What's new

Serbian defense industry

That's some high tech stuff right there. Despite Nato bombing the shit outta them, it looks like they're keeping up quite well. :tup:

like-a-sir.jpg

Mig 21-93
Mig-29 canopy, new Air brakes, new Phasatron phased array Radar , multiple target tracking ability but with old R25-300 Engine. If the Israelis could take a Mirage and produce an incredibly successful aircraft called the Kfir Then I KNOW Serbia has the Engineers and Machinists to produce the Mig21-97 , call it the Mig 22 : )

2.jpg

They should offer similar program to Pakistan's JF-17s along with African countries operating MiG-21s/F-7s...

@proka89
How's everything in serbia? I'm sorry to hear about the floods.I hope everyone is ok there.

It's bad. We didn't see nothing like this for over a hundred years. Large parts of Serbia are under water, tens of thousands of people were forced to leave their homes, and many will be left homeless. And damage to the property, agriculture... will be enorums for a small country like ours.

We are thankful for the help we received from our neighbours and countries like Russia, France, Turkey, Belorussia, UAE, Germany, Austria, Azerbaijan, Israel...

BBC News - Balkans floods: Appeal for aid as rescue continues

BBC News - Balkan floods: Fears of new surge on Serbia's River Sava

Balkans flooding: Concerns landmines could surface in landslides - CNN.com

Bosnia and Serbia floods: thousands flee as death toll rises | World news | theguardian.com

Serbia and Bosnia floods: Worst floods to hit Balkans kill 40 and raise landmines threat - Europe - World - The Independent

It's bad. We didn't see nothing like this for over a hundred years. Large parts of Serbia are under water, tens of thousands of people were forced to leave their homes, and many will be left homeless. And damage to the property, agriculture... will be enorums for a small country like ours.

We are thankful for the help we received from our neighbours and countries like Russia, France, Turkey, Belorussia, UAE, Germany, Austria, Azerbaijan, Israel...

BBC News - Balkans floods: Appeal for aid as rescue continues

BBC News - Balkan floods: Fears of new surge on Serbia's River Sava

Balkans flooding: Concerns landmines could surface in landslides - CNN.com

Bosnia and Serbia floods: thousands flee as death toll rises | World news | theguardian.com

Serbia and Bosnia floods: Worst floods to hit Balkans kill 40 and raise landmines threat - Europe - World - The Independent
I hope everything gets better soon.

some good news, heavy vehicle factory FAP in Priboj to hire 600 new workers and start producing trucks for the Fin's. While new Mig 35's are glamorous (recently announced that deal is officially dead for a few years), it's this type of Industrial development that is much better for Serbia. If you don't have a strong social engine to create income then having expensive military hardware sitting on the ground that you can't afford to fly is rather pointless anyway. I guess it took 12 years to make this happen

fap-to-start-producing-sisu-trucks-in-september/

FAP1118-700x453.jpg

some good news, heavy vehicle factory FAP in Priboj to hire 600 new workers and start producing trucks for the Fin's. While new Mig 35's are glamorous (recently announced that deal is officially dead for a few years), it's this type of Industrial development that is much better for Serbia. If you don't have a strong social engine to create income then having expensive military hardware sitting on the ground that you can't afford to fly is rather pointless anyway. I guess it took 12 years to make this happen

fap-to-start-producing-sisu-trucks-in-september/

First of all, FAP won't hire new workers they will keep 600-700 of those that already work there, and maybe SISU will hire some more in the future.

And deal about Migs is not officially dead. New Minister of defence announced that he expects completing the deal with Russia in fall this year. According to him Russia approved commodity loan in total worth of 1.429 billions of dollars.

hmmm? well you must know something Gasic does not. ; ) According to his last statement they haven't given up on this but currently can't afford it. Of course I hope he's just saying this to deliberately spread disinformation in the interest of protecting state secrets, but if new Mig 35's are about to land at Batajnica they would be hard to hide anyway.

from serbianna
Serbia will not give up on new aircrafts for the Army of Serbia, but Defense Minister Bratislav Gasic says that one should “keep in mind the actual possibilities of the state”.
Purchase of these assets is not planned in the budget for this year, but they remain a part of the plan,” he said. “This year we will continue the modernization of combat equipment and their repairs, we will have significant new equipment and infrastructure investments, and priorities are still equipping Serbian Army units which will be deployed in peacekeeping missions, the procurement of equipment for the units of the Army of Serbia by model M-21, Air Force should receive new school aircrafts “Lasta”, we will continue development of our own telecommunication system, and we will also improve the conditions for the safe storage of combat equipment,…”
Really there's nothing wrong with this, I think the money would be better spent as he outlined, on improving domestic production and development. I know the Croats just bought 10 more mig21's from Ukraine, so developing the Moma S. plant into a regional Mig. service Center w/full engine machining and refurbishment might be a better investment than Mig 35's.

That is the old statement, he gave the new one after the meeting with Shoigu. And in that statement you quoted he didn't say that "deal is dead for a few years", he said:

Purchase of these assets is not planned in the budget for this year, but they remain a part of the plan,” he said.

Deals that big are never part of the budget, and we plan to buy equipment through commodity loan.

Rekao je da je dogovoren nastavak dalje vojne i vojno-obrazovne saradnje dve zemlje i najavio da će u junu ili na jesen biti završeni sporazumi koji se čekaju skoro dve godine.

Gašić je precizirao da je reč o robnom kreditu od milijardu i 428 miliona dolara za kupovinu aviona Mig.

http://www.b92.net/info/vesti/index.php?yyyy=2014&mm=05&dd=23&nav_category=12&nav_id=852026

But that much money is not just for the planes, but also for radars, helicopters and air defence systems. And if we sign the deal with Russia at the end of this year, we probably won't get the first planes before the end of 2016, or start of 2017. And than we will need more time to introduce them into service. So this year and next one are the last moments for new acquisitions for the Serbian air force. If we don't do something now in the 2018 we won't have any fighter planes, transport helicopters or transport planes. They are all at the end of their resources.

Really there's nothing wrong with this, I think the money would be better spent as he outlined, on improving domestic production and development. I know the Croats just bought 10 more mig21's from Ukraine, so developing the Moma S. plant into a regional Mig. service Center w/full engine machining and refurbishment might be a better investment than Mig 35's.

What domestic production and development? We are not developing or producing supersonic fighter aircrafts. If we wish to protect our air space we will have to buy them. And at the moment Moma is hardly capable to refurbish G4 and J22, with average speed of 1.5 planes per year. And Croats will have their migs for a few more years, and after that we will be the only country in the region, with russian planes, and that under condition that we buy the new ones. After 2018 Serbia won't have a single fighter aircraft, if we don't do something soon. So regional center for who? For one country currently operating obsolete Mig 21? Which won't extend their resources anymore after this.

there seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there. Some of the news sounds really bad , like this article claiming only 6 combat aircraft were even operational and those are now not working? Is this true?
A source of Beta agency, close to the Air Force command confirmed the report of Serbian daily Politika that the Army of Serbia does not have a single fighter in working condition because batteries for MiG-21 and MiG-29 were not purchased from Russia.
inserbia serbia-soon-without-air-force

there seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there. Some of the news sounds really bad , like this article claiming only 6 combat aircraft were even operational and those are now not working? Is this true?

inserbia serbia-soon-without-air-force

All Serbian air force fighter jets (Mig 21 and Mig 29) are grounded. Problem with the batteries. For the first time since the end of the WW2 Serbian sky is unprotected.

And soon we shall have only three Mig 29 operational, and they can't be on the guard duty 24h per day through the whole year. We need to do something soon or.....

I am sorry to hear it, sounds like mismanagement at a criminal level of negligence. It also looks like the defense minister job changes every 12 months. How can the country be secure be if the defense minister position is just another tool of political cronyism?

Back
Top Bottom