What's new

Sexual Harassment in Indian Army

(Sad for Indians that) Pakistan is not in the top 5 in this list.

NOT EVEN IN TOP 50 :pakistan:

india population is 1.18 billion and 15468 rape, world most develop country usa population is approx. 350 million and 95200 rape so which one is better.

From the summer of 2007 to late 2009, more than 5,500 people were killed in suicide and other attacks on civilians in pakistan
Terrorism in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mod came deleted some posts.
Declared that this thread is for Indian Army Harrasments nothing else.

Now after some time new bunch of indian trollers came and started to do the same thing again.
The topic is already derailed again.
Now tell whats the point of the MOD if no body listens to him.
Standard and on topic discussions are rarely seen on this forum any more.

MOD kisi ko der hi nai lagta ab Ban ya Suspension ka.
Kun?

After clearly warning everyone about the thread derailment you folks have still continued on with your tirade against the quality of this forum. This forum doesn't need you.

Multiple bans handed out for ignoring our warnings. On topic and nothing else.

Acutally, Asim, the thread is derailed by the Indian media & gov at first then the Indian contributors. Reason? No more developments in General Nanda's Suxual Harrasment details are allowed in the press. So we are unable to learn about the developments and thus unable to keep the discusion going on.

Therefore, i shall suggest you to close the thread, in order to stop non-relavant discussion.

Did anyone heard about this story? The Indian airforce officer sent back from Israel on child molestation charge

New Delhi In the first such case involving personnel from the Indian Air Force (IAF), a non-commissioned officer working at the Indian Embassy was repatriated from Israel after he was charged with attempting to molest a six-year-old child in Tel Aviv.

The shocking incident, which took place in August last year but has come to light only recently, involved a Junior Warrant Officer (JWO) of the Air Force who was posted in the Defence Attaché’s office. The JWO has since left service as he was denied an extension by the Air Force.

Sources say the official was charged with the attempt to molest after the parents of the child lodged a complaint with the police. The official was arrested and then handed over to Indian Embassy officials.

While the Air Force official denied the charges, saying that he was just displaying affection to the child, he was expelled from the country on the insistence of the Israeli authorities.

After he returned to India, his plea for an extension of service was also turned down by the Air Force due to the ‘blemish’ in his career record. IAF officials say the charges of attempt to molest were not proven and no penal action was taken against the JWO. While IAF has refused to comment on the issue, Israeli officials have confirmed that the incident took place last year.

This is the first time that an official from the IAF has been charged with attempting to abuse a child during a foreign posting. In the past, soldiers from the Indian Army posted at a peacekeeping mission in Congo have been investigated and found guilty for child abuse by the United Nations.

A UN report revealed last year indicted Indian Peacekeepers posted in Congo for child abuse and paying minor Congolese girls in North Kivu for sex in 2007 and earlier this year.

IAF official sent back from Israel on child molestation charge - Express India

The source is India's own newspaper and not any stupid anti-indian and radical pakistani newspaper, blog or a website :sniper:

Did anyone heard about this story? The Indian airforce officer sent back from Israel on child molestation charge

New Delhi In the first such case involving personnel from the Indian Air Force (IAF), a non-commissioned officer working at the Indian Embassy was repatriated from Israel after he was charged with attempting to molest a six-year-old child in Tel Aviv.

The shocking incident, which took place in August last year but has come to light only recently, involved a Junior Warrant Officer (JWO) of the Air Force who was posted in the Defence Attaché’s office. The JWO has since left service as he was denied an extension by the Air Force.

Sources say the official was charged with the attempt to molest after the parents of the child lodged a complaint with the police. The official was arrested and then handed over to Indian Embassy officials.

While the Air Force official denied the charges, saying that he was just displaying affection to the child, he was expelled from the country on the insistence of the Israeli authorities.

After he returned to India, his plea for an extension of service was also turned down by the Air Force due to the ‘blemish’ in his career record. IAF officials say the charges of attempt to molest were not proven and no penal action was taken against the JWO. While IAF has refused to comment on the issue, Israeli officials have confirmed that the incident took place last year.

This is the first time that an official from the IAF has been charged with attempting to abuse a child during a foreign posting. In the past, soldiers from the Indian Army posted at a peacekeeping mission in Congo have been investigated and found guilty for child abuse by the United Nations.

A UN report revealed last year indicted Indian Peacekeepers posted in Congo for child abuse and paying minor Congolese girls in North Kivu for sex in 2007 and earlier this year.

IAF official sent back from Israel on child molestation charge - Express India

The source is India's own newspaper and not any stupid anti-indian and radical pakistani newspaper, blog or a website :sniper:

Though the incident might be true, I must say that child molestation laws and its applicability is quite different in many countries. This is mainly due to a difference in societies. In Canada, pedophilia and child molestation laws are so strict that carrying partly naked pics of your infant could land you in trouble. Folks coming from India are asked to remove any such pics by relatives. I also remember an incident where an Indian sailor was accused of kidnapping and molestation of a 7 year old in japan. It was later found out that the kid was lost in a mall and the sailor took him to an ice-cream parlor to calm him down.

Again, I am not saying the guy isn't guilty. If he is, he needs to be punished. But you'hv again shown a lack of maturity by taking a cheap shot at the Indian Army.

This is the most relevant thread i could find...feeling encouraged by common citizens of raping women in India as a norm, the Indian Army Officers, and Soldiers are into this malpractices at the highest rates of occurrences. Its a shame to Indian Armed Forces indulging in desperate acts in the largest democracy, digital India...they could easily go on to digital india internet for self-satisfaction...Shame and disgusting!!

Sexual harassment at Indian defence establishments

By Rakesh Shukla

If a woman employed in the defence services files sexual harassment charges at the workplace, she is likely to be further harassed by the initiation of disciplinary proceedings against her, as the recent case of the principal of Army Public School demonstrates

The instances of sexual harassment at the workplace in the army and airforce that have surfaced in the public domain have resulted in the woman complainant being further harassed by the initiation of disciplinary proceedings against her. The woman is charged with various counts of professional misconduct and is eventually dismissed from service. Or, the level of harassment increases until she is forced to quit her job.

Some prominent case of sexual abuse towards women in Indian Armed Forces

Case 1 ( J & K):

In one well-publicized case, in May 1990 a young bride, Mubina Gani, was detained and raped by BSF soldiers while she was traveling from the wedding to her husband's home. Her aunt was also raped. The
security forces had also fired on the party, killing one man and wounding several others. The government claimed that the party had been caught in "cross-fire." After the incident was publicized in the local and international press, Indian authorities ordered the police to conduct an inquiry. Although the inquiry concluded that the women had been raped, the security forces were never prosecuted.

Case 2 ( J & K):

In July 1990, police in Sopore registered a case against the BSF for the rape of Hasina, a 24-year-old woman from Jamir Qadeem, on June 26, 1990. According to doctors at the Subdistrict Hospital in Sopore,
the BSF had entered the neighborhood at about 11:00 p.m. after an exchange of cross-fire had taken place between their forces and some militant groups. The BSF had then conducted a search of the neighborhood. The doctors stated that when Hasina was brought to the hospital she had vaginal bleeding. The medical superintendent's report also recorded bite marks on her face, chest and breasts and scratches on her face, chest and legs, and injuries to her genital area. A police reportfiled on July 5, 1990, charged members of the BSF with rape. However, to Asia Watch/PHR's knowledge, they have yet to investigate the case.

Case 3: (Kunan Poshpora incident, J & K)
(very famous and infamous)

The reported rape on February 23, 1991, of women from the village of Kunan Poshpora by army soldiers of the Fourth Rajputana Rifles became the focus of a government campaign to acquit the army of charges of human rights violations.
The rapes allegedly occurred during a search operation in the village conducted by the army unit. The village headman and other village leaders claimed that they reported the rapes to army officials on February 27, and that the officials denied the charges and took no further action.

Case 4: (Rape in Shopian, J & K))

On the night of October 10, 1992, an army unit of the 22nd Grenadier sentered the village of Chak Saidapora, about four kilometers south of the town of Shopian, district Pulwama, on a search operation for suspected militants. During the operation, at least six and probably nine women, including an eleven-year old girl and a 60-year old woman, were gang-raped by several of the army soldiers.

statement of victim:

The first soldier slapped me and then pushed me to the ground where I fell on a wooden stake and hurt my back. Both of the soldiers raped me. At some point I fainted, and when I regained consciousness, I discovered that my husband had placed a blanket over me.

