What's new

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Saudi Arabia is already selling US Treasuries to fund their budget. So I don't consider this a big deal.
Actually this is more of a diversionary news. I don't care, just like I did not care when China was reducing their
Treasury holdings. The entire developed world Bond market is moving to negative rates(Japan, Europe and slowly US)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-for-doha-counting-315-billion-cost-of-slump

How 315 Billion Petrodollars Evaporated
Javier Blas javierblas2
April 14, 2016 — 4:13 PM PDT Updated on April 15, 2016 — 5:58 AM PDT

• Low oil prices force countries to tap their rainy day funds
  • Oil countries to debate on Sunday in Doha production freeze

The world’s top oil exporters are burning through their petrodollar assets at an accelerating pace, increasing the pressure to reach a deal to freeze production to bolster prices.

The 18 nations set to gather in Doha on Sunday to discuss a production freeze have spent $315 billion of their foreign-exchange reserves -- about a fifth of their total -- since the oil slump started in November 2014, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. In the last three months of 2015, reserves fell nearly $54 billion, the largest quarterly drop since the crisis started.

The petrodollar burn has consequences beyond the oil nations, affecting international fund managers like Aberdeen Asset Management Plc and global currencies markets. Oil nations have traditionally held their reserves in U.S. Treasuries and other liquid securities. Nonetheless, the impact in credit markets has been muted as central banks continue to buy debt.

"We expect 2016 to be yet another painful year for most of the oil states," said Abhishek Deshpande, oil analyst at Natixis SA in London.

488x-1.png

The gathering in Doha will comprise both OPEC and non-OPEC states, though any deal to boost prices will probably be largely cosmetic as countries are already pumping nearly at record levels.

In a letter inviting countries to the Doha meeting, Qatar Energy Minister Mohammed Al Sada said oil countries need to stabilize the market in "the interest of a healthier world economy as the present low price is seen to be benefiting no one."

Burned Through
Saudi Arabia accounts for nearly half of the decline in foreign-exchange reserves among oil producers, with $138 billion -- or 23 percent of its total -- followed by Russia, Algeria, Libya and Nigeria. In the final three months of last year, Saudi Arabia burned through $38.1 billion, the biggest quarterly reduction in data going back to 1962.

The oil slump started in November 2014 when the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, led by the Saudis, decided to fight for market share -- and bury U.S. producers -- rather than cut production to support prices as it had done in the past. The policy sent Brent crude, the global oil benchmark, down from an annual average of $111 a barrel in 2013 to an average of just $35 so far this year. The plunge forced producers to tap their rainy day funds.

Fitch Ratings on Tuesday lowered the credit rating of Saudi Arabia to AA-, following similar steps already taken by Standard & Poor’s as well as Moody’s Investors Service. Fitch said that Riyadh would face large fiscal deficits this year and a "large share of the government’s financing needs will be funded by disposing of foreign financial assets."

IMF Forecast
The International Monetary Fund forecast that Saudi Arabia’s current-account shortfall will equal 10.2 percent of its gross domestic product this year, the most since 1998, when oil prices tumbled to $10 a barrel. Likewise, the United Arab Emirates is facing a balance of payments deficit this year for the first time since reliable statistics start in 1980, according to the IMF.

The total drop in petrodollar assets isn’t possible to calculate as some Middle East countries, including Kuwait and the U.A.E., don’t disclose timely data about their sovereign wealth funds.

Brent crude futures, which sank to a 12-year low in January, have climbed 30 percent since Saudi Arabia, Russia, Qatar and Venezuela reached a preliminary agreement to freeze output in February. This week, Russia said it sees a deal to freeze oil output as possible when it meets other producers, regardless of whether Iran -- which has said it plan to boost output -- joins the deal.

To be honest with you, I have a hard time accepting the full official story and I find it "amazing" that the CIA (most powerful organization of its kind) knew nothing. What followed after 9/11 has also perfectly suited Israel.

Now are you also falling for the conspiracy trap, like most of the Muslims ? better to get out of that trap
falling for conspiracy theories will make me a pessimist and I refuse to do fall for that.

Yes, and certain royals . as Bendar Bush, his wife, and high soudi official were directly implicated in helping those terrorists navigate in the US. How do you explain a guy that doesnot speak any english,barely literate, has never been to the US, travel trough airport and highway without getting lost..?
!

Bush and his wife, if implicated how are they roaming around in the US untouched by the law?

The amusing part about all this....ie....discrepancy between this great benefactor (stabilising force, donator) and perceived greatest evil (exporting imams with "radical" views) is the fact they run hand in hand, one not possible without the other due to the intimate links between royalty and clergy.

I got a deal for Saudi Arabia. that $750 billion in treasuries you are trying blackmail us with is now only $375 billion.

we are going take $ 5 billion of that and pay each 9/11 family 1 million dollars.
If you don't like that we'll release the papers and then sue you for the whole $750 billion.

gty_donald_trump_announcement_jc_150630_16x9_992.jpg

threaten to embargo us and instead of Assad getting toppled it'll be Saudi Arabia,UAE, and Qatar facing regime change instead.

The late foreign minister of KSA, Prince Saud bin Faisal, and the former Saudi Arabian ambassador to the US, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, already told over 10 years ago that they can publish those 28 pages as KSA has nothing to hide.

Nothing will happen my Arab-obsessed Afghan. Out of your 977 posts here so far, I assume that at least 95% of them are about the 450 million Arabs or KSA. Go seek medical help and if that does not help you can always pray to Imams who all hail from modern-day KSA or some Iranian Ayatollah based in Qom. I hear that your likes are quite fond of doing that.

Pray to God not imam...you got it wrong ISIS central inhabitant.
KSA gave ISIS, OBL, San bernardino killers, you might be the next crazy loon

It is you Shias that have turned Imams and ordinary Ayatollah's into Gods not any other Muslim sect. Yes, KSA is indeed the cradle of Islam and all sects originate from KSA and 95% of all Islamic personalities.

Keep dreaming. In other news, the moon is made out of cheese.

you really don't hold any leverage. back in the day we needed your oil, but not anymore :coffee: from what I hear we got nothing lose since the petrodollar is facing it's demise.

you better just take the $375 billion dollar hit. that's pretty cheap compared to the phoney wars you got us dragged into (2 trillion dollars over 15 years)

It is you Shias that have turned Imams and ordinary Ayatollah's into Gods not any other Muslim sect. Yes, KSA is indeed the cradle of Islam and all sects originate from KSA and 95% of all Islamic personalities.

Keep your sub human saudi views on saudi forums....its not welcomed in Pakistan nor rest of the world.

I got a deal for Saudi Arabia. that $750 billion in treasuries you are trying blackmail us with is now only $375 billion.

we are going take $ 5 billion of that and pay each 9/11 family 1 million dollars.
If you don't like that we'll release the papers and then sue you for the whole $750 billion.

threaten to embargo us and instead of Assad getting toppled it'll be Saudi Arabia,UAE, and Qatar facing regime change instead.

This slow painful collapse of KSA is more pleasing though.

The only subhuman here is an Afghan obsessed about his Arab masters. Stick to engaging in Bacha Bazi, Taliban and heroin. Truth hurts.

Arab masters? I'm seeing Iranians walking around calling the shots in syria and russians bombing your brethren from the sky whilst your kind watch helplessly. Masters my backside.

The late foreign minister of KSA, Prince Saud bin Faisal, and the former Saudi Arabian ambassador to the US, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, already told over 10 years ago that they can publish those 28 pages as KSA has nothing to hide.

Nothing will happen my Arab-obsessed Afghan. Out of your 977 posts here so far, I assume that at least 95% of them are about the 450 million Arabs or KSA. Go seek medical help and if that does not help you can always pray to Imams who all hail from modern-day KSA or some Iranian Ayatollah based in Qom who claims sacred Arab ancestry. I hear that your likes are quite fond of doing that.

Arab masters? I'm seeing Iranians walking around calling the shots in syria and russians bombing your brethren from the sky whilst your kind watch helplessly. Masters my backside.

Since when did you turn into an "Iranian" and since when did Iranians call any shots? All I see is them doing is returning in coffins weekly from a conflict in an Arab country and wasting billions upon billions of dollars while being an immensely impoverished and underdeveloped country. Al-Assad is using them as he pleases. The Russians have mostly been bombing Turkmens in the border regions next to Turkey and I am afraid that they are not my brethren. Lastly last time I saw the Al-Assad regime, Shia militias and Hezbollah were almost all exclusively Arab. It's an internal Syrian conflict. Yes, your people are former Arab subjects since we conquered, influenced you on all fronts and ruled you. Today your brethren's main occupation in the Arab world is to drive Arabs in taxis. That or being wannabe-Arabs in the West.

In other news the moon is made out of cheese as I wrote earlier so I will let you obsessed individuals have fun blabbering.

Pray to God not imam...you got it wrong ISIS central inhabitant.

LOL, you obsessive lunatic, OBL was half Yemeni and half Syrian, ISIS has nothing to do with KSA, none of its leaders are from KSA, they do not operate in KSA and were not founded in KSA, nor were the San Bernardino killers Saudi Arabians nor had they anything to do with KSA. They were from Pakistan. Just like the mastermind behind 9/11 btw (Khalid Sheikh Muhammad).

we are going take $5 billion and pay each 9/11 family 1 million dollars. If you don't like that we'll release the papers and sue you the whole $750 billion.

threaten to embargo us and instead of Assad getting toppled it'll be Saudi Arabia,UAE, and Qatar facing regime change.

Keep dreaming. In other news, the moon is made out of cheese.

you really don't hold any leverage. back in the day we needed your oil, but not anymore :coffee: from what I hear we got nothing lose since the petrodollar is facing it's demise.

you better just take the $375 billion dollar hit. that's pretty cheap compared to the phoney wars you got us dragged into (2 trillion dollars over 15 years)

Drugs are dangerous for you. KSA is almost untouchable. You can quote this post. No power would ever risk invading KSA for numerous reasons. KSA and US relations will remain close as this is in the interest of both parties. Regardless of what the Kenyan might think of that, who btw visited 3-4 days ago.

When did that happen? Last time I checked Saudis were busy demolishing Islamic sites to make room for modern housing.

Since always as history confirms on every front. No "Islamic" sites are demolished. Graves built 200-300 years ago are not Islamic sites nor do graves play any role in Islam. KSA is not demolishing but expanding the holy sites while we speak. Besides those sites are our sites created and inhabited by our own people.

Keep your sub human saudi views on saudi forums....its not welcomed in Pakistan nor rest of the world.

The only subhuman here is an Afghan obsessed about his Arab masters. Stick to engaging in Bacha Bazi, Taliban and heroin. Truth hurts. Now go obsess about your masters but remember that you will always remain an Afghan with no say in Arab matters no matter how much you bark.

Lastly there is no "Saudi Arabian" version of Islam as Islam itself originates from modern-day KSA and all Islamic sects, whether Sunni, Shia or Sufism.

Last edited:
Drugs are dangerous for you. KSA is untouchable. You can quote this post.

Since always as history confirms on every front. No "Islamic" sites are demolished. Graves built 200-300 years ago are not Islamic sites nor do graves play any role in Islam. KSA is not demolishing but expanding the holy sites while we speak. Besides those sites are our sites created and inhabited by our own people.

The only subhuman here is an Afghan obsessed about his Arab masters. Stick to engaging in Bacha Bazi, Taliban and heroin. Truth hurts. Now go obsess about your masters but remember that you will always remain an Afghan with no say in Arab matters no matter how much you bark.

Lastly there is no "Saudi Arabian" version of Islam as Islam itself originates from modern-day KSA and all Islamic sects, whether Sunni, Shia or Sufism.

speaking of drugs pretty sure your princes come to the U.S to places like Miami or Las Vegas and do all kinds of things that would get the normal Saudi Arabian into serious trouble.

your leaders do think they're untouchable even from Allah.

Why dont the Americans talk about Israeli angle in this as well? There are documentaries on youtube documenting Israeli intel work in 9/11 incident.

Back
Top Bottom