What's new

Serbian Armed Forces (pictures and discussion)

0_151163_ad662295_XL.jpg

0_151164_84f09d25_XL.jpg

0_151165_3102c0e3_XL.jpg

0_151166_d70d2d30_XL.jpg

0_151167_8627035b_XL.jpg

0_151168_1e3b6971_XL.jpg

0_151169_582a9acc_XL.jpg

0_15116a_e650bbbe_XL.jpg

Nothing new, but on this new Yugoimport presentation movie you can see some interesting footage of Nora B52 in action. From 10:30:
thanks, first time I've seen ALAS flying, looks impressive.

A 9:54, what the missiles in the center of the BUK luncher? I know the BUK is medium range, Is this some kind of Hybrid design with Short range IR seekers integrated into the BUK chassis?

A 9:54, what the missiles in the center of the BUK luncher? I know the BUK is medium range, Is this some kind of Hybrid design with Short range IR seekers integrated into the BUK chassis?
IMG_20150626_140220.jpg

I unfortunately don't read Cyrillic, but I can see in the description they're Vympel designed R60 and R73's, which is impressive considering they were designed as air to air missiles. I can see the usefulness though in having integrated short range defenses against helicopters and low flying, fixed wing ground attack aircraft.
Are they paying a significant range penalty in firing from the ground or is there some kind of initial booster fitted? (veoma vojna tajna )

and what does this mean, are they actually going to buy one Lazar for the army?

Chief of General Staff Gen. Ljubisa Dikovic announced a modernization of the Serbian Armed Forces, including the purchase of two multipurpose helicopters, howitzers Nora and one armored vehicle Lazar, and underscored that the armed forces stood ready to respond to any terrorist threat.

Last edited:
and what does this mean, are they actually going to buy one Lazar for the army?
No he didn't say that. That is some bat translation, or something like that. Lazar and Nora should enter Technical Test Center in this year. So we won't see them in use before 2017.

Even though news is reporting that Serbia has 9 or 10 mig 29's (6 bought in 2013), this sounds like someones wishful thinking?
In that video I see them taking unnecessary risks with 1 or 2 of only 4 operational aircraft.

It does look like they're trying to buy older Russian mig 29's that are currently being replaced by new-build Mig-29SMT being delivered to Russia armed forces

Russian arms deliveries to Serbia "would restore balance" - Politics - on B92.net

Position of air defense missile batteries from the 250th anti-aircraft missile brigade.
0_15c5b8_c1b09743_XL.jpg
something about this pic really bothered me, and I just realized why. Why the hell is Serbia using fixed SAM sites? These were bombed out in the first 24 to 48 hours of the war in 1999 by NATO, and that was SAM suppression technology that's completely obsolete by today's standards.
We have 200+ T55's sitting around rusting. Every single KUB launcher should be mounted on a mobile platform.

Back
Top Bottom