What's new

Sehwag's comments about Shoaib Akhtar completely false

SMC

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here's something from another blog.

A video which was taken from Sahara India Sports Awards 2010 started getting viral in Cricketing circle. The reason ? Indian batsman Virender Sehwag is called on the stage by Shahrukh Khan. After some frolics, Shahrukh asks Sehwag to speak about a sledging incident. Shying away at first, and acting rather innocent, he eventually told a story. He said that he was batting around '200' runs and Sachin Tendulkar was on the non-strike end.

Pakistani speed demon, Shoaib Akhtar was bowling bouncers at Sehwag, while saying "Hook maar ke dikha" which was rather provoking, as Akhtar wanted Sehwag to play the hook shot, and get dismissed that way. Akhtar kept on bowling bouncers, then eventually Sehwag said to Akhtar "Woh tera baap khara hai non-striker end pe, usko bol woh maarke dikhayega" which translates to "That is your father standing at non-striker end, he will play hook shot". In the next over, Akhtar bowled the short ball again, and this time Sachin was on the strike, and he hit a 6 off that ball. Then Sehwag spoke to Akhtar "Beta beta hota hai, baap baap hota hai" which means "Father is a father, and son's a son"

Following is the original video (watch 01:05 onwards)

YouTube

Wow. A very nice and 'spicy' story. Also keeping in touch with the Indo-Pak rivalry. But wait... there seems to be some problem here... actually, this is untrue, if we go by the facts Sehwag mentioned... Let's analyze...

Sehwag mentions that he was around the 200 mark. If we just broaden the range a bit, we'll be able to include his 100+ scored Vs. Pakistan. Also, there would be some other conditions applying here. In the test match, three of the concerned players, i.e Sehwag, Sachin and Akhtar should be present. Let's look at the 100+ scores of Sehwag Vs. Pakistan...

Virender Sehwag has scored 100+ runs against Pakistan exactly 4 times.

He scored 309 runs at Multan. In 2004. In this match, three of them were playing. Interestingly, there was no six next to Sachin's name in this test.
1st Test: Pakistan v India at Multan, Mar 28-Apr 1, 2004 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

After that, Sehwag scored 173 in 2005. The venue was Mohali. Akhtar didn't play this match, hence, no point of discussing whether Sachin scored a six or not (as a matter of fact, he didn't)
1st Test: India v Pakistan at Mohali, Mar 8-12, 2005 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

After that, in the same series, he scored 201 at Bangalore. Obviously, Akhtar wasn't available in this match too.
3rd Test: India v Pakistan at Bangalore, Mar 24-28, 2005 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

In 2006, at Lahore, Sehwag scored 254. 3 of them played the match, but Sachin never batted. End of it I guess.
1st Test: Pakistan v India at Lahore, Jan 13-17, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

What does that prove ? Is Sehwag good at making tales ? Or did he miss something ? What actually goes against him is the fact that he mentioned '200' mark. Had he avoided that, the thing wouldn't have become that scrutinized. Sehwag, you might be one of the best batsmen out there, but you should be careful when speaking such things. There are eyes and ears perceiving your words, you know

*[ I Am Zeeshan ]*: Sehwag's Incident : Fact or Fiction ?

interesting.... will try to research a bit

was it a test match or ODI? did he mention that in the video? i watched the video couple of days ago so can't remember now

He said he was around 200. So it must be a test. We can give him the benefit of doubt of not exactly remembering his score. He might be on 190, so we broaden the range to anything over a 100.

He said he was around 200. So it must be a test. We can give him the benefit of doubt of not exactly remembering his score. He might be on 190, so we broaden the range to anything over a 100.

hmm if that was true... then I think we all know Sehwag's future profession after he leave cricket :lol:

That is a Journalist from ToI :rofl:

with no disrespect intended

A comment from the same blog:

If you widen the sample to include ODIs in which Shoaib Akhtar, Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar all played, you will find that Sachin hit Shoaib Akhtar for a 6 TWICE - once in 2004 at Karachi and once more in 2003 at Centurion.

At Karachi 2004:
Virender Sehwag made 79.

At Centurion 2003:
Virender Sehwag made 21.

In fact I was on a cricket blog and some one had posted the stats with sachins scores in the games that Shoaib had played. And if I am not wrong in all the test matches that Shoaib and Sachin were involved Sachin had not hit a single six.

And ps I hope that all the indians who were having multiple @rgasms when the video was released should realize how much of a piece of cr@p not only Sehwag is but also sachin who was enjoying the lie, and should also apologize for their foot in mouth reaction to the news. And message to sehwag please you dont need to polish your dads b@lls to score some cheap points.

In fact I was on a cricket blog and some one had posted the stats with sachins scores in the games that Shoaib had played. And if I am not wrong in all the test matches that Shoaib and Sachin were involved Sachin had not hit a single six.