Case 5: (Rape in Haran, J & K))

The incident occurred on July 20, 1992, during an army search operation nearthe town of Haran, approximately 25 kilometers west of Srinagar. Asia Watch and PHRinterviewed J., a resident of Haran,
who stated that at about 6:30 a.m., five soldiers came into the courtyard and ordered her to give them some water. Two of the soldiers then dragged her into her room and then one of them removed her clothes while the other stood at the door.

Case 6: (Rape in Gurihakhar, J & K)

a resident of Gurihakhar, testified that on October 1 at about noon, she was in her home with her sister-in-law and mother-in-law, when security forces cameto the house. One stayed outside while the other came inside the room where she was with her child.

She told PHR/Asia Watch,He put his gun to the baby and told me to put him aside. I refused, and he beat me with the
gun butt on my back and covered my mouth with his hand. Then he forced me to the floor
and took off my clothes and raped me. Then we heard a gunshot outside and he left.

Case 7 (North East):

As has happened in the infamous case of Thangjam Manorama, who was picked up by jawans of the Assam Rifles on suspicion of being a militant in Manipur in 2004. Manorama’s body was found later –— raped and riddled with bullets. The unspeakable brutality of the crime led a group of Manipuri women to shed their clothes in protest. The case was re-opened in 2010 but there have been no convictions so far. This despite the fact that a retired judge who headed the enquiry into the incident found 12 incidents of excesses by troops.

Case 8 (Manipur):

The rape of Miss Rose in 1974 and her subsequent suicide rocked the state. She was a Tangkhul girl allegedly raped by an Indian paramilitary officer. But the case was lost in the myriad jungle of special laws.

Case 9 (Manipur):

One such rape case, which is unique in itself, is that of Mrs. Ahanjaobi of Takyel Khongban, Imphal. In 1996, she was raped by two Indian army personnel in front of her disabled 12 year old son. Overcome by a sense of humiliation, grief and desperation, she came out in public

Case 10 ( J & K):

news from Indian today :

Violent protests erupted in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday after a 30-year-old woman alleged that she was raped by two unidentified army personnel.

there are many more who go unreported. It personally disappoints me that some army persons use their power in the wrong way. Most of the times army persons are saved by AFSPA. Indian government generally sees this as collateral damage.

Sources:

Complied and Credits : Asian Union

This is the most relevant thread i could find...feeling encouraged by common citizens of raping women in India as a norm, the Indian Army Officers, and Soldiers are into this malpractices at the highest rates of occurrences. Its a shame to Indian Armed Forces indulging in desperate acts in the largest democracy, digital India...they could easily go on to digital india internet for self-satisfaction...Shame and disgusting!!

Sexual harassment at Indian defence establishments

By Rakesh Shukla

If a woman employed in the defence services files sexual harassment charges at the workplace, she is likely to be further harassed by the initiation of disciplinary proceedings against her, as the recent case of the principal of Army Public School demonstrates

The instances of sexual harassment at the workplace in the army and airforce that have surfaced in the public domain have resulted in the woman complainant being further harassed by the initiation of disciplinary proceedings against her. The woman is charged with various counts of professional misconduct and is eventually dismissed from service. Or, the level of harassment increases until she is forced to quit her job.

Some prominent case of sexual abuse towards women in Indian Armed Forces

Case 1 ( J & K):

In one well-publicized case, in May 1990 a young bride, Mubina Gani, was detained and raped by BSF soldiers while she was traveling from the wedding to her husband's home. Her aunt was also raped. The
security forces had also fired on the party, killing one man and wounding several others. The government claimed that the party had been caught in "cross-fire." After the incident was publicized in the local and international press, Indian authorities ordered the police to conduct an inquiry. Although the inquiry concluded that the women had been raped, the security forces were never prosecuted.

Case 2 ( J & K):

In July 1990, police in Sopore registered a case against the BSF for the rape of Hasina, a 24-year-old woman from Jamir Qadeem, on June 26, 1990. According to doctors at the Subdistrict Hospital in Sopore,
the BSF had entered the neighborhood at about 11:00 p.m. after an exchange of cross-fire had taken place between their forces and some militant groups. The BSF had then conducted a search of the neighborhood. The doctors stated that when Hasina was brought to the hospital she had vaginal bleeding. The medical superintendent's report also recorded bite marks on her face, chest and breasts and scratches on her face, chest and legs, and injuries to her genital area. A police reportfiled on July 5, 1990, charged members of the BSF with rape. However, to Asia Watch/PHR's knowledge, they have yet to investigate the case.

Case 3: (Kunan Poshpora incident, J & K)
(very famous and infamous)

The reported rape on February 23, 1991, of women from the village of Kunan Poshpora by army soldiers of the Fourth Rajputana Rifles became the focus of a government campaign to acquit the army of charges of human rights violations.
The rapes allegedly occurred during a search operation in the village conducted by the army unit. The village headman and other village leaders claimed that they reported the rapes to army officials on February 27, and that the officials denied the charges and took no further action.

Case 4: (Rape in Shopian, J & K))

On the night of October 10, 1992, an army unit of the 22nd Grenadier sentered the village of Chak Saidapora, about four kilometers south of the town of Shopian, district Pulwama, on a search operation for suspected militants. During the operation, at least six and probably nine women, including an eleven-year old girl and a 60-year old woman, were gang-raped by several of the army soldiers.

statement of victim:

The first soldier slapped me and then pushed me to the ground where I fell on a wooden stake and hurt my back. Both of the soldiers raped me. At some point I fainted, and when I regained consciousness, I discovered that my husband had placed a blanket over me.

Case 5: (Rape in Haran, J & K))

The incident occurred on July 20, 1992, during an army search operation nearthe town of Haran, approximately 25 kilometers west of Srinagar. Asia Watch and PHRinterviewed J., a resident of Haran,
who stated that at about 6:30 a.m., five soldiers came into the courtyard and ordered her to give them some water. Two of the soldiers then dragged her into her room and then one of them removed her clothes while the other stood at the door.

Case 6: (Rape in Gurihakhar, J & K)

a resident of Gurihakhar, testified that on October 1 at about noon, she was in her home with her sister-in-law and mother-in-law, when security forces cameto the house. One stayed outside while the other came inside the room where she was with her child.

She told PHR/Asia Watch,He put his gun to the baby and told me to put him aside. I refused, and he beat me with the
gun butt on my back and covered my mouth with his hand. Then he forced me to the floor
and took off my clothes and raped me. Then we heard a gunshot outside and he left.

Case 7 (North East):

As has happened in the infamous case of Thangjam Manorama, who was picked up by jawans of the Assam Rifles on suspicion of being a militant in Manipur in 2004. Manorama’s body was found later –— raped and riddled with bullets. The unspeakable brutality of the crime led a group of Manipuri women to shed their clothes in protest. The case was re-opened in 2010 but there have been no convictions so far. This despite the fact that a retired judge who headed the enquiry into the incident found 12 incidents of excesses by troops.

Case 8 (Manipur):

The rape of Miss Rose in 1974 and her subsequent suicide rocked the state. She was a Tangkhul girl allegedly raped by an Indian paramilitary officer. But the case was lost in the myriad jungle of special laws.

Case 9 (Manipur):

One such rape case, which is unique in itself, is that of Mrs. Ahanjaobi of Takyel Khongban, Imphal. In 1996, she was raped by two Indian army personnel in front of her disabled 12 year old son. Overcome by a sense of humiliation, grief and desperation, she came out in public

Case 10 ( J & K):

news from Indian today :

Violent protests erupted in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday after a 30-year-old woman alleged that she was raped by two unidentified army personnel.

there are many more who go unreported. It personally disappoints me that some army persons use their power in the wrong way. Most of the times army persons are saved by AFSPA. Indian government generally sees this as collateral damage.

Sources:

Complied and Credits : Asian Union

It seems you have given life to a dead thread.....

This entire thread was about sexual harassment in Indian army not sexual harassment by Indian army....

Back
Top Bottom