What's new

Sexual Harassment in Indian Army

Molestation charge untrue: A K Nanda's wife

New Delhi: The wife of an Indian Army Lieutenant General accused of molestation has described the charge as "not true" and says her husband "is a highly disciplined officer with a high moral character".

"I would like to clarify that all this is not true. I vouch 100 percent for the character of my husband," Neerja Nanda told reporters after reports began circulating that a molestation charge had been made against her husband, Lt Gen AK Nanda, the army's engineer-in-chief.

"He is a highly disciplined officer with a high moral character. No such incident ever happened. I would rather say that the army conduct its inquiry and the truth will prevail," Neerja Nanda said.

She also pointed out that she had accompanied her husband to Israel May 7-10 when the incident is alleged to have happened.

The Indian Army is probing the molestation charge, a senior officer said Thursday, adding that certain "loopholes" had been found in it but strict action would be taken against Nanda if this was found to be true.

The complaint had been filed by the wife of the Nanda's technical secretary, the officer said.

"The (Indian Army) chief won't tolerate such behaviour and if it is found to be true, action will be taken," the officer told IANS on condition of anonymity.

Nanda has not put in his papers and continues to the engineer-in-chief "as of now", he said.

Nanda, who has about a year of service left, has also served as the director general of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).

The complaint had been lodged with Bharti Singh, the wife of Indian Army chief Gen. V K Singh, who had passed it on to her husband. Bharti Singh heads the Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA).

The technical secretary is now posted in Bhopal.

Molestation charge untrue: A K Nanda's wife - India - ibnlive

Last edited:
sexual harassment is big problem in army,not only army every field where man and woman are working together. but we can't do any thing for that. even usa army is also suffering by this problem but they unable to solve it.

sexual harassment is big problem in army,not only army every field where man and woman are working together. but we can't do any thing for that. even usa army is also suffering by this problem but they unable to solve it.

Yes, , but you can not use the example of US army. As US army had rarely reported any rape incident, where a general equal to Gen. Nanda had ever found in raping a wife of junior army officer. Am I right?

Secondly, the sexual harrasment is a big issue in India, we know, in all fields of life. But, once again, what if a General found involved in such activities? Indians are used to hear of sexual harrasment in the hands of Top Indian politicians, but the social values are declining fast and driving you to the age where there will be no difference left between a human biend and an animal.

Gen. Nanda may be the first example but he will not be the last.

ARMY IMAGE TARNISHED | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-06-08

The Army was believed to be an institution which could not be corrupted, morally or financially. The Indian Army has stooped to another low with the revelation of sexual harassment by a General (Lt Gen Nanda accused of sexual abuse, June 4). A career in the armed forces was inspiring as it called for selfless service and discipline. However, the many cases of corruption like the Sukna scam have tarnished the image of the Army. The cleansing of the system should begin from the top and the process should be transparent.
Ritesh Pandey
Hyderabad

I am all for the equality sexes. But I believe Armed forces is not the place for women. Many western countries have women in their ranks as their population is low. We are a billion strong and there is no shortage of eager men to join up. Last but not the least loosing ones mother is a much more traumatic experience (its my personal opinion)

Yes, , but you can not use the example of US army. As US army had rarely reported any rape incident, where a general equal to Gen. Nanda had ever found in raping a wife of junior army officer. Am I right?

Secondly, the sexual harrasment is a big issue in India, we know, in all fields of life. But, once again, what if a General found involved in such activities? Indians are used to hear of sexual harrasment in the hands of Top Indian politicians, but the social values are declining fast and driving you to the age where there will be no difference left between a human biend and an animal.

Gen. Nanda may be the first example but he will not be the last.

i think u need to update your self. sexual harassment in usa armed force made a popular news at the time of afgan and iraq war. and u r continue pointing indian army but for ur kind information it's just a first case,it does not mean any other army woman is facing it.

i know pakistani media they always made big issue of any indian news without any reason. just look at yourself and change your self it's our problem not related to u.

i think u need to update your self. sexual harassment in usa armed force made a popular news at the time of afgan and iraq war. and u r continue pointing indian army but for ur kind information it's just a first case,it does not mean any other army woman is facing it.

i know pakistani media they always made big issue of any indian news without any reason. just look at yourself and change your self it's our problem not related to u.

yes, us army in news in iraq agfghanistan. but not generals of us army. The common soldiers, who found having sex with their companion lady officers. But in the case of india its a General and not a low profile soldier.

Secondly I did not said that it 737th case in indian army. I said it may be the first but it would not be the last,

The important part of the following news is at the end, keep in mind the heading of the news.

Lt Gen charged with sexual misconduct, quits

New Delhi: In a major embarrassment for the Army, a Lieutenant General has been forced to resign following allegations of sexual misconduct against him by the wife of an officer during a visit abroad last month.

Army sources said that Lt Gen AK Nanda, the Engineer-in-Chief, was asked to put in his papers by Army Chief General VK Singh after a complaint that he molested the wife of his technical secretary during a visit to Israel.

lt-gen-ak-nanda-630.jpg

Lt Gen Nanda has already put in his papers, the sources said. He is the senior-most Army officer to face such action over sexual misconduct charges

Nanda and his team had gone to Israel along with their families, the sources said.

The complaint was filed by the wife of Nanda's technical secretary to Army Chief's wife and the President of the Army Wives Welfare Association Bharti Singh, who promptly put it up before General Singh.

After an inquiry into the episode, Singh is believed to have asked Nanda last week to put in his papers and leave.

Nanda had only about a year ago taken over as the Engineer-in-Chief and had earlier served as the Director General of the Border Roads Organisation.

Nanda's technical secretary, who had expressed his displeasure and unwillingness to work under Nanda, has been posted to Bhopal.

A new technical secretary, Colonel Sanjeev Dalal, has taken over the job. When Nanda's office was contacted, his staff, including Dalal, refused to speak on the matter. Nanda was not available for comments.

The controversy involving 59-year-old Nanda comes at a time when the Army had a loss of face over the involvement of its senior officers in the Sukna land scam.

Former Military Secretary Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash and former Corps commander at Sukna Lt Gen PK Rath are facing a court martial in the case, while the latter's then deputy Lt Gen Ramesh Halgali and administrative head Maj Gen PC Sen are facing administrative action.

In an earlier case of sexual misconduct two years ago, an Army court martial held in Bhatinda in Punjab had ordered the dismissal of Major General AK Lal, against whom a woman officer had filed a complaint of harassment.

Lal was commanding 3 Infantry Division in Ladakh when the charges came up.

He was later found guilty. Maj Gen Lal and his family have all along refuted these charges. When Singh had taken over as the Army Chief, he had promised to "improve the internal health" of his organisation.

Army's clarification

Meanwhile, on Thursday evening, the Indian Army issued a press release stating that Lt Gen Nanda is still the Engineer-in-Chief and has not resigned.

The Army says it had received complaint of sexual misconduct against Lt Gen by a Colonel’s wife and investigations are still on.

"Preliminary investigations suggest that there are a lot of loophole in the complaint against Lt Gen Nanda. He has not resigned nor has he been asked to," the release reads.

not to the extent of the indian army.

The simple reason is Indian don't get to do that much sex as American or Britishers so it is bound to happen and frustration ensues, Americans are doing between themselves like between soldiers this thing can't happen between every solder in Indian army that is the big reason for frustration.
Plus when Bill Clinton was caught having affairs with Monica Lewinsky then everything is possible.

Reading from various text and reports in very rarity a conservative women gets into all this sexual harassment things, it's only women who keep on giving wrong signals to guys get the brunt of harassment.

harry you need to move to So Cal my friend. Poon aplenty :D
"you'll get more a$s than a toilet seat" Works Cited: Tom Leykis

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom