things to look forward to so he died at a high note its not perfect but still better than many people, there also comes a point in life where you start looking forward to death so dying is not sad its a reality which will happen to everyone
okay.

Back
Top Bottom