What's new

Seven Wonder Lakes Of Pakistan

Seven Wonder Lakes Of Pakistan

As Leader pointed out, most of the pictures or the names are wrong. My little help:

That is not the Ansu Lake, instead it's some other lake in Pakistan. Embarrassingly I don't know it's name. This is the Ansu Lake,
A_view_of_Ansoo_Lake_in_September.jpg

This is the Lower Kachura lake or the Shangrila lake south of Skardu instead of Banjosa Lake,

ay84eg.jpg

Shangrila-resort-Skardu.jpg

This is Banjosa Lake,

KN004.jpg

That is not the Saiful Maluk, it's a Canadian lake. This is Saiful Maluk,

Saif-Ul-Muluk-Lake-Mirror-Effect.jpg

That is not Rush Lake at all. This is,

GKAE2.jpg

Vdx6T.jpg

The picture you posted is not Rama Lake. This is,

ramalake_zps45b242c4.jpg

But great work nonetheless. Keep it up!

What you guys call a lake in Pakistan is called a pond in Canada

They are not Lakes. More like Ponds, but they are gorgeously beautiful nonetheless.

It's ok. What you guys call mountains (the Rockies) are called hills over here.

Last edited:
Two of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia,

The Manchar Lake at 520 Km sq is Pakistan's largest freshwater lake.

lake-manchar1_zpsb85d8b3d.jpg

TheMancharLake_Dadu_Sindh_zpse969836a.jpg

Manchar_SPOT_1299.jpg

The Keenjhar Lake is Pakistan's second largest freshwater lake,

95_big.jpg

keenjhar-lake-noori-jam-tamachi.jpg

keenjharlakethatta.jpg

Keenjhar_Lake_Thatta.jpg

The word lake comes from Middle Englishlake ("lake, pond, waterway"), from Old Englishlacu ("pond, pool, stream"), from Proto-Germanic *lakō ("pond, ditch, slow moving stream"), from theProto-Indo-European root *leǵ- ("to leak, drain").

Yeah, I saw that definition of a lake on Wikipedia and they are right.

I guess it is a matter of Perception. Those of us who have lived in North America are used to calling much larger bodies of water Lakes, as in Lake superior ( 31,700 Square miles in terms of area).

Yeah, I saw that definition of a lake on Wikipedia and they are right.

I guess it is a matter of Perception. Those of us who have lived in North America are used to calling much larger bodies of water Lakes, as in Lake superior ( 31,700 Square miles in terms of area).

Man they are called the great lakes for a reason. Thousands of kilometres inland and it still feels like your living right beside the ocean. Makes it all humid as hell too.

what you call canadian is called eskimo in pakistan

I know, the word "Eskimo" has such a history in Pakistani culture

The word lake comes from Middle Englishlake ("lake, pond, waterway"), from Old Englishlacu ("pond, pool, stream"), from Proto-Germanic *lakō ("pond, ditch, slow moving stream"), from theProto-Indo-European root *leǵ- ("to leak, drain").

so when you speak the language, do you consider the origin and historic use of every word?
i just did not get the point, I can called any body of water lake, pond, stream?

few of the "lakes" shown in pictures above cannot be called a Lake, without any consideration to what the word "lake" meant in 13th century. Even in Pakistan where I come from it would be called Banni.

Two of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia,

The Manchar Lake at 520 Km sq is Pakistan's largest freshwater lake.

lake-manchar1_zpsb85d8b3d.jpg

TheMancharLake_Dadu_Sindh_zpse969836a.jpg

Manchar_SPOT_1299.jpg

The Keenjhar Lake is Pakistan's second largest freshwater lake,

95_big.jpg

keenjhar-lake-noori-jam-tamachi.jpg

keenjharlakethatta.jpg

Keenjhar_Lake_Thatta.jpg

Thank you, I was about to ask if someone can post pictures of real lakes in Pakistan not just ponds, then I saw these

Last edited:
so when you speak the language, do you consider the origin and historic use of every word?
i just did not get the point, I can called any body of water lake, pond, stream?

few of the "lakes" shown in pictures above cannot be called a Lake, without any consideration to what the word "lake" meant in 13th century. Even in Pakistan where I come from it would be called Banni.

Childish post again. I tried to explain this before. The North American "mountians" are mere hills compared to the Karakoram, the Himalayas and the Hindukush. In fact most of the worlds "mountains" are. In Urdu they would be called pahrian instead of pahar. We've got paved roads running higher than the Alps for heaven's sake. Doesn't mean we bring out our stupid showy pomp and start demanding that they be called hills.

If there's any scientific or linguistic reason against calling these water bodies lakes then please present it. By all definitions of a lake these are lakes. Btw all mountain lakes are this size. Especially when the mountains are this high and the valleys this narrow, something North America wouldn't know.

what you call canadian is called eskimo in pakistan

Not really. They aren't that indifferent to cold. It's more internet hype than reality. There are other peoples in the world who are far less susceptible to cold.

I do prefer to know what I am talking about...Hence, yes I do like to know the definition of the words or even the origin that is how I know not to say something is wrong when it can be right....
Well, they are called what they are called....Have you seen what is called a lake in Europe...Basically anything that catches tourist attention ...It depends how who wants to connotate which word to what!

great pictures but one of them-4th one down is actually moraine lake in canada.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom