What's new

Saudis Eye S-400 missile defense system

It was, and everfy one is free to check this, Jinnah's promise to all kinds of Muslims that they would be free and safe in Pakistan and Pakistan is home to incredible variety of muslims, I don't mean ethnic but in terms of doctrine and dogma --we must not allow people from outside to wreck Pakistan.

If you examine how hard Al-Qaeeda worked to spark sectrarian strife, how the wahabi extremist like Lashkar e Jhangvi attempted to spark sectarian wars -- and while there are example of retaliation, you will note that Pakistanis by and large reject this, otherwise there would have been huge civil wars going on.

You know I think you might have something in your comment about identity crisis - How can anyone born in Pakistan and actually experiencing the stigma and outright discrimination the Arbi exercises toward the Pakistanis ever identify with them is a complete mystery to me - I hope that someday these confused people will think about where they stand, I hope it is with Pakistan.

It was, and everfy one is free to check this, Jinnah's promise to all kinds of Muslims that they would be free and safe in Pakistan and Pakistan is home to incredible variety of muslims, I don't mean ethnic but in terms of doctrine and dogma --we must not allow people from outside to wreck Pakistan.

Exactly. I mean everybody outrightly accuses Iran of hatred against jews; truth is they have a sizeable population of jews themselves. Pakistan was created as a secular state as Quaid himself said that religion should not be the matter of the state. But somewhere along the line; someone got hold of the notion of "Fortress of Islam". In creating a fortress for Islam; we only have dug up more moats for each other than fortifying the walls.

If you examine how hard Al-Qaeeda worked to spark sectrarian strife, how the wahabi extremist like Lashkar e Jhangvi attempted to spark sectarian wars -- and while there are example of retaliation, you will note that Pakistanis by and large reject this, otherwise there would have been huge civil wars going on.

Yes there was retaliation by shias against the targeted killings all over Pakistan; specially in karachi when every other day some shia engineer or doctor would die on the road due to firing. It could have turned to a civil war but sanity prevailed.

You know I think you might have something in your comment about identity crisis - How can anyone born in Pakistan and actually experiencing the stigma and outright discrimination the Arbi exercises toward the Pakistanis ever identify with them is a complete mystery to me - I hope that someday these confused people will think about where they stand, I hope it is with Pakistan.

The way i see it; it has more to do with the financial rewards due to which people flock towards the gulf. Never mind the discrimination if you're getting paid 10 times what you get paid in Pakistan.

People also sometimes falsely relate themselves to being from the Prophets lineage to get some respect and it has got a lot to do with being an arbi which makes them feel that they are somehow superior to the other lot. Dont know if i'm getting my point across though...

mean everybody outrightly accuses Iran of hatred against jews; truth is they have a sizeable population of jews themselves

I lived in Iran as a kid and my best fried were Davide and Shaul - and this is why I take such exception to the kinds of vile things we see posted from time to time on the board - they were just friends, like any other and I think it's awful for us to copy Europeans in being prejudiced against them as peoples and not distinguishing between the policies of the govt and the people as just people.

The way i see it; it has more to do with the financial rewards due to which people flock towards the gulf. Never mind the discrimination if you're getting paid 10 times what you get paid in Pakistan.

Yes, I think so as well and while I don't see anyhthing wrong with seking greater reward, the identifying with them part is a problem for me, especially since they do not identify with us, when was the last time they actually suppported pakistan with regard to it's problems with India?? .

People also sometimes falsely relate themselves to being from the Prophets lineage to get some respect and it has got a lot to do with being an arbi which makes them feel that they are somehow superior to the other lot. Dont know if i'm getting my point across though..

Well, I guess whatever floats their boats.

Yes, I think so as well and while I don't see anyhthing wrong with seking greater reward, the identifying with them part is a problem for me, especially since they do not identify with us, when was the last time they actually suppported pakistan with regard to it's problems with India??.

Am I the only one who thinks that Pakistani's are the only one to consider themselves to be part of a larger "Ummah"? Arab's do not even talk about this stuff. You can notice this in Iraq where the majority shia population holds itself as Arab's first and Muslims afterwards w.r.t. relations with Iran. Pakistani's always impose this Ummah stuff as the only nuclear muslim state and regards the arabs as brothers no matter what they do to the detriment of our national security. We want to become leaders in the muslim world and that cannot happen without relating to the arabs.

you can bet this will give the U.S. a close up look at the S-400.

Back
Top Bottom