f9fd851f9386d67316cd994d67127afa.jpg

01cde46d98d8062c897df0b850a55a3a.jpg

7d26860ad2cfee1bd57c507b6eacb689.jpg

d9dabdefe5a51e5299970ee59f6728b7.jpg

6e263af9817c0877beaef9c2eec6cd4b.jpg

:yay:

So come november and the big boy is going to arrive home! Can hardly wait
:man_in_love::fans:

INS Vikramaditya will be handed over to the Indian Navy on November 15 at a formal ceremony in the Russian northern seaport of Severodvinsk on the White Sea.

The delivery date was confirmed at talks Defence Secretary R.K. Mathur held in Moscow on Monday, according to informed sources.

A high-level Indian defence delegation paid a one-day visit to Moscow to prepare an annual session of the Indo-Russian Intergovernmental Commission on Military-Technical Cooperation that will meet in Russia next month under the chair of the two Defence Ministers.

The upgraded and retrofitted aircraft carrier is now completing sea trials and is expected to return to the Sevmash Shipyard in Severodvinsk in the next few weeks.

The ship was to be delivered last December, but failed the sea trials after its boilers and some other systems malfunctioned. This time, all systems performed flawlessly, including daytime and night takeoff and landings by MiG-29K deck fighter planes, the sources said.

The sides were tight-lipped on the issue of India acquiring a second nuclear submarine from Russia, but the sources confirmed that Moscow was willing to lease another Akula class submarine if India paid for completing its construction. The submarine has been lying half-built at the Amur Shipyard in the Russian Far East since it was mothballed in the 1990s for lack of funds.

On the recent accident in which INS Sindhurakshak sank after rocked by explosions, the Russian side agreed to provide expert assistance for raising the submarine and carrying out its technical inspection.

Russia will also beef up its team of 100 engineers, now deployed in Vishakhapatnam in order to speed up midterm repairs to INS Sindhudhvaj and INS Sindhushashtra. The Russian side also offered to have two more Indian Navy Kilo class submarines undergo midterm repairs in Russia, the sources said.

In reviewing progress of the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft, the sides noted with satisfaction the completion of preliminary design phase earlier this year. It is hoped that a contract for detailed design could be signed before the end of the year if the sides sort out the issue of costs.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/russia-to-hand-over-vikramaditya-on-nov-15/article5090587.ece

INS+Vikramaditya+aircraft+carrier+Admiral+Gorshkov+Indian+Navy+STOBAR+MiG-29K+and+Sea+Harrier+ski-jump+Ka-28+ASW+Ka-31+helicopters+AEW+HAL+Tejas+lca-n+fighter+jet+Kiev+class+Bharat+Military+Review+operational+delivered+handed+%25284%2529.jpg

Will it come through China sea or Mediterranean sea ----

love 2 go and see personally if it anchors in Greece or Turkey.

Will it come through China sea or Mediterranean sea ----

love 2 go and see personally if it anchors in Greece or Turkey.

It will most likely come through the Med as most/all IN vessels coming from Russia do.

I wonder if she'll stop at Portsmouth as INS Tarkash did- that might actually be worth a trip for me. Although a 40,000+ ton ACC is a whole different kettle of fish as compared to a 6,000 ton frigate. There's going to be a very limited number of eligible ports the Viky can stop at given the size and security restraints.

Congratulations to India from China!! (unusual on this forum I suspect :laugh:)

Though it was unfortunately over budget and delayed, this long overdue beauty will provide a significant step up in capabilities over India's previous carriers by allowing the introduction of Mig29Ks, helping to secure and protect India's maritime and national interests.

Though unlikely in the near future, I hope one day we can see her and the Liaoning operating together, it would be an awesome sight to see the two most capable currently operational STOBAR carriers in the world side by side, operating the most modern sea-fulcrums (Mig29k) and sea-flankers (J-15).

A man can dream. :rolleyes1:

Congratulations to India from China!! (unusual on this forum I suspect :laugh:)

Though it was unfortunately over budget and delayed, this long overdue beauty will provide a significant step up in capabilities over India's previous carriers by allowing the introduction of Mig29Ks, helping to secure and protect India's maritime and national interests.

Though unlikely in the near future, I hope one day we can see her and the Liaoning operating together, it would be an awesome sight to see the two most capable currently operational STOBAR carriers in the world side by side, operating the most modern sea-fulcrums (Mig29k) and sea-flankers (J-15).

A man can dream. :rolleyes1:

Here's hoping this can become a reality- Asian unity FTW!

like you said- a man can but dream ;)

One of the most desperately awaited war machine since independence i guess

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom