What's new

Serbian defense industry

Interesting yet building ships? Serbia does not have access to sea, only river/rivers.

Also why would an interceptor ship have auto cannon at the end?

Serbia does have river shipyards which are capable to build ships up to 140m long. For example few day ago:

RTS :: Najveći rečni brod za asfalt napravljen u Srbiji!

Lapresta tanker 135m long. Vahali is also building passenger ships in Serbia. And there are other shipyards. And i don't know why is the canon on that spot.

Zastava is a favorite in the US civilian weapons market, which is mostly likely what its ment for.
yes but not when there's US military transport planes involved. This is a US Dept of "defense" project. Overthrowing a government or propping up a client state somewhere in the world

yes but not when there's US military transport planes involved. This is a US Dept of "defense" project. Overthrowing a government or propping up a client state somewhere in the world
...and Serbia is making money off of it... Glad we are together in this mess.

...and Serbia is making money off of it... Glad we are together in this mess.
I certainly hope not. The civil war the US started in Syria with Croatian weaponry is heart breaking and disaster for the whole world, although I know Croatian government ,being a CIA client state, had no choice in the matter.

Zastava arms most likely going to Afghanistan or Iraqi government.

Not long ago large delegation form Iraq visited Serbian defence companies. They are even negotiating technology transfer for production of small arms ammunition, mortar ammunition, rocket engines for MLRS rockets....

I certainly hope not. The civil war the US started in Syria with Croatian weaponry is heart breaking and disaster for the whole world, although I know Croatian government ,being a CIA client state, had no choice in the matter.

So you throw bunch of speculation and assumptions for your desired conclussion.

So you throw bunch of speculation and assumptions for your desired conclussion.
speculation about what?
Plane loads of Weapons left Zagreb for Saudi Arabia and 2 weeks later it was all in the hands of "moderate jihadists" . This is hardly speculation, no attempt was even made to hide this information. Of course when this failed the US sent modern weapon's, like the TOW missile that destroyed the downed Russian rescue helicopter.here
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/26/w...dis-are-said-to-arm-rebels-in-syria.html?_r=0

Or maybe your referring to Zastava supplying Iraqi government? That relationship is decades old, since Sdama's time. They're training their new pilots in Soko aircraft and they recently also purchased new 128mm launchers from Serbia.
see below
Not long ago large delegation form Iraq visited Serbian defence companies. They are even negotiating technology transfer for production of small arms ammunition, mortar ammunition, rocket engines for MLRS rockets....

speculation about what?
Plane loads of Weapons left Zagreb for Saudi Arabia and 2 weeks later it was all in the hands of "moderate jihadists" . This is hardly speculation, no attempt was even made to hide this information. Of course when this failed the US sent modern weapon's, like the TOW missile that destroyed the downed Russian rescue helicopter.here
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/26/w...dis-are-said-to-arm-rebels-in-syria.html?_r=0
Since when Saudi Arabia is Croatia then? Croatian assault rifle VHS and VHS 2 end up in Syria after kurds sell them because they need money.

Since when Saudi Arabia is Croatia then? Croatian assault rifle VHS and VHS 2 end up in Syria after kurds sell them because they need money.
So Hrvatska sold weapons to the Saudi's, who gave them to the Kurd's, who sold them to Islamic State! Wow, I never heard that before except from you. Since your the only person who has ever invented such an amazing story I'm going to put it in my "crazy conspiracy rationalization" box.

speculation about what?They're training their new pilots in Soko aircraft.

Idk whether that stuff you're saying about the jihadis is true but you're correct about Iraq buying S.Korean fighter jets, my friend.
Iraq is due to receive 24 FA-50 multirole variants that is designated as T-50IQ that will come with KAI's follow-on support for the fleet for the next 20 years. The first delivery date for Iraq's FA-50 is April 2016, and then the last delivery ending somewhere in late 2017.
Iraqi air force orders 24 KAI T-50s

Last edited:
Idk whether that stuff you're saying about the jihadis is true but you're correct about Iraq buying S.Korean fighter jets, my friend.
Iraq is due to receive 24 FA-50 multirole variants that is designated as T-50IQ that will come with KAI's follow-on support for the fleet for the next 20 years. The first delivery date for Iraq's FA-50 is April 2016, and then the last delivery ending somewhere in late 2017.
the Serbian soko lasta 95 and PAK super Mushak is their primary propeller driven trainer for new pilots, they have approx. 20 of each. The KA-50 will be fill their LIFT duties- lead in fighter trainer . Looks like a nice plane. Kind of a mix between and F5 in the front and an F16 in the back : )
No doubt the single engine configuration will give pilots a good feel for the F16's they will eventually transition to for front line combat and air defense duty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom