What's new

Scientists write to PM, CMs of TN, Kerala on Kudankulam nuclear plant

IIT mera lund. The first year students know more than teaching staff. Saalo Haliday or baki textbook raatake third year me gaand marte hain. These people want to go to Kundalkulam. Trust the South Indians they have more brains than you Prof. VIRUS.

PS: I didn't go to IIT, my friend did and that's his personal experience.

dude here in my university in germany, yahan bhi achiii g++++++ maari jati hai whole of the year till you some how manage to graduate with 50% marks. I had Lab a few days ago.. Lab mein jany ke liye pehle exam do, or sab khud karo.. batany wala kuch nahi. Professor lecture de kar bhaag jata hai.. or assistants hai nahi.. higher semester ke student tutorial karaty hai.. lol. phati hui hai :P.

Lecture applied mechanics ka hota hai.. professor bing bang ki PPT le kar ata hai dark energy ka lecture dene :P
every year they do research or uskey upar question bana ke humey dete hai .. lol

If apj kalam says its all fine then people should just STFU and go on with their lives.

Right. I was waiting for your type to jump in. .

Calm down my dear, If was the PM, I would have made the Kudankulam Nuclear energy capital of India with 40-50 Reactors. For the greater benefit someone from the higher up has to take some calculated risks(here in this case the standard safety BAR should be very very high as we are dealing with nuclear plant) .

So corruption has seeped into every form of the Indian govt including our own Supreme Court. Do you think the court is free of corrupting influences? I highly doubt it.

If you say our leaders are corrupt, that is true but if you say our supreme court is corrupt then i disagree with you.

I suggest you some research into a certain supreme court judge who amassed wealth that was not in line with his stated income/investments.

Calm down my dear, If was the PM, I would have made the Kudankulam Nuclear energy capital of India with 40-50 Reactors. For the greater benefit someone from the higher up has to take some calculated risks(here in this case the standard safety BAR should be very very high as we are dealing with nuclear plant) .

Sry. I just get hyper about India's future. Nuclear energy is the best course so far but I am just advocating a better safety approach that addresses key issues and goes above and beyond Western nations. Why not be leaders in safety and prove to the world we are capable and responsible? All I am saying is if these protestors didn't jump up and down, protest and fast.....we would have built this reactor yrs ago with many problems in place. The time that elapsed due to the protestors did not go to waste as some may think or believe. Instead, it allowed for better tech, better reviews, higher standards, better emergency plans, etc. There is a lot of crap being spewed about the protestors and NGO's but the truth is ppl are worried and simply want to make sure their safety is not compromised.

If apj kalam says its all fine then people should just STFU and go on with their lives.

Why? Never trust anyone blindly.....

why is nobody giving thought to the fact that it was Indian scientists who discovered the fault in these valves which essentially means that India is not blindly accepting whatever is being provided by the Russians. Please bear in mind India does have its own nuclear program and operate 20 odd reactors. So we are not novices that will accept any material from Russia without questioning and verification. And to top it all India was open to admit such a fault prior to plant being made operational. This clearly states that things although moving slowly, are actually going in the right direction.

Sure. But there should be a public apology to those fishermen and protestors who made this project slow in the first place. It was becasue of their consistent efforts and questions that slowed this project down. But it also made the govt bring up some trump uped, unsubstantiated charges against them and used the media to discredit their efforts. PLz nobody should ever forget that. Sadly, each and everyone of you will forget that small crucial information. Those fishermen saved our lives. Never forget. Always fight for the truth. In India, our gov't is totally corrupt. Question everything they do, the pro's, the con's....everything. As a citizen of a democractic country, it is our duty to keep a check and balance on our gov't. Not the other way around.....

If those scientists are working on kudankulam nuclear plant then this is a serious issue. If they are not working there, how did they know substandard equipments are used?? SC already given go ahead on the project.

How would some judges and politicans make such decisions? They would read the scientist's reports. What you miss is the credibility, the #, the degree's, etc these scientists have.

If the Supreme Court is willing to give a green light but these scientists are not......then who has a better opinion of such core issues? Lawmakers or Scientists? Even if they did not work in this plant, they would be in a MUCH BETTER POSITION TO ANALYZE such shortcomings than any judge.

it is a fad in west to go "anti-nuclear" , more like hippie culture , without looking for pros and cons ! same with these so called scientists !

How would some judges and politicans make such decisions? They would read the scientist's reports. What you miss is the credibility, the #, the degree's, etc these scientists have.

If the Supreme Court is willing to give a green light but these scientists are not......then who has a better opinion of such core issues? Lawmakers or Scientists? Even if they did not work in this plant, they would be in a MUCH BETTER POSITION TO ANALYZE such shortcomings than any judge.

How did you get at the point that no judge read the reports before giving the verdict?? What do you know about Indian judiciary system??
Those reports were made by those scientists who are working on that nuclear plant not by any politician.

Watch out on the bolded parts. I do not have any question on the ability of our scientists. Question is how did they know there are too many problems if they did not work on that particular plant??? From TOIlet papers???

Even Dr. Abdul Kalam had expressed satisfaction about the safety of the Kudankulam Nuclear Plant after having detailed discussion with KNPP officials and inspecting the safety features of the plant.

You should read thisKudankulam Nuclear Power Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think our politicians dare to play with the life of too many people??

How did you get at the point that no judge read the reports before giving the verdict?? What do you know about Indian judiciary system??
Those reports were made by those scientists who are working on that nuclear plant not by any politician.

Watch out on the bolded parts. I do not have any question on the ability of our scientists. Question is how did they know there are too many problems if they did not work on that particular plant??? From TOIlet papers???

Even Dr. Abdul Kalam had expressed satisfaction about the safety of the Kudankulam Nuclear Plant after having detailed discussion with KNPP officials and inspecting the safety features of the plant.

You should read thisKudankulam Nuclear Power Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think our politicians dare to play with the life of too many people??

YOu are comparing nuclear engineers to a MISSILE scientists. Come on! Hell yeah, our politicans don;t give a damn about ppl's live. Let me explain something to you and all. When you are engaged in massive corruption, you are playing with countless lives. You just cannot fathom or imagine the effects as it does not affect you directly but there are others in the lower socio-econmic ladder who are affected.

The India judiciary system has been plagued by corruption scandals that in some have been swept under.

I'll read the link you provided when I get a chance but I doubt I will find anything "new."

it is a fad in west to go "anti-nuclear" , more like hippie culture , without looking for pros and cons ! same with these so called scientists !

Sure blame the scientists but never blame the govt and its corruption all these yrs. Typical sheeple mentality. Now that scientists have complained, I guess the media and govt will make up some BS about NGO's and other nonsense to cut their credibiity. Oh wait you think the media is free from corrupting influences.....:cuckoo:

YOu are comparing nuclear engineers to a MISSILE scientists. Come on! Hell yeah, our politicans don;t give a damn about ppl's live. Let me explain something to you and all. When you ae engaged in massive corruption, you are playing with countless lives. You just cannot fahtom or imagine the effects as it does not affect you directly but there are others in the lower socio-econmic ladder who are.

The India judiciary system has been plagued by corruption scandalscases that in some ahve been swept under.

I'll read the link you provided when I get a chance but I doubt I will find anything "new."

Sure blame the scientists but never blame the govt and its corruption all these yrs. Typical sheeple mentality. Now that scientists have complained, I guess the media and govt will make up some BS about NGO's and other nonsense to cut their credibiity. Oh wait you think the media is free from corrupting influences.....:cuckoo:

lady, till date there have been no major incident in our nuclear reactors in india ! i hope u know that !

also the "missile man" has contributed more than missiles like prosthesis for physically handicapped and so on !

agree the govt and media is corrupt ! but this is a nuclear reactor , if u want the opinion , ask any scientist who works in there and not someone who sits distant ,drinking coffee and having some fun writing letters ! do u think those guys will work there if they knew it was unsafe ? would u?

one more thing, if u r a lady , please behave as a lady and argue your points with some respect to ur countrymen ( if u expect the same from them ) !

lady, till date there have been no major incident in our nuclear reactors in india ! i hope u know that !

also the "missile man" has contributed more than missiles like prosthesis for physically handicapped and so on !

agree the govt and media is corrupt ! but this is a nuclear reactor , if u want the opinion , ask any scientist who works in there and not someone who sits distant ,drinking coffee and having some fun writing letters ! do u think those guys will work there if they knew it was unsafe ? would u?

one more thing, if u r a lady , please behave as a lady and argue your points with some respect to ur countrymen ( if u expect the same from them ) !

Listen...thru sheer luck we have escaped the worst but don't think for a second we don't have problems. There have many issues but it has not been brought to light. Luckily, a few media ppl have exposed certain incidents that were quietly handled. These are a group of distinguished scientists not some politicans, judges or fishermen. I have posted my comments with respect. If you are a man, then act like one.

Of course ppl will work in any environment even if it is dangerous.

Listen...thru sheer luck we have escaped the worst

Such confidence in our country's scientists!!

YOu are comparing nuclear engineers to a MISSILE scientists.

And you are giving more importance to prof/lecturers from IITs etc than that to people from DAE/AEC. Pure hypocrisy. If a missile scientist doesn't know better than nuclear physicist (wrong concept) than how do people who have no access to the plant know any better?

Who do you think would know more, head of DAE or some lecturer from IIT?

Name those scientists. their profession,their experience in nuclear technology and the source of motive for letter(not about some clueless substanderd material talks).

So corruption has seeped into every form of the Indian govt including our own Supreme Court. Do you think the court is free of corrupting influences? I highly doubt it.

Right. I was waiting for your type to jump in. Yet, I should believe the govt and what you believe. What exactly is your qualifications? When our own leading scientists are writing about this, why the f-u-k would I believe an incompetent corrupt gov't? Im sure you know more than them? Plz......

The letter was signed by scientists from Indian Institutes of Sciences, Bangalore (IISc), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Madras and Bombay, Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Indian Institute for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) and Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) and several other research institutes.

So I trust their opinion more than I trust any stupid poster on this forum. I also trust their opinion over our corrupt gov't leaders and Supreme **** judges...

First of all do you know what's happening in kudankulam. Have you ever went to nearby villages of kundankulam. Do you know the source of motive for this anti kudankulam propaganda. Have you ever speak speak with any scientist in kudankulam(my own brother is working in kudankulam as a engineer). Don't give some non sense comment about india by living outside of it. I have spoken tens of engineers in kudankulam. This anti kudankulam association only got this sign from IIT engineers. they want publicity(nothing more than that and money for their NGO's especially from USA). First try to learn the fact what's happening in kundankulam. Don't give some clueless words.

And about indian judiaciary Do ever went inside any indian courts while cases are going on(atleast some municipal courts). Do you know about fundamentals of indian constitution. Do you ever speak with any judge in india. Don't give some bull$hit about indian judges especially about SC. Yes they are also corrupted but they will give judgements in favour of one person especially in local and family civil cases not about social issues.

Name those scientists. their profession,their experience in nuclear technology and the source of motive for letter(not about some clueless substanderd material talks).

Im sure the letter that was written has all te relevant information you seek. Also, it was sent to the correct autorities not the media or politicans.

Back
Top Bottom