What's new

Second test of Nirbhay cruise missile in February

IMO, this will be the most important military development of 2014 .

It's a strategically important missile. The point is to not use it!

Keeps your enemies at their toes knowing you have boomers that can launch nuclear missiles at all of their top cities.

Indeed but nukes can't guarantee that a limited high intensity conflict doesn't break out at all!!And in that case,K 4 will serve you no purpose what so ever but Nirbhay LACMs would come in very handy and that's my entire point.

Indeed but nukes can't guarantee that a limited high intensity conflict doesn't break out at all!!And in that case,K 4 will serve you no purpose what so ever but Nirbhay LACMs would come in very handy and that's my entire point.

You can probably import Nirbhay type cruise missiles off the shelf in large volumes from Russia. But you cant do the same with K-4.

You can probably import Nirbhay type cruise missiles off the shelf in large volumes from Russia. But you cant do the same with K-4.

NO you can't sir.Remember MTCR....the binding principle that stops countries from exporting missiles with range higher than 300 km!!??

Even sale of missiles above 300km range is prohibited .

I think the engine used in Nirbhay is the laghu shakti engine developed by HAL-GTRE .
Laghu shakti engine is used in Lakshya and it has been devloped by ADA not GTRE-HAL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom