What's new

“Shanghaiing” Dhaka

Right, Govt. need to build outer bypass road around Dhaka so that people don't have to enter within Dhaka city to go from Chittagong to Rajshahi or Rangpur or vice versa.Due to central location of Dhaka, and position of Jamuna bridge, it is almost imposible to avoid Dhaka while going from Chittagong to north Bengal.So bypass road will help.
Going Khulna is slightly different, There is a direct road connecting Chittagong with Khulna through Chandpur-Faridpur but it's condition is not good at all.See this video.

I believe the route is not used for longer travelling like that between Chittagong and Khulna, may be only for regional cities like Chandpur and Shariatpur. Plus, you have to take a ferry in the middle of the route as there's no bridge over the southern part of Meghna. As far as I know, the only route used to travel from Chittagong to Khulna is via Dhaka.

Travel through roads may ease after the construction of the elevated expressways which would allow us to bypass the main Dhaka city but I think more than roads, we need to establish rail connectivity among these cities. This is a costly affair, but as a starter, I think we can start some direct trains between say Chittagong and Rajshahi on the existing tracks, if possible. Currently, there is none.

Back
Top Bottom