What's new

Scorching heat kills 800 in India

Biologically, human beings are not really designed to operation in environment greater than 36.5 degrees Celsius for extended period of time, especially when also performing heavy physical tasks. You run the risk of heat stroke.

I know, i know thank you. It was more in jest, but not really implied as this is a RIP thread after all.

Come to Saudi Arabia, it's amost 60

192002281.jpg

And at night

al7rarah2.jpg

for south indians...
don't worry guys. monsoon will start soon. weather forecast predictions is that monsoon will start from may 30.

thank heavens !!!

the humidity plus heat has been too much this year.

192002281.jpg

And at night

al7rarah2.jpg

combine that with high humidity and it will be like in a hot shower but just outside the showering water.

this is basically due to carbon dioxide and other industrial exhaust. whole of asia will warm up. but temporarily till construction and infrastructural work is going.

Europeans and the West have once again shifted all of their pollution causing elements to east .. great going

look at the idiotic constructions in the main three south indian cities - bangalore, hyderabad and madras ( now chennai )... so many glass-fronted tall buildings totally unsuited to the indian climate... all bouncing the light/heat upwards and downwards... plus the roads, fly-overs and such heavy traffic.

look at the idiotic constructions in the main three south indian cities - bangalore, hyderabad and madras ( now chennai )... so many glass-fronted tall buildings totally unsuited to the indian climate... all bouncing the light/heat upwards and downwards... plus the roads, fly-overs and such heavy traffic.

I have been to India once in delhi. I saw they are building some concrete type structures in NCR like in dubai. Exactly copying that style. India needs green cities rather than all those fancy looking concrete. It will make your soil infertile and unproductive for next 100 years.

Plus because you have tropical type of climate below Madhya Pradesh, only green cities with lots of trees will help maintaining the balance.

Similarly in Karachi.

Khammam recorded 47 last week .
Renichintala in Guntur district also recorded the same temperature..
Days are getting horrible.Thank god there no load shedding in AP

:o: It's about 34 degrees in Bangalore & you should hear the moaning about how hot it is........:lol:
And its 45 degrees here :coffee:

This is how road melts in delhi's summer..

297e20f8-76f5-4b54-bee6-754948cb7f02wallpaper1.jpg

I must tell you this, I live in a desert and I think this place is far better than Delhi, but I guess this place is better equiped to face heat.

192002281.jpg

And at night

al7rarah2.jpg

Oh my!
I always thought KSA and UAE had similar temperatures, but I guess I was wrong.

And its 45 degrees here :coffee:

I must tell you this, I live in a desert and I think this place is far better than Delhi, but I guess this place is better equiped to face heat.

Oh my!
I always thought KSA and UAE had similar temperatures, but I guess I was wrong.

Well How many lives in street there????? How many lives in tin roofed huts? and how many lives under the flyover?????

They are the first causalities on extreme weather.....

Well How many lives in street there????? How many lives in tin roofed huts? and how many lives under the flyover?????

They are the first causalities on extreme weather.....
1) You missed my line which said
levina said:
but I guess this place is better equiped to face heat.
2) In this country there are hundreds who work under the sun but by law they are not supposed to work between 12-3pm. And the working time would be further eased during the month of Ramadan.
I'm sure such laws bring some respite.

2) In this country there are hundreds who work under the sun but by law they are not supposed to work between 12-3pm. And the working time would be further eased during the month of Ramadan.
I'm sure such laws bring some respite.

Actually i typed that part in my previous post and then deleted it...... Having a law is one thing, implementing it is the most important part......... and fortunately in ME, laws are implemented and followed......Where in India we believe law's are made to break.....

But we cannot compare both, because in India we have both the extremes..... 45-50 degree heat and 3 to -2 degree cold.....

Fortunately we did not have a usual summer in kerala this year...... Most time of the summer it was raining and the temperature is under control....... and we are expecting monsoon in another 5 days or so.....

By the way the death tolls is 1100 as on yesterday........ Telungana is worst hit....

Actually i typed that part in my previous post and then deleted it...... Having a law is one thing, implementing it is the most important part......... and fortunately in ME, laws are implemented and followed......Where in India we believe law's are made to break.....

But we cannot compare both, because in India we have both the extremes..... 45-50 degree heat and 3 to -2 degree cold.....
I'm not comparing!
I have seen different types of summers in India. In my experience Rajasthan had the best summers. The reason being, sand heats up easily and also cools down equally fast, so by night the temperature goes down and it turns very pleasant.
Now this would work if you dont have buildings, as the cement keeps radiating heat during night, and ergo the temperatures dont go down after sunset.
The main problem is not just heat but the erratic construction and our habits. Earlier it was common in every family to prepare for summers, the food and dress had an important part to play.
Its not that our ancestors on the subcontinent have not faced such extremes, but they were better prepared.
And ofcourse global warming is taking its toll.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom