What's new

Saudi Arabia launches mega Red Sea tourism project

Saudi's Amaala resort will have 'its own regulatory structure', target UHNWIs: PIF
Project on Red Sea will be better than the Maldives and compete with the top 20 global destinations, says Farah Zafar, chief legal officer at the Public Investment Fund KSA - Amaala
Amaala-%283%29.jpeg

Launched in September 2018 and on track to meet its 2028 completion date, the project covers 3,800 square kilometres across three master plans, featuring a total of 2,525 hotel keys and 1,496 residential units.
One of Saudi Arabia’s largest tourism projects, the Amaala resort in the Prince Mohammed bin Salman Nature Reserve, will have its own regulatory structure, will target ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs), and will be geared towards becoming a transformative and unique uber luxury tourism destination dubbed the 'Riviera of the Middle East', according to the chief legal officer at the Public Investment Fund KSA – Amaala.

PIF is spearheading the project and has provided initial funding for the destination on the kingdom’s north western coast of the Red Sea.

Amaala-%281%29.jpeg

Speaking to Arabian Business, Farah Zafar said, “We are targeting the top 2.5 million ultra-high net worth individual luxury travellers and will become the first fully-curated leisure brand that elevates luxury to transformative experiences that will curate truly authentic journeys for its visitors, across three pillars - arts and culture, wellness, sea, sun and lifestyle.

"If you look at hotel operators in Riyadh currently, they are doing incredibly well, so [restrictions] haven’t affected hotel operators in the region. Each project will have its own regulatory structure. I cannot comment on the exact structure as this is currently being developed, but what I can say is Amaala will create an environment that meets the expectations of the global UHNWI."

'Better than the Maldives'
Zafar said Amaala will be “better than the Maldives” due to the pristine coral reefs that feature thriving marine life, untouched waters and beautiful mountain landscapes.

"Sustainability is one of the key driving factors of Amaala and Vision 2030 and this project has taken a lead on preservation of the environment, the future of sustainability and the preservation of the oceans," said Zafar.

"So in time, I believe it will be a better proposition than the Maldives given the fact that it is also deeply rooted in culture and heritage. Amaala and the Red Sea are also seeking to be an extension to the Mediterranean yachting routes so our offering will be far more superior to that of the Maldives. All developments are being created in total harmony of the region’s pristine coral reefs, vibrant marine life, which will be showcased to the world on a global arena and will ensure the next generation of sustainable living and leisure."

Amaala-%282%29.jpeg

Investment packages
Launched in September 2018 and on track to meet its 2028 completion date, the project covers 3,800 square kilometres across three sites featuring a total of 2,525 hotel keys and 1,496 residential units.

Amaala will sit alongside schemes such as Neom and the Red Sea Project, and will offer investment packages to the private sector.

In May, the managing director of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) in India, Middle East and Africa said the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia is “equivalent” to the Maldives or Seychelles.

Speaking to Arabian Business, Pascal Gauvin said the sea’s unspoiled and preserved area will attract many tourists when project begin to open to the public.

“When I see the Red Sea, which has never been operated, I mean what a privilege. People pay a lot to go to the Maldives or Seychelles, but this is equivalent and an unspoiled area that’s never been seen before. The [Saudi government] wants to preserve the environment, work hard to preserve the site and all that is attractive to bring customers,” he said.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/tra...n-regulatory-structure-target-uhnwis-says-pif

It was wonderful. So peaceful and beautiful. There was some mismanagement at my end and I could not make use of all the time i had there. weather was really good considering the hot months. I have about 20 days off in december and I am planing to travel from all the way up from border with jordan down to jeddah and try to film all of the places and facilities and activities present. hopefully will receive my drone next month. i have footages from my gopro but i was too lazy to transfer and work on those. overall great experience. would love to go back and explore more places. i am going to start compiling my video and photo data of places now cuz in coming years these are going to become really busy destinations and i will keep posting the updates.

IMG-8426.jpg

It was wonderful. So peaceful and beautiful. There was some mismanagement at my end and I could not make use of all the time i had there. weather was really good considering the hot months. I have about 20 days off in december and I am planing to travel from all the way up from border with jordan down to jeddah and try to film all of the places and facilities and activities present. hopefully will receive my drone next month. i have footages from my gopro but i was too lazy to transfer and work on those. overall great experience. would love to go back and explore more places. i am going to start compiling my video and photo data of places now cuz in coming years these are going to become really busy destinations and i will keep posting the updates.

View attachment 575250

Apologies for the late reply, brother.

Truly amazing photo. Genuinely hope that you and your loved ones (if that was the case) enjoyed your stay. Indeed exploring the entire almost 2000 km long Saudi Arabian Red Sea coastline with some of the most stunning coastal regions in the world (mountainous, lowland, sandy, hilly) with stunning coral reefs, marine life, great weather with a great sea breeze and the 100's of volcanic, mountainous, tropical etc. islands along its shores.

BTW, the Red Sea is the northernmost tropical sea in the world.

Wish you luck in your endeavor and please document your trips.

DmfJNy1W0AA1VvV.jpg

DlVBOhMX0AEDn5B.jpg

See this thread below:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/trav...-a-country-the-size-of-western-europe.622171/

Apologies for the late reply, brother.

Truly amazing photo. Genuinely hope that you and your loved ones (if that was the case) enjoyed your stay. Indeed exploring the entire almost 2000 km long Saudi Arabian Red Sea coastline with some of the most stunning coastal regions in the world (mountainous, lowland, sandy, hilly) with stunning coral reefs, marine life, great weather with a great sea breeze and the 100's of volcanic, mountainous, tropical etc. islands along its shores.

BTW, the Red Sea is the northernmost tropical sea in the world.

Wish you luck in your endeavor and please document your trips.

DmfJNy1W0AA1VvV.jpg

DlVBOhMX0AEDn5B.jpg

See this thread below:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/trav...-a-country-the-size-of-western-europe.622171/
I will sure post the updates.

I will sure post the updates.

Looking forward to it.

Beautiful places, words dont do it justice. It'll be great to visit.

Well said. Give it a few years and KSA will have a world class tourism infrastructure that will do the beauty of the country justice. Tremendous potential to open up the country for tourism just for religious pilgrims alone.

Well said. Give it a few years and KSA will have a world class tourism infrastructure that will do the beauty of the country justice. Tremendous potential to open up the country for tourism just for religious pilgrims alone.

In a way I am glad these places had been left alone and only now when being developed with a vision and a plan. I'd definitely visit, not just for the beautiful resorts but also for the untouched historical places.

This Huge Tourism industry/vision is not an Industry I wish to invest in...
All of it is based upon the condition that "People wish and can come in"...
Therefore making it sure that Future Regional or/and International relations is stable with the targeted people/countries.
IMO such huge funds could be used in other departments...

Anyway, I may differ on that particular point, I still wish you success.
Better wishing a Brother to succeed than a stranger.

Back
Top Bottom