What's new

Featured Saudi Arabia set to manufacture new armoured military vehicle Dahna

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
saudi-al-dahna-tactical-4x4-photo-2020.jpg

Saudi Arabia will manufacture multi-tasking, four-wheel drive armoured vehicles, compatible with all conditions and specifications of military use, top Saudi officials said.

The Dahna vehicles have undergone all the standard motor tests according to international classifications, they said as a deal was signed to this effect.

An agreement to locally manufacture armored military vehicles has been signed between the Saudi General Directorate of Border Guard and the Military Industries Corporation (MIC).

lg.php

The deal was signed at the General Authority for Military Industries’ (GAMI) headquarters in Riyadh in the presence of GAMI Gov. Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz Al Ohali, the head of MIC, Mohammed bin Hamad Al Madi, and the director general of the Border Guards, Lt. Gen. Awad bin Eid Al Balawi.

Al Ohali said local manufacturing of the new vehicles, known as Dahna, was part of GAMI’s strategy to achieve national priorities, develop legislation on the establishment of military manufacturing contracts, and support and empower local manufacturers.

Al Madi expressed his pride at MIC’s capabilities and the national talents, who were qualified according to the latest international manufacturing technologies.

“The Dahna vehicle has undergone all the standard motor tests according to international classifications. It is a multi-tasking, four-wheel-drive vehicle compatible with all conditions and specifications of military use,” Al Madi said.

Al Balawi said: “This project will play a major role in the development of the matrix of armored vehicles for the border guards. It will provide training for operators, technicians, and trainers in line with the requirements of the next phase in accordance with the highest standards.

“Those standards aim at raising the efficiency and qualification of the Saudi border guards to perform their tasks efficiently in effective partnership with national institutions,” he added.

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/sau...ture-new-armoured-military-vehicle-1.72366316

saudi-al-dahna-tactical-4x4-photo-2020.jpg

Saudi Arabia will manufacture multi-tasking, four-wheel drive armoured vehicles, compatible with all conditions and specifications of military use, top Saudi officials said.

The Dahna vehicles have undergone all the standard motor tests according to international classifications, they said as a deal was signed to this effect.

An agreement to locally manufacture armored military vehicles has been signed between the Saudi General Directorate of Border Guard and the Military Industries Corporation (MIC).

lg.php

The deal was signed at the General Authority for Military Industries’ (GAMI) headquarters in Riyadh in the presence of GAMI Gov. Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz Al Ohali, the head of MIC, Mohammed bin Hamad Al Madi, and the director general of the Border Guards, Lt. Gen. Awad bin Eid Al Balawi.

Al Ohali said local manufacturing of the new vehicles, known as Dahna, was part of GAMI’s strategy to achieve national priorities, develop legislation on the establishment of military manufacturing contracts, and support and empower local manufacturers.

Al Madi expressed his pride at MIC’s capabilities and the national talents, who were qualified according to the latest international manufacturing technologies.

“The Dahna vehicle has undergone all the standard motor tests according to international classifications. It is a multi-tasking, four-wheel-drive vehicle compatible with all conditions and specifications of military use,” Al Madi said.

Al Balawi said: “This project will play a major role in the development of the matrix of armored vehicles for the border guards. It will provide training for operators, technicians, and trainers in line with the requirements of the next phase in accordance with the highest standards.

“Those standards aim at raising the efficiency and qualification of the Saudi border guards to perform their tasks efficiently in effective partnership with national institutions,” he added.

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/sau...ture-new-armoured-military-vehicle-1.72366316
People are here for a a surpurise if they study the level of industry Saudis have built. This is one of around a dozen Armored vechiles designed and produced by various Saudi companies. Saudi Arabia is doing entire F 15 upgrade in Saudi Arabia. They are building mortars and Armored vechiles and APC and Military Transport planes and several more things

People are here for a a surpurise if they study the level of industry Saudis have built. This is one of around a dozen Armored vechiles designed and produced by various Saudi companies. Saudi Arabia is doing entire F 15 upgrade in Saudi Arabia. They are building mortars and Armored vechiles and APC and Military Transport planes and several more things

Every thing is possible if you have an endless supply of dollars.

Not just dollars but most people working in those industries are also Saudis. Several Saudi Universities have started to take to position among top 500 Universities of the world.

Not just dollars but most people working in those industries are also Saudis. Several Saudi Universities have started to take to position among top 500 Universities of the world.

GCC countries spend billions on students who go to top unis in UK EUROPE US

GCC countries spend billions on students who go to top unis in UK EUROPE US
Question is, can they lead a broject on their own from scratch. Can they critically think. I had decent amount of Saudis in my engineering classes. Most of them were fairly intelligent. They would not interact with other even Arabs or be part of any group study. Still able to finish their assignments. Idk If they had off campus tutors or hookups from old Saudi Students cuz somehow they will show up with competed assignments.

Question is, can they lead a broject on their own from scratch. Can they critically think. I had decent amount of Saudis in my engineering classes. Most of them were fairly intelligent. They would not interact with other even Arabs or be part of any group study. Still able to finish their assignments. Idk If they had off campus tutors or hookups from old Saudi Students cuz somehow they will show up with competed assignments.

Most get put directly into apprenticeships as soon as they finish their degrees. Although most are just there to complete degrees by hook or crook but some are simply brilliant. When i was doing my bachelors in UK most of GCC students used to pay PHD students to get their assignments done.

Yes they can, they are coming up with many local projects from drones to other technology I will share stuff here soon. I have few friends there even they are stunned the level of scientific research taking place there.

They would not interact with other even Arabs or be part of any group study. Still able to finish their assignments.
There is a whole ghostwriting industry that takes care of their assignment and group work. Believe me, I know it from my personal experiences as their classmate and colleague. I know a lot of teachers and Professors from Saudi universities, often at get together they would share stories that are nothing short of nightmares.

The biggest issue is their lack of work ethics. The position I was was working there had a strict policy of "must-have university degree + minimum of 5 years of work experience" for foreigners. On the other hand, the same position can be given to Saudi diploma holders and with better pay. Guess what, those diploma holders used to dump all there work on foreigners and they never tried to learn either as they can never be fired from their job.

they are coming up with many local projects from drones to other technology I will share stuff here soon.

The local project does not mean the Saudi project with Saudi expertise. You will be amazed at the level of exploitation that goes on there.

You have to give credit where credit is due. While it is true that for years the Saudis did not use their money wisely, in the past couple of decades they have made a concerted effort to build world class educational institutes, hospitals, and have tried to promote the manufacturing industry.

They have also sent a huge number of their citizens to foreign countries (at state expense) for higher education. The universities of the US, Canada, UK, and other "Western" countries are filled with Saudis studying medicine, engineering, and other sciences at the postgraduate levels. And almost all of these people go back home to contribute to their societies.

There is a whole ghostwriting industry that takes care of their assignment and group work. Believe me, I know it from my personal experiences as their classmate and colleague. I know a lot of teachers and Professors from Saudi universities, often at get together they would share stories that are nothing short of nightmares.

The biggest issue is their lack of work ethics. The position I was was working there had a strict policy of "must-have university degree + minimum of 5 years of work experience" for foreigners. On the other hand, the same position can be given to Saudi diploma holders and with better pay. Guess what, those diploma holders used to dump all there work on foreigners and they never tried to learn either as they can never be fired from their job.

The local project does not mean the Saudi project with Saudi expertise. You will be amazed at the level of exploitation that goes on there.
I have heard those stories too but sorry most comes out of typical bias for Arabs. Pakistanis attitude is they think of themselves nothing less of Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates and others totally uneducated creatures. I will start a thread on their achievements

Most are Saudi project with Saudi expertise

Yes they can since 1995 hundreds of thousand Saudis are studying in Universities like Harvard and MIT and Cambridge and Oxford and Princeton and also Saudi Arabia established around Universities in Saudi Arabia since 1995, many are now in 500 club. Yes they have some attitudes yes they can be great in education but if they can afford Rolls Royce yes they would buy that, those things are there and always will be but that doesn't mean they are not smart.

you an design it but how about armour, engine, transmission, or all other sub systems? it will be easier to buy unless you want to show off to your own people.

In line with the economic strategy of MBS. This manufacturing initiative will create many jobs in different fields. I am sure there are other initiatives in pipeline as well.

Are these being built to print or locally designed and manufactured?

You mean MRAP than yes. And not just MRAP Saudi Arabia is building several defence products.

C3vSNP1WIAAoZ7v.jpg

C5BUjNAWQAA4u2t.jpg

DeYppQ_XkAAzKpG.jpg

DMeveI-W0AA2JAP.jpg

DrQZe_JWoAIbBpO.jpg

Dt1ba73XgAA7i0E.jpg

Dzm_Tz4X4AEf-Of.jpg

Dzr2g9xX0AIiYUh.jpg

Some MRAP projects many are designed and developed in Saudi Arabia and many are being produced under TOT contracts

Attachments

• Dt1ba74WwAAHu1y.jpg
    Dt1ba74WwAAHu1y.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DW8wsXSX0AEd1G3.jpg
    DW8wsXSX0AEd1G3.jpg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DzxHg4KWkAAH3q9.jpg
    DzxHg4KWkAAH3q9.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom