What's new

Shiv Kumar batalvi a true son of punjab

SecularNationalist

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hindu by birth,born in Sialkot Punjab later migrated to indian Punjab. But by heart a true Punjabi.
Some narrow minded Hindu bigots in India deleted all his interviews and burnt his books because he talked sense through his poetry and portrayed a secular Punjabi image rather than a staunch Hindu ideology. This is the only video available of this gem.
@SIPRA you are into Punjabi poetry so I think this thread is very relevant to you.

Hindu by birth,born in Sialkot Punjab later migrated to indian Punjab. But by heart a true Punjabi.
Some narrow minded Hindu bigots in India deleted all his interviews and burnt his books because he talked sense through his poetry and portrayed a secular Punjabi image rather than a staunch Hindu ideology. This is the only video available of this gem.
@SIPRA you are into Punjabi poetry so I think this thread is very relevant to you.

I have not read his poetry much; but he was reputed to be a good Punjabi poet.

I have a limited understanding of Punjabi, but it is enough to appreciate his work. And, I love his style of talking, communicating, May his soul Rest in Peace.

Sialkot has produced so many great poets, it's a lucky city.

I know be wrote Ustad Fateh Ali Khans epic

Mae ni Mae

I have not read his poetry much; but he was reputed to be a good Punjabi poet.
He is the man behind many great Pakistani singers and Punjabi qawals . They sang his poetry but sadly few people know about him.
Regardless of any religion or nationality a credit should be given where it's due.

Back
Top Bottom