What's new

Featured Shallow Water Submarines - The case for Pakistan

@Bilal Khan 777
Dear sir, you described it so well. So no need to add something to your analysis but i want to give you information about other projects in Iran.
IRGC has developed a UUV that is Second largest in its class according to @Philosopher in this thread. https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iran...ncrewed-underwater-vehicle-elite-club.669025/
3464411.jpg

We could share the technology with Pakistan. These beast can sink every ship that India has among its Current inventory and their naval assets.
This UUV will make a naval blockade on Pakistan or Iran an impossible contingency.

The other project under Development is Besat submarine a 1300 ton beast. Capable of having VLS cruise missile. This One will Fill the gap between Fateh class and the Russian Kilo class subs.

Is there any chance to cooperate with Pakistan navy in this case or youd prefer Chinese ones? Given the fact that China has been producing subs for years now.

Such Unmanned submarines and the 600 Ton Fateh class submarines could be a great solution for our Pakistani friends.

Such Unmanned submarines and the 600 Ton Fateh class submarines could be a great solution for our Pakistani friends.

My friend, with all due respect, we don't seem to have a procurement path or precedent to entertain Iran's military products in our country, yet.

Last edited:
My friend, with all due respect, we don't seem to have a procurement path or precent to entertain Iran's military products in our country, yet.

I understand my friend, I was talking more in the sense of the "class" of systems rather than getting those particular systems from Iran. I believe Pakistan can produce such systems by itself, and should it need any help, our Chinese friends can deliver that.

I understand my friend, I was talking more in the sense of the "class" of systems rather than getting those particular systems from Iran. I believe Pakistan can produce such systems by itself, and should it need any help, our Chinese friends can deliver that.

Absolutely, I believe Fateh class is the way to go and a good example of what PN may consider. However, I am not a big fan of small midgets or UUVs. Maybe because i am an old fighter pilot...

Last edited:
I concur.....the PN is going forward, very strongly and will be unrecognisable in a decade or two.
Absolutely, I believe Fateh class is the way to go and a good example of what PN may consider. However, I am not a big fan of small budgets or UUVs. Maybe because i am an old fighter pilot...

Sir, what is your opinion regarding the new midget sub revealed recently ?

This is a submarine related thread.
Just a humble mans wish.

PN Mystery sub can be seen in the background, covered.

IMG_20200716_115827.png

The only thing I want to see PN own in its inventory is a full fledge air wing armed with fighters.
I believe PAF will continue to perform such duties on PN behalf and there is no scope for PN to raise a dedicated fighter fleet of its own, atleast in near future. But yes, there is possibility we see something 'out of box' in coming months.

PN Mystery sub can be seen in the background, covered.

View attachment 651473

I believe PAF will continue to perform such duties on PN behalf and there is no scope for PN to raise a dedicated fighter fleet of its own, atleast in near future. But yes, there is possibility we see something 'out of box' in coming months.

All we see is a fishing boat with covers on it, due to monsoon season.

It’s not a white paper or discussion that is mostly in house pre project launch. NHQ has a formal NSR for this project defining exactly what they need in such a platform. Currently the DSMO or Directorate of Submarine Ops is in its head with the Agosta MLU with Turks and the Chinese Hangoor Project. As soon as that and the funding issues are resolved you will see progress towards SWATS.

The participants of the project are highly classified and cannot be revealed in an open forum infested with God knows who and from where.

Thanks. When is the Agosta MLU completing? How long will the Hangor project go?

Back
Top Bottom