In test matches I can't remember him being hit for a six by Sachin. A few times in ODIs, yes.

Why do sehwag need need to lie?
Secondly In this part of video he didnt mentioned it was test match or he was on 100, contrast to what it is in article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondly In this part of video he didnt mentioned it was test match or he was on 100, contrast to what it is in article.

YouTube - Sachin Vs Shoib_xvid.avi

I will tell u why to score some really cheap points with his papa. Now as per you he was and by he you mean sehwag the serial lier was on a 100 and it was a one day. So the link below is for all the matches that sachin and Shoaib were in and thus far in all of those games sachin had hit only 4 sixes from a total of 19 matches involving the 2.
1) Centurion 2003 sehwag score 21 sachin 98
2) Karachi 2004 sehwag score 79 sachin 28
3) Pindi 2004 sehwag score 26 sachin 141
4) Mphali 2007 sehwag 25 score sachin 99

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Dont forget to thank me now, and also you should know why the ball polisher was telling the lie. :cheers:

Below are the stats of Sachin with matches that involved him and Shoaib in a test match. Not a single six in all the games.

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

As said above he did not mention anything about test match.....B/W sledging is pretty common in international cricket and sometimes it backfires....Aamir Sohail vs Venkatesh Prasad is one fine example....Neither that makes any cricketer smaller nor bigger...It just teach them to be more humble next time....Sachin is world's best batsmen and the incident that Sehwag narrated belittle him against Shohaib and praises the maestro...Honestly not sure what is the fuss about???

YouTube - Sachin Vs Shoib_xvid.avi

The original video posted is the original full extended video which may capture things your video doesn't.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

As said above he did not mention anything about test match.....B/W sledging is pretty common in international cricket and sometimes it backfires....Aamir Sohail vs Venkatesh Prasad is one fine example....Neither that makes any cricketer smaller nor bigger...It just teach them to be more humble next time....Sachin is world's best batsmen and the incident that Sehwag narrated belittle him against Shohaib and praises the maestro...Honestly not sure what is the fuss about???

So Sehwag came near scoring 200 against Pakistan in an ODI where Shoaib was playing?

Sehwag's top score in ODIs against ALL teams is 146. And this was already mentioned above but I'll mention it again.

If you widen the sample to include ODIs in which Shoaib Akhtar, Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar all played, you will find that Sachin hit Shoaib Akhtar for a 6 TWICE - once in 2004 at Karachi and once more in 2003 at Centurion.

At Karachi 2004:
Virender Sehwag made 79.

At Centurion 2003:
Virender Sehwag made 21.

BUSTED
ALL OF THOSE SAYING LIAR TO SEHWAG ARE ALL TIME BIG LIARS OR BLINDED INDIA HATERS. Now those trying to be super cool and throwing cheap words, edit your posts.
Sachin hit a SIX to Akhtar and the Match Sehwag is referring to is this
ODI no. 2112 | 2003/04 season
Played at National Stadium, Karachi
13 March 2004 (50-over match) INDIA VS PAKISTAN.

As per sehwag said " he faced first over of Akhtar where was saying " Hook maar kae dekha" , in next over akhtars DAD as said by sehwag Hit a SIX.

Here is commentary from incident

Shoaib Akhtar to Sehwag, 1 wide
Shoaib Akhtar to Sehwag, no run
Shoaib Akhtar to Sehwag, 2 wides
Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, no run
Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, 1 no ball
Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, FOUR
Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, 1 run
End of over 1 (10 runs) India 10/0 (RR: 10.00)
V Sehwag 0* (3b) Shoaib Akhtar 1-0-10-0
SR Tendulkar 5* (5b 1x4)
Mohammad Sami to Tendulkar, 1 no ball
Mohammad Sami to Tendulkar, 1 run
Mohammad Sami to Sehwag, no run
Mohammad Sami to Sehwag, 1 leg bye
Mohammad Sami to Tendulkar, 1 run
End of over 2 (4 runs) India 14/0 (RR: 7.00)
V Sehwag 0* (7b) Mohammad Sami 1-0-3-0
SR Tendulkar 7* (8b 1x4) Shoaib Akhtar 1-0-10-0
Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, 1 run
Shoaib Akhtar to Sehwag, 1 wide
Shoaib Akhtar to Sehwag, 1 run
Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, SIX

1st ODI: Pakistan v India at Karachi, Mar 13, 2004 | Cricket Commentary | ESPN Cricinfo

Pathetic, people try to make their fellas bit happy by spreading LIES.:tdown::tdown:
I wonder how people start making NEWS( to make their countrymen feel better) without any research...

SIMPLY JEALOUSY

I know Blinds are still gonna argue and deny it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom