What's new

Saudis take 100% control of America's largest oil refinery

mekshat is arabic forum and its problem for me..............sorry i am not interested in oil etc etc. I am more in historic art and culture ...

How in the good world do you know that forum? I am shocked.:eek:

I have never met any non-Saudi Arabian/Arab that knows about it, lol. It is a magnificent forum. Do you remember that news about those wild boars killing (apparently) 3 ISIS members in Iraq? Well, I never knew that there were any wild boars in Iraq or the region but I took a look at Mekshat and within a few minutes I learned that there are wild boars even in
KSA (around Hafar al-Batin)

and the mystery/my surprise was answered. Also many Saudi Arabian hunters post excellent photos and videos from hunting trips of Saudi Arabian wildlife and areas that hardly any person has visited or knows about.

Last edited by a moderator:
The day there comes a forced regime change in Riyadh. You better be ready with a pencil and a globe to redraw it. Get an eraser too.
These desert regimes survives at the mercy of the civilized world. Redrawing may be necessary for the region, and obviously you have no clue about the globe !

999.gif

THEYR TAKING OUR JERBS

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

How in the good world do you know that forum? I am shocked.:eek:

I have never met any non-Saudi Arabian/Arab that knows about it, lol. It is a magnificent forum. Do you remember that news about those wild boars killing (apparently) 3 ISIS members in Iraq? Well, I never knew that there were any wild boars in Iraq or the region but I took a look at Mekshat and within a few minutes I learned that there are wild boars even in
KSA (around Hafar al-Batin)

and the mystery/my surprise was answered. Also many Saudi Arabian hunters post excellent photos and videos from hunting trips of Saudi Arabian wildlife and areas that hardly any person has visited or knows about.
I dig alot and have some reservation with historian, which i will address later.

These desert regimes survives at the mercy of the civilized world. Redrawing may be necessary for the region, and obviously you have no clue about the globe !

Actually, it is both. Mutual interests between desert lands and global world is what surviving the worlds at this moment. Without oil, there is no leg to stand on.

Glad the alternative source of energy are being prepared to replace oil in the distinct future.

#Unrelated note. Thanks for the history on almost-extinct creations. Fascinating read!

Last edited:
Actually, it is both. Mutual interests between desert lands and global world is what surviving the worlds at this moment. Without oil, there is no leg to stand on.

Glad the alternative source of energy are being prepared to replace oil in the distinct future.

#Unrelated note. Thanks for the history of almost-extinct creations. Fascinating read!

Referring to Arabia and the Arab world as desert lands despite this land being the cradle of civilization (home to the oldest known civilizations) and longest continuously inhabited cities is quite ignorant by that user. Not only that, much of Arabia (over 50%) is actually mountainous and there are also large fertile areas the size of entire countries. In this "desert" 500 million (almost) live, of which 85 million in Arabia, and this "desert" (deserts come in all forms - sandy, volcanic, mountainous, steppe like, stony, fertile during spring and summer etc.) is home to numerous different landscapes.

And there is also something called gas and even outside of oil and gas Arabia/Arab world is one of the richest lands in terms of minerals and resources in general.

As for alternative energy, once again Arabia/Arab world will play a key role here as nobody can deny the potential for alternative energy such as solar, wind and even nuclear. Speaking about nuclear, KSA and Jordan alone have large uranium reserves.

Anyway that idiot in question must have inferiority complexes hence his constant obsession on this front. As you see nobody reacted to his nonsense until now.

He thinks that "desert" and "Bedouin" are provocations for Arabs, lol.

You are very welcome. I wrote that post quite quickly but it is interesting indeed. Would have been regardless of country/region discussed. Cheers.

Referring to Arabia and the Arab world as desert lands despite this land being the cradle of civilization (home to the oldest known civilizations) and longest continuously inhabited cities is quite ignorant by that user. Not only that, much of Arabia (over 50%) is actually mountainous and there are also large fertile areas the size of entire countries. In this "desert" 500 million (almost) live, of which 85 million in Arabia, and this "desert" (deserts come in all forms - sandy, volcanic, mountainous, steppe like, stony, fertile during spring and summer etc.) is home to numerous different landscapes.

And there is also something called gas and even outside of oil and gas Arabia/Arab world is one of the richest lands in terms of minerals and resources in general.

As for alternative energy, once again Arabia/Arab world will play a key role here as nobody can deny the potential for alternative energy such as solar, wind and even nuclear. Speaking about nuclear, KSA and Jordan alone have large uranium reserves.

Anyway that idiot in question must have inferiority complexes hence his constant obsession on this front. As you see nobody reacted to his nonsense until now.

He thinks that "desert" and "Bedouin" are provocations for Arabs, lol.

You are very welcome. I wrote that post quite quickly but it is interesting indeed. Would have been regardless of country/region discussed. Cheers.

The reason i didn't correct the perception of the desert lands meaning Arab lands because Arab lands have long history of literature to the knowledge of science/mathematics which made inroads to the depression period of Western world, thus putting Western worlds on map now. But that will still not suffice the member so why bother. Anyways, thanks for the reminder on the history.

That's why I like Facist/Right wings/Extrem Parties to be in Power... ( Expect where I live :) )It was like that sicne the beginning of our civilisation... They will sell their own country to stay in power...

What Happening in EU is an opportunity for those with money... Protectionism/Nationalism... my A**... It's like any dictatorship around the globe... Make them happyand they will give you their own mother... on a gloden plate...

America's largest oil refinery is now fully owned by Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Aramco, the kingdom's state-owned oil behemoth, took 100% control of the sprawling Port Arthur refinery in Texas on Monday, completing a deal that was first announced last year.

Port Arthur is considered the crown jewel of the US refinery system. The Gulf Coast facility can process 600,000 barrels of oil per day, making it the largest refinery in North America.

Aramco previously owned 50% of Port Arthur through a joint venture co-owned with Royal Dutch Shell (RDSA)called Motiva Enterprises.

But the two oil giants had a rocky relationship and reached a deal in March 2016 to separate their assets. Shell put out a statement on Monday confirming the "completion" of that break-up.

In addition to Port Arthur, Aramco is acquiring full ownership of 24 distribution terminals. Aramco also gets the exclusive right to sell Shell-branded gasoline and diesel in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, the eastern half of Texas and the majority of Florida.
Better known for its crude oil reserves, Aramco has been vertically integrating downstream assets (refinery, petrochemicals, distribution, retail) progressively, increasing control along supply chain, it's a favorable move before IPO that demonstrates management's ambition and strategic vision. Good!

Last edited:
This is not an opportune time to invest in Oil economy. World is moving on. Americans are prudent, Aramco should look to the future and diversify their investments.

Better known for its crude oil reserves, Aramco has been vertically integrating downstream assets (refinery, petrochemicals, distribution, retail) progressively, increasing control along supply chain, it's a favorable move before IPO that demonstrates management's ambition and strategic vision. Good!

Not only :

Aramco = SABIC

SABIC = Aramco

Note : “SABIC, one of the world' s largest diversified chemical companies, held multilateral discussions with global, Asian and Chinese government officials and industry and business leaders at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual conference (BFA) 2016, sharing perspectives around this year' s conference theme "Asia' s New Future: New Dynamics; New Vision" .

The chief executive of SABIC says the company will participate in and contribute to China' s transformational journey from 'made in China' to 'created in China' by harnessing the power of innovation and technology - as seen in the recent tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between SABIC, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics (DICP), a research institute affiliated to the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) on March 22, 2016.”

Not only :

Aramco = SABIC

SABIC = Aramco

Note : “SABIC, one of the world' s largest diversified chemical companies, held multilateral discussions with global, Asian and Chinese government officials and industry and business leaders at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual conference (BFA) 2016, sharing perspectives around this year' s conference theme "Asia' s New Future: New Dynamics; New Vision" .

The chief executive of SABIC says the company will participate in and contribute to China' s transformational journey from 'made in China' to 'created in China' by harnessing the power of innovation and technology - as seen in the recent tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between SABIC, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics (DICP), a research institute affiliated to the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) on March 22, 2016.”

You stole the thunder, my friend!

When I read about the overtake I thought SABIC. And on 2nd page you spilled the beans...

It is a global giant. Even here in The Netherlands they have presence. I guess they like to keep a low profile.

Question to our KSA friends... I understood that a year or so ago some ME investors were going heavy into Shael companies as many were going belly up...this process of investement/takeover was facilitated by Wall Street.

Any info or details will be welcome.

Wasn't KSA going to build a refinery in China for Saudi crude?

they should buy out CITGO as well. Venezuela needs cash and our politicians are freaking out over Russia getting the company with a Venezuela default..

Back
Top Bottom