What's new

Saudi Arabia keen to buy JF-17 Thunder fighter from Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 is the best replacement for their Fighter Jet F-5. Euro Fighter is way to advanced and expensive and also KSA can get JF-17 with complete TOT, which in the end would give big boost and also experience to Saudi Defence industry.

Per the info available on the internet, RSAF fighter/ fighter bomber fleet consists of F-15, Tornado and Typhoons with Hawks in the training role.

RSAF may have had a few RF-5E for Recce in the past and there is no Reconnaissance version of JF-17. Therefore don’t see which aircraft Thunder is going to replace.

In my view this just a rumour based on wishful thinking.

Per the info available on the internet, RSAF fighter/ fighter bomber fleet consists of F-15, Tornado and Typhoons with Hawks in the training role.

RSAF may have had a few RF-5E for Recce in the past and there is no Reconnaissance version of JF-17. Therefore don’t see which aircraft Thunder is going to replace.

In my view this just a rumour based on wishful thinking.
F-5 they had 110 of them and I don't think they have found good replacement of them.

F-5, F-15, Eurofighter and now JF-17. Saudiarabia is soon 350-400 fighters in Air Force branches.

its my deepest wish that KSA purchases weapons from pakistan.