What's new

Shah Mehmood to form PPP Shaheed Benazir Group

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Good sensible move. Although I still think he dropped the ball in not joining PTI.

Shah Mehmood to form PPP Shaheed Benazir Group

KARACHI: The estranged leader of the Pakistan People’s Party and former foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has decided in principle to say goodbye to the PPP and establish the People’s Party Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Group.

According to reliable sources, he is likely to announce his own party by March 23 this year.

It is learnt that Qureshi has already contacted Sindh Minister Nadir Magsi and his brother Amir Magsi and Younus Hyder Soomro in Shikarpur. He is due in Sukkur today (Sunday) for a meeting with a leading political personality Syed Kazim Ali Shah and will address an important press conference on Monday.

During his Sindh tour he would visit the grave of martyred Benazir Bhutto.

It may be recalled that Shah Mehmood Qureshi’s differences with the PPP emerged over the issue of immunity to American citizen, Raymond Davis, who shot dead two Pakistanis in Lahore.

Qureshi refused to bow to the pressure being exerted on him by both the PPP-led government and the United States. It was due to his refusal to give immunity to Davis that he received extraordinary popularity among the masses and his stand was highly appreciated.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi is highly qualified person who besides attending institutes of fame in the country also obtained degrees from abroad.

He is the custodian of the well-respected Makhdoom family of Multan and has a vast range of followers counted in hundreds of thousands and spreading from Multan to the interior of Sindh.

According to the sources, so far he has no contact with Dr Safdar Abbasi and Naheed Khan.

It is understood that Qureshi enjoys support of several PPP veterans including former PPP information secretary Qayyum Nizami, former minister of state Mukhtar Awan (Multan), Agha Riazul Islam (Rawalpindi) and many other PPP leaders. However, their names are not being exposed for political reasons.

Though the PPP leadership could not take any action against Shah Mehmood Qureshi so far, it is keeping a close watch on his activities.

ahh another PPP party

why don't he join the pre-established branches of PPP who are against the Zardari regime but belongs to the same tree.

He still might, this move will bring him to the limelight and if he has like Naheed Akhtar, Safdar Abbassi, Amin Fahim, Shireen Rehman under his umbrella his value would go up and can be approached by bigger parties.

He still might, this move will bring him to the limelight and if he has like Naheed Akhtar, Safdar Abbassi, Amin Fahim, Shireen Rehman under his umbrella his value would go up and can be approached by bigger parties.
Well said,

If Amin Fahim and Naheed Akhtar joins him and jointly establish a new PPP party... Zardari's party would bite the dust soon

If Fatima Bhutto backs this party by giving him a moral support. Billawal would not even find a chair for CM. Game over for Zardari

Bloody hell. One after another Pharaon party is being formed in Pakistan. Just distribute daal chaval and announce in the public that if i become the leader of this country i will turn pakistan into world super power. and see how sheep start voting.
I swear, If pakistan breaks god for bids Pakistani awam and Politicians will be solely responsible.

Bloody hell. One after another Pharaon party is being formed in Pakistan. Just distribute daal chaval and announce in the public that if i become the leader of this country i will turn pakistan into world super power. and see how sheep start voting.
I swear, If pakistan breaks god for bids Pakistani awam
and Politicians will be solely responsible.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Ah sooo typical of subcontinental politics. :hitwall:

btw, i don't like these parties at all but political situation of Pakistan demand this change.
I think people must have to join it & support it. This is need of time. It is good sign.

btw, i don't like these parties at all but political situation of Pakistan demand this change.
I think people must have to join it & support it. This is need of time. It is good sign.

When the Messenger of Allah heard that the people of Persia had appointed the daughter of Chosroes (Kisra), he said: “People who appoint a women as their leader will never succeed.”

The reason why Pakistan is in such a mess is because they have divorced from the real teaching of Islam and now are fallowing mixture of culture Islam/sects and think praying 5 times a day and reading Quran once in a while is a perfect form of Islam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom