What's new

School curricula: "Hate content in pakistan's textbooks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saar, I am just a timid looking small minded Pakistani and nothing more.

Joke aside, you did raise very valid points. I have an opinion and a conviction and I am sure, so do you. I respect your opinion but may not agree with certain aspects.

Lets agree to disagree on aspects we disagree on. :)

Bro, I will agree to disagree. But the way you argue is strange, I don't feel satisfied because you didn't respond to my points properly, you just waved them off and gave your own opinion. Ok maybe next time we'll discuss those particular points again.

Why would I load something which already is a hate filled crap and your government official report admits that it is. You don't have the courage to admit it. Don't.

Assumption : proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts

No Sir, having the courage to tell the truth as it is. And this is not hating any one.

Not hatred , but Half truth leading to Superiority ....hmm ok

Idiots who refuse to read and accept an official government report - may it be posted on any web page. The guy exposed what these books teach, religious bigotry and because it is not in Indian favour, it is a crap. Yeah sure.

You prefer blog over the original textbooks.....hmm what can i say...be happy with the treasure trove you found

When you don't want to understand any valid point, this is how you guys reply. You guys don't have an answer to an official Indian government department report - what do you believe in, your own bigoted responses based on hatred and lies.

Its not an official Report !!!....if it was steps would have already been taken to correct it .......show me a link to the ncert website !! dont gimme the crap BLOG link !!

Bigoted ?? hatred ?? lies ?? ..You gotta a mirror

oho .... if you don't know what Hindu Growth Rate represents - chaye ki piyali mein sharam se doob maro.
interesting u skipped the rest of the post !!

wow, positive criticism coming out of an Indian for the good of Pakistan. I do see the pigs flying around.

Oh well If you cant see positive criticism when being done ....you have lost all hope for redumption....since you see the pigs flying around do say hi to them and the cuckoos of the cuckoo land

Interesting forward mail I received today..
A bit too one sided.. but still food for thought

This is India

When Pranab Mukherjee was sworn in as the President of India, the world witnessed a Parsi Chief Justice Kapadia swear in a Brahmin President Mukherjee, with a Muslim Vice President Hamid Ansari, Sikh Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, an Italian born Catholic Chairman of the ruling party Sonia Gandhi, and a Dalit Speaker of the Parliament Meira Kumar attending the ceremony. The Chief of the Indian Army is General Bikram Singh, a Sikh and Chief of Air Force is Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, an Urdu-speaking Anglo Indian Christian from Allahbad. His son Omar is also a fighter pilot in the IAF

This is Pakistan.
Blasphamy laws, honour killings, 10 different versions of Islam all hating & killing each other and absolutely no tollerence for any other religion. And they still say they have not got enough religion. But you see these people running to non Muslim countries & trying to introduce customs in their host countries of the countries that they ran from.

i didnt know Kapadia was a parsi !!

This is India

When Pranab Mukherjee was sworn in as the President of India, the world witnessed a Parsi Chief Justice Kapadia swear in a Brahmin President Mukherjee, with a Muslim Vice President Hamid Ansari, Sikh Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, an Italian born Catholic Chairman of the ruling party Sonia Gandhi, and a Dalit Speaker of the Parliament Meira Kumar attending the ceremony. The Chief of the Indian Army is General Bikram Singh, a Sikh and Chief of Air Force is Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, an Urdu-speaking Anglo Indian Christian from Allahbad. His son Omar is also a fighter pilot in the IAF

This is Pakistan.
Blasphamy laws, honour killings, 10 different versions of Islam all hating & killing each other and absolutely no tollerence for any other religion. And they still say they have not got enough religion. But you see these people running to non Muslim countries & trying to introduce customs in their host countries of the countries that they ran from.
Original Post By Oscar

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...ent-pakistans-textbooks-11.html#ixzz259Zp9fQ8

I have heard this kind of stuff so many times that meray kaan istarha ki baatein sun sun kar pak gaye hein.

They do make an effort to present India in this manner, despite the fact, and yes it is not a propaganda, that India has the highest number of armed secessionist groups operating in any country of the world. Despite their pronouncements that their poverty level has come down which they manipulate by having their own definition of people living below poverty line, and reading this definition is not pretty indeed. I can go on and on .... but what we should appreciate is that they project the things which display India in good stride.

We on the other hand, despite having so many good things happening in Pakistan, tend to go along the anti-Pak propaganda and join them in spitting on our own faces. Why can't we project the good things that we have, our civilizational heritage, our culture and our history, our struggle to attain our homeland, despite meager resources the amount of good things that have happened here - yet we don't. And this is what angers me. Our drawing room elitist english speaking crap goes into convulsions while talking about Pakistan. It is a shame indeed.

It is a free country and anybody has a right to post their personal emails on the world wide web.

At times it is appropriate to keep many personal things, personal.

Thank you.

Bro, I will agree to disagree. But the way you argue is strange, I don't feel satisfied because you didn't respond to my points properly, you just waved them off and gave your own opinion. Ok maybe next time we'll discuss those particular points again.

Ten Four ..... though I again disagree with your assumptions about may answers - probably I may not have the ability to be as persuasive to the demands of persuasion here on PDF. :)

You are welcome - any time.

Assumption : proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts

Where is the assumption - an official Indian government department report is not an assumption it is taken as a fact.

Not hatred , but Half truth leading to Superiority ....hmm ok

This is an assumption.

[/QUOTE]You prefer blog over the original textbooks.....hmm what can i say...be happy with the treasure trove you found[/QUOTE]

ha ha ha ...... this is what surprises me. A person goes into details quoting pages, chapters and government report. And you don't agree. Please don't.

[/QUOTE]Its not an official Report !!!....if it was steps would have already been taken to correct it .......show me a link to the ncert website !! dont gimme the crap BLOG link !![/QUOTE]

Are any other such NCERT reports published on NCERT web site. Why does wikileak does what it does. Many things are not made public.

[/QUOTE]Bigoted ?? hatred ?? lies ?? ..You gotta a mirror [/QUOTE]

No sir I don't have the kind of mirror you people need to see the truth in.

interesting u skipped the rest of the post !!

I already answered to the remaining post elsewhere.

Oh well If you cant see positive criticism when being done ....you have lost all hope for redumption....since you see the pigs flying around do say hi to them and the cuckoos of the cuckoo land

Ok sir, and what may I tell them about the one who sends the greetings. An Indian who can't agree to the truth laid bare in plain daylight in the cuckoo land where blind men of Hindoostan are asleep and see darkness even during the daylight.

i didnt know Kapadia was a parsi !!

I don't even know who Kapadia is.

We can, but it has to be true/authentic/logical/factual.......

In the present day real-politik oriented world, there is nothing that shines like gold is gold.

Is that the score between us:cheesy:

na na ..... Ten Four is the wireless response when the message is understood clearly. Forgive me, at times I use movie cliches a bit too often, even for my liking.

This is India

This is Pakistan.

Thats comparing apples with oranges ! How can one measure up 'religious pluralism' against an 'abysmal state of governance' and still come up with an honest comparative ? For instance if we're going to talk about taking the life of a woman, then for every instance of 'honor killing' India has her fair share of 'female infanticide'. Likewise If we're going to about 'people killing and hating each other' then between the Maoists, the 'Illegal Bangladeshis *as they are called* along with a dozen different insurgencies they too have that covered. Of course there are differences there in terms of frequency of occurrence and even types of problems and they are due to the different dynamics that we find ourselves. Having said that the point still stands - Neither Pakistan's law nor our Islamic tradition (as understood by majority of Pakistanis) condone 'honor killings', 'sectarian violence' and 'intolerance for others' but they are there because our institutions are thoroughly dysfunctional and corrupt; consequently they are easily used and abused by those charged with Governance and any who has a fat bank account. This group ranges from 'Sardars' and 'Waderas' on one end to 'Religious Clerics' and 'Industrialists' on the other with a whole range of characters from completely different walks of life popping up.

On the 'introducing customs in their host countries....' - One would be justified in asking whether there was any clause in the citizenship papers (or whatever the legal jargon maybe !) that stipulate a 'hierarchy of sorts' that a born and bred (say!) Brit has a greater say in the what the dominant culture of the country ought to be or what they laws and the cultural practices of Britain are going to be, when compared with an immigrant ? One would also be justified in asking that if no such stipulation exist then why does it seem unreasonable for an immigrant citizen of the Crown (never mind 2nd,3rd Generations of his) trying to introduce these things ? One can create awareness against this, get public opinion on their side and block any such legislation through popular vote...but pray tell me 'what is so unreasonable about Person A tabling a resolution in the Parliament that seeks to introduce the Shariah in England' ? I may not like it, you may not like it, other Brits certainly may not like it but 'like or dislike' is hardly the barometer by which 'right and wrong', 'reasonable and unreasonable' is determined !

Ticker - 2 things:
1. No Indian disputes that India has problems. But no Indian also fails to point out and takes pride in the fact that the direction of movement of the country is the correct one. We are only improving - in every sphere.
Reducing poverty, reducing terrorism, reducing uneducation.

2. When talking about Pakistan, there are 2 things:
Pakistani's have an innate adherence to justify 2 nation theory by mixing Indians as Hindu's and Hindu's as Indians. That is not how we see ourselves. When Indians say something - it could be a Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh or Budhist. But Pakistani's seem to find comfort and solace in thinking India as Hindu.

Pakistan in its text books does not present the whole truth. It presents one sided facts and many lies. A simple example will be that many Muslims were killed by Hindus and Sikhs during partition, but will not mention that many Hindus and Sikhs were killed by Muslims as well in Pakistan. This highly selective writing of history along with sheer maligning of Hindus and projecting diversity as an adversity will be the undoing of Pakistan. Projecting the others as villains is not the only way to project people you like as heroes.

You can have a different opinion, but this is a firm fact. India does not present its history that way. India does not malign ANY religion in its books. Bad deeds done by communities are NEVER generalized. A Name will be associated to any bad deed, never a community or religion. Really, read through any CBSE book once. You will not regret it.

Ticker - 2 things:
1. No Indian disputes that India has problems. But no Indian also fails to point out and takes pride in the fact that the direction of movement of the country is the correct one. We are only improving - in every sphere.

Pakistani's have an innate adherence to justify 2 nation theory by mixing Indians as Hindu's and Hindu's as Indians. That is not how we see ourselves. When Indians say something - it could be a Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh or Budhist. But Pakistani's seem to find comfort and solace in thinking India as Hindu.

Pakistan in its text books does not present the whole truth. It presents one sided facts and many lies. A simple example will be that many Muslims were killed by Hindus and Sikhs during partition, but will not mention that many Hindus and Sikhs were killed by Muslims as well in Pakistan. This highly selective writing of history along with sheer maligning of Hindus and projecting diversity as an adversity will be the undoing of Pakistan.

You can have a different opinion, but this is a firm fact. India does not present its history that way. India does not malign ANY religion in its books. Bad deeds done by communities are NEVER generalized. A Name will be associated to any bad deed, never a community or religion. Really, read through any CBSE book once. You will not regret it.

Thanks for putting it better than myself.

Though I do hope, what I have read so far will bring more majority of Pakistani brothers and sisters to stand up and take a notice if its true.

PEACE FOREVER!!!

All Member must read this....Indian or Pakistani

This is very interesting topic.......

When I was growing up I was reading the same books what they mention above. But when I moved to US, I got a chance to work with Indians and Pakistani side by side, and to be honest. In past 10 years I did not encounter any Indian or Pakistani people who cannot work together and live together in US. Ab aap is ko majboori ka naam dain yea nahi its up to you.

I asked not only one but many many Indians that what causing all these hate.....and they told me same thing what I feel that normal public do not hate each other its just politician who make us fight, and that is so true. Like I said I have Sikh Punjabi friends, South Indian friends and lot of people people from Mumbai.

Actually, I asked lot of Indians "what they think about most of the Pakistani public" and 99% of them have very high view about Pakistani people, and reason why they saying this is because they have no political pressure in US they are away from India. Both of us (indians and Pakistani) are sitting in a country who totally allow freedom of speech and both of us have no fear to trash any each other even though they have no bad opinion about me neither do I . So in past 12 years living in US I have very high value for all Indians, and I know they think about us same way too.

When the question come about India and Pakistan Heros. then defiantly everyone think their national hero are better then others. But that does not mean that we are teaching hate to people. So I ask this question to everyone I read the same hate books how come my very best friend name is Varun, Arijeet, Guarav.

So long story short.........All Pakistani people and Indian people should not see each other as enemy but to see what we can do to really reduce this distance.

I hope I did not say anything offensive to anyone.....If I do please excuse me.

@Armstrong

A.Nice response
B.How you doing
C.Did you get me VM.:what:

I'm doing great...what about you ? How do you find the time to move between two forums and still post away ? :blink:

The VM thing is still unavailable till the sender has reached (was it ?) 10,000 posts ! But Asim did tell me about you. :D

I'm doing great...what about you ? How do you find the time to move between two forums and still post away ? :blink:

The VM thing is still unavailable till the sender has reached (was it ?) 10,000 posts ! But Asim did tell me about you. :D

Fine sir. I'm on three forums when I get the time.

I was talking about the VM on other forum. Anyway let me just tell you here. Can I have your email address, if so send me an email on

-----------------------------

So I can get yours.:tup:

Edit: it's one word.

Ticker - 2 things:

Pakistan in its text books does not present the whole truth. It presents one sided facts and many lies. A simple example will be that many Muslims were killed by Hindus and Sikhs during partition, but will not mention that many Hindus and Sikhs were killed by Muslims as well in Pakistan. This highly selective writing of history along with sheer maligning of Hindus and projecting diversity as an adversity will be the undoing of Pakistan.

First off...I went through the same mill so to speak so if anecdotal evidence is anything to go by - Bear me for a moment !

In the context of assuming that India is Hindu and Hindu is India - We are guilty ! We are guilty of looking at our own religion, recognizing the profound and pronounced socio, political, legal and economic dimensions of it and considering such an 'organized structure' to be valid for religions in general, by default. Consequently that leads us to lend some sort of patronage by ourselves to the view that 'Hindus' are a Nation ! Naturally exclamations like 'Akhund Bharat' and 'Hindu Mohmeddans of India' amidst others have served to fortify that image. Secondly our struggle for Pakistan wasn't against the 'Christians, the Sikhs, the Parsis or the Buddhist' it was against 'Caste Hindus' who, we thought, wouldn't give us a fair deal in a United India. Our views have purported that in a United India it would be as if we had changed British Raj for Hindu Raj and by Hindus we've always meant 'Caste Hindus' who believed in a hierarchical structure of sorts never those who shunned it and certainly never the 'Untouchables' ! However one would be justified in asserting whether that criticism was in itself fair to begin with ! We think it was ! Our elders who lived through those times seemed to have experienced it in the flesh and we've seen subsequent events that have consolidated our opinion on that even further. So essentially we're guilty of three things - 1) We mistook Hindus to be a Nation (though that may not be incorrect per se !), 2) We concentrated on the 'Hindu Discriminating Us' bit and didn't focus on other some very, very pertinent factors that, in my opinion, substantiate our point of view on why India should have been Partitioned, even further. And 3) Somewhere along the way 'Caste Hindus' dropped to just 'Hindus' but whereas one might see a contradiction in this over here in 2012, in the years leading up to the Partition, or so I've understood after doing my own reading, it went without saying that 'Hindus' referred to 'Caste Hindus' hence why many of the 'Untouchables' including their leader Ambedkar amongst other Hindus showered much praise on Mr.Jinnah and why even during the time he had taken up the cause of the 'Muslims' and started using such 'rhetoric', he wasn't and his rhetoric wasn't misconstrued as being 'Anti-Hindu' or anything like it ! It targeted a specific group of people.

Conversely just as we've been in the wrong on a plethora of issues there is much about you guys that irks us to no end ! Indians love to talk about the 'Two Nation Theory' when almost always it means to you guys as, to quote a resident Indian on PDF, 'We don't want to live with Evil Yindoos' when most of us feel like pulling our hairs out on hearing that, for such a view doesn't cover even 1/10th of what it was and it certainly wasn't the raison detre for the TNT but rather a part of its logical conclusion ! I think, conversely as well, Indians too suffer from the same problem of 'perception' when they look at Islam and then compare it with a dharmic faith like Hinduism and are unable to relate to the communal (or community-based - lest it gets misinterpreted !) aspects of Islam. I think for any Indian who wishes to understand the TNT they'd do well to read much..much more about it then the 2-3 paragraphs that are repeated ubiquitously in sensationalist pieces of journalism that do engage in d*ck measuring albeit in a much more subtle way. A little more in depth reading of Islam too would do one a lot of good ! *Hint - If you thought Islam was predominantly praying 5 times a day and fasting in the Ramazan then I was referring to you !*.

Onto the Second portion of your post :

History is the namesake of 'half-truths, exaggerations, omissions and out-right lies' ! The trick is to sandwich them between enough truths to make it look convincing enough. And this isn't unique to Pakistan but is practiced without reservation throughout the rest of the world for it cuts at the very center of 'Nationalism' - Create enough hype so that 'the Nation' is elevated to such a position that it transcends everything else ! What, however, is unique to Pakistan is an atrocious lack of 'subtlety'; which is to say in our chest thumping and proclamations we fail miserably, beyond measure, in packaging anything that would sell. Whether its our take on 'history', 'extremism', 'Afghanistan', 'Kashmir' - You name it and we've probably done things that would bequeath a million face-palms every single time and we've done them even when Providence provided us with facts that favored us more than they favored the other-side.

Having said that the 'pursuit of truth' is indeed, in the opinion of many Muslims and I agree with them, at the very core of faith ! At the same time one mustn't forget that 'history' out there is little more than 'narratives' and if your willing to dig deep enough one comes up with 'facts and figures' to support anything ! Napoleon wasn't being cute when he said 'History is written by the victorious' - He probably said something more profound and far-reaching then most of us give him credit for.

Khair...nice talking to you ! I think I'm going to bail out...its 2:30 a.m (at night !) here and I have to go to work tomorrow ! Why oh why did they make 'Saturday' a working day ! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom