What's new

Saudis earn praise for restoring Hajj quota

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The central and regional office-bearers of the Hajj Organisers Association of Pakistan (HOAP) on Sunday praised the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for restoring Pakistan’s hajj quota.

According to a presser, HOAP Central Chairman Haji Sanaullah, KP Chairman Haji Masood Shinwari and former KP chairman Haji Waheedullah Afridi said Saudi Arabia has restored the 20 percent hajj quota which was deducted during 2013-2016.

Sanaullah said the restoration would enable more Pakistanis to perform hajj.

The HOAP office-bearers also said that Religious Affairs Minister Muhammad Yousaf also raised voice for the restoration of the quota.

They vowed for a more successful hajj operation in 2017, adding that the private hajj companies would also provide best facilities to the Pakistani pilgrims.

During 2013, due to the construction and expansion work at Masjid Al-Haram, the Saudi government reduced the Pakistan hajj quota for three years which later extended to 2016.
http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/08-Jan-17/saudis-earn-praise-for-restoring-hajj-quota

Hajj is basically tourism business and a source of forex...Saudi gain...and the hajjis lose...as in any economic cycle..loss of money from one hand is gain of money in another's hand....Hajj should be conditional to Saudi accepting payments in local currency and not USD...then see how much quota they give..because all the PKR they will accumulate will bound them to trade with Pakistan in other goods and services...

What does 20% quota means ?
Pakistan sends about 160,000 pilgrims for Hajj each year. During the construction work in the Grand Mosque, the Hajj quota of all nation was reduced by some margin in order to ensure safety of piligrims. Now I think most of the work inside the Mosque is done so I guess they would have considered it is safe to raise the quota once again.

Else the Iranian quota is distributed as another member said. I think the quota was decreased for 1 year only if my memory is correct but looks like they increased it after 3 years

Hajj is basically tourism business and a source of forex...Saudi gain...and the hajjis lose...as in any economic cycle..loss of money from one hand is gain of money in another's hand....Hajj should be conditional to Saudi accepting payments in local currency and not USD...then see how much quota they give..because all the PKR they will accumulate will bound them to trade with Pakistan in other goods and services...

Why everybody us coming up with the conditions every new day to impose on KSA ?
why not make all the trade in world in local currency ? why not say the same to other countries as well ? or try to ridicule any interaction with them which we have ?

Why everybody us coming up with the conditions every new day to impose on KSA ?
why not make all the trade in world in local currency ? why not say the same to other countries as well ? or try to ridicule any interaction with them which we have ?

Because religion is not like trade of goods and services..basically in religion...its all about gain for one economy..and loss for another one...no value or product or services are added to that economy...that is why religious tourism is always subject to higher criticism..it also brings many negative social impacts..mainly radicalization..many people after their hajj or umraa become more religious and start imposing religion on their children harshly..or pull them out of school for hifz...

Because religion is not like trade of goods and services..basically in religion...its all about gain for one economy..and loss for another one...no value or product or services are added to that economy...that is why religious tourism is always subject to higher criticism..it also brings many negative social impacts..mainly radicalization..many people after their hajj or umraa become more religious and start imposing religion on their children harshly..or pull them out of school for hifz...

You are talking like you are holding some kind of treasure of data collected on the issue and some higher rating research publications on the subject, I would love to read them.

BTW, what values product or services are added to the economy in other form of tourism ?
Let me share the volume.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings
tour.PNG

While income from Hajj is less than 9 bn USD.

And, the children part is so funny. Personally, never seen it.

Last edited:
You are talking like you are holding some kind of treasure of data collected on the issue and some higher rating research publications on the subject, I would love to read them.

BTW, what values product or services are added to the economy in other form of tourism ?
Let me share the volume.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings
View attachment 367020
While income from Hajj is less than 9 bn USD.

And, the children part is so funny. Personally, never seen it.
Mr somebozo doesn't like religion so no need of debating with him. Hajj Quota is restored because expansion of Kaba will be completed before this year's Hajj so it's simple thing what is there to praise about

Assalam o Alaikum!

I don't know if anyone from the Saudi govt. will read this but could you kindly also take care of the corrupt nexus of the Saudi embassy and the few people who have been handed the rights to get visas processed.

They always mess up and at the last moment. Hajis and Mu'tamirs end up losing thousands of dollars and sometimes have to miss out on their trip or leave some from their party behind.

Because of the corruption and price-fixing by airlines, people from Pakistan end up paying more than Mu'tamirs and Hajis from England or the US even, and the experience specially at the airports and hotels is much worse.

Kindly consider this a religious obligation and weed out all corrupt practices and price-gouging for the sake of Allah.

Fa'soufa Yazidu kum Allah Ajran, Insha Allah

Back
Top Bottom