What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

no, our stupid politicians allowed these bs channels into our society! BTW, no one here where i live likes india movies or anything related to india, especially since india is cutting off our water supply!

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

R u serious?? can u search the thread for "three idiots" on this forum itself?? and look for responses especially from pakistani members ?? :cheesy:

I respect your thoughts brother and I agree with most of them. I really like your example of Suicide bombers and that should be am example to many youngsters here. In terms of interpreting Islam we must tread the path that is closest to Allah as well can keep the norms of humanity in mind. The real Islam is very liberal and understanding, just the fact that the Hindu culture flourished under the rule of Muslim kings shows the real image of properly understood Islam. Great Kings like Humanyun and Akbar outlined how society must run in balance with religion. Religion should dictate how we live and norms of humanity and decency must dictate how we interact with others. The way of Islam has historically always been a way of peace and it’s because of some misguided souls that today the very same religion is shown to be “ Extremist” and “ Hateful”. But going back to the main issue of these channels, one must allow everyone the right of choice and let everyone choose what they want to watch. As another member said as long as there is demand there will be supply. Rather than focusing on such small issues we must focus on the larger picture which still needs a lot of work.

We have allowed too many illitrates to teach Islam in our society and they are using thier type of Islam on impressionable, and are misguding and where as our young are searching for true guidance, till we provide them true guidnace and bring them to the point where they have 100% confidnace in what they know and what they believe, than and only than we can allow other channells to open up.

Again there are other channels doing more dispicable things than Indians, so we better prepare our generations for comming conditions in this world and than allow the freedom, as Jana said it should be two way street and should flow both ways.

Channels freedom doen not apply tio Pakistan only it should apply to India as well.

Last edited:
I really doubt anyone would watch a Pakistani channel.... besides GEO and maybe ARY.

Please do! but why has it taken you guys this long? Even your news papers and magazines and other cultural forums online only talk about Indian cinema and TV.

Look around even on this forum people know names of so many movies and actors, ask the same from any Indian he will not know a single lollywood movie.

I think you like it, you see it, but ultimately blame Hindus for spoiling your culture? We didn't force it one bit! The truth however is the Pakistani society loves Indian cinema and TV, if not ,it would have been wiped out long ago...

On this forum almost 80% Pakistani knows the names of Hindu fundamentalists Thackray and other terrorists from RSS, VHP,

it does not mean we love them.

As far as Indian movies well here people are also human and lust is one part of Human psyche indeed they love Indian movies for its flesh showing and those items :bunny:

Mags, and other papers do have movie section in almost every country we also have English movie reviews and pages, its not limited to only Bharat.

As far as cultural (in its real meaning not masala) forums i dont think so Alhamra shows any Indian trash thomka movies or Arts Council shows or discuss the curves of Indian actresses.

Our cultural societies including Acadmy of literature discuss and debate and promote healty , cultural art and literary work both from India and Pakistan.

I would rather support literary work from India instead of these useless copied trashy Indian movies.

BAN these BS channels

On this forum almost 80% Pakistani knows the names of Hindu fundamentalists Thackray and other terrorists from RSS, VHP,

it does not mean we love them.

Touched a raw nerve didn't I? Sorry I really did not understand your logic!!! You guys do love our entertainment there is absolutely no doubt in it!

As far as Indian movies well here people are also human and lust is one part of Human psyche indeed they love Indian movies for its flesh showing and those items :bunny:
Ha! I can show you plenty and far worse videos from Pakistan. Why don't you watch just those? They pop up so randomly on you tube its quite embarrassing.

Mags, and other papers do have movie section in almost every country we also have English movie reviews and pages, its not limited to only Bharat.

Ya that what I was saying too, You love our entertainment! Sorry we run zero news on a daily basis on what happens in lollywood oh and I'm 0% interested in watching movies from your country! since they are just bad remakes of Hindi movies. Case in point was a movie posted here that was a remake of ghajini!!! :))

As far as cultural (in its real meaning not masala) forums i dont think so Alhamra shows any Indian trash thomka movies or Arts Council shows or discuss the curves of Indian actresses.
OMG we watch movies as a means to socialize and getting entertained with family and friends. The number of times yo have mentioned lust and curves in your post is quite alarming!!!!No wonder the number of theaters in Pakistan is on the decline!

Our cultural societies including Acadmy of literature discuss and debate and promote healty , cultural art and literary work both from India and Pakistan.
I support this too :tup:

I would rather support literary work from India instead of these useless copied trashy Indian movies.
Your opinion!!! sorry!!! but you should stop speaking for the rest of your country!

And the "copied""trashy""Hindu" movies are very very popular among Pakistanis, and I'm glad they don't think like you!!!! and yeah the very Indian Muslims you are sympathetic to otherwise are our heros!!! Keep your hateful views to yourself!!!! As I said please ban our entertainment completely!!!! DO it and then come back here to bash the "Hindu Culture"...You speak like it was forced down your throat. The bitter truth (for you) is you have watched our entertainment for so many decades now!!! :tdown:

Last edited:
So tell me why indian gov. banned all pakistani channels?:eek:

i Have no idea..

i have no idea why any srilankan, bangladesi, bhutanese, maldivian, iranian, chinese , myanmarese, channels are not there in INDIA..

I guess all these countries have to join hands to ask why is it discriminating their channels...:kiss3:

Ok, you guys talk of Hindu culture polluting young pakistani's mind. Yes, Indian serials do show some puja. But then again doesn't western movies and serials show sex, violence and adultery? And they also show churches and christians going to church etc. So are you going to ban them as well?

@ Jana

I did try to find out why indian channels are banned in pakistan, but couldn't find any reason.

Pakistan TV channels banned in Kashmir

Srinagar, April 24 (IANS) The airing of Pakistani television channels by local cable operators has been banned following directives from the union information and broadcasting ministry, an official said here Thursday. “As per the orders given by the government of India we have directed the cable operators to block all Pakistan based television channels,” Sheikh Aijaz Iqbal district magistrate Srinagar told the media here Thursday. Iqbal was the first district-level officer to act upon the ban in the state.

The banned Pakistani television channels include PTV, Geo television, ARY and Aaj.

All these channels, which are free to air, were being beamed by the local cable operators to their subscribers in Kashmir.

The ban order has evoked strong reactions from some quarters here.

Talking to IANS here Thursday, Irfan Ahmad Narwaru, vice president of Take One Television Network, which is the nodal agency for the cable operations in the Valley, said: “We are under pressure from our subscribers to air these Pakistan-based television channels, but we cannot violate the directives of the district magistrate.”

“We shall definitely be requesting the owners of these channels to register themselves with the union information and broadcasting ministry so that we are able to beam these channels to our subscribers.”

Mirwaiz Umer Farooq, chairman of the moderate Hurriyat group, criticized the ban order.

Talking to the media persons here, Mirwaiz said: “Blocking of these channels is cultural aggression. This is part of the psychological operation by the Indian government. Kashmir has religious and cultural links with Pakistan and it is unethical to ban all Pakistan TV channels.”

President of the ruling alliance Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mehbooba Mufti has termed the ban order as unfortunate.

“This is very unfortunate. Somebody is trying to infringe the rights of the media and the chief minister must take up the issue with the government of India,” Mehbooba Mufti told the media here.

Zafar Shah, a lawyer, also criticized the order saying it can be challenged in the court of law. “The order can be challenged in the court of law,” Shah told a local newspaper here.

Common people here are also feeling that the ban order is arbitrary.

“When the entire world is shrinking because of free access to information, how can you ban any television channel? It looks like the ban order was imposed arbitrarily,” said Muzaffar Ahmad, a professor.

“We watch Pakistani television channels for news, serials and cultural programmes. It is unfair to ban them. We would really miss them on the cable,” said Abdul Hamid, 23, a university student.

More at : Pakistan TV channels banned in Kashmir Pakistan TV channels banned in Kashmir

Check the response of the viewers when the channels were banned. They found it very unfair, as did the network broadcasters. In my opinion, unless the channels were openly preaching violence, the Indian government was wrong to ban them.

But Pakistan banning Indian channels is not the solution. we can expect a similar reaction in Pakistan if that happens. It'll just make people resent the government.

Whether it is India or Pak, banning channels is suppression of media, and viewers and broadcasters find it unfair.

Also, these is just an interesting article i found during my search. Its on the reaction of Pakistani broadcasters last time Indian channels were banned.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

Pakistan cable operators want Indian TV channels back
Saturday February 04, 2006 (1610 PST)

LAHORE: The Pakistan government�s decision to ban 35 Indian and foreign channels has invited the wrath of the cable operators across the country who have threatened to completely black out the Pakistani channels�which they believe are behind the government move�if the ban is not lifted soon.
The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), which regulates satellite broadcasting, had recently banned 35 foreign TV channels, many of which are Indian. The move led to a war of words between the PEMRA higher-ups and the office-bearers of Cable Operators Association of Pakistan (CAP).

The PEMRA, which works under the ministry of interior, is given sweeping powers to allow or disallow any satellite channel from airing in the country. The tussle eventually prompted the CAP to block transmissions of two major Pakistani channels � Geo owned by Mir Shakilur Rehman and ARY owned by Abdul Razzaq Yaqub. Both the media giants recently formed the Pakistan Broadcasters Association (PBA).

The cable operators maintain they have suffered huge losses due to the ban as a majority of their clientele is addicted to Indian channels and have withdrawn their subscriptions. Some Indian channels, Star Plus in particular, are the main source of revenues for these operators. The cable operators complain that they do their business in a permanent state of insecurity, knowing that the government could snatch their livelihood at any time. In just a little over four weeks since the ban was imposed, the revenues of the cable operators have dropped 50 per cent because of disconnections. The operators say the Pakistani channels, especially Geo and ARY, have substantially increased the content of Indian entertainment TV programmes in their channels.

Justifying the CAP`s decision to ban the Geo and ARY, the president of the association Malik Furqan Ghias accused the PBA of instigating and backing the PEMRA to prohibit the cable operators from airing Indian channels while allowing the Pakistani channels to keep showing Indian content themselves.

Following a three-day CAP ban, the Broadcasters Association was compelled to approach the cable operators to resolve the issue. However, during a meeting on February 1, the CAP again accused Geo of showing Indian content in violation of the agreement and subsequently threatened to completely black out the Pakistani channels.
Courtesy India news, World news

End.

I know many Pakistani members are against Indian channels, but they have to realise that if there is a large demand for these channels, then banning them will just create resentment.

The Indian government banned Pakistani channels and Kashmiris didn't like that at all. similarly if Pakistanis ban Indian channels, the populace who watch it will be ticked off.

a ban for a ban will leave the whole world bored! ;)

Maybe the people inside PDF dont watch much TV lately...its ok for them if all indian channels are banned.

i Have no idea..

i have no idea why any srilankan, bangladesi, bhutanese, maldivian, iranian, chinese , myanmarese, channels are not there in INDIA..

I guess all these countries have to join hands to ask why is it discriminating their channels...:kiss3:

clever spin. Question was Pakistan chanels as our language is almost same. u give a spin of Afghani, Irani, burmese and chinese.

cunning way of spinning the question, I say it again. avioding the question, just spinning it off.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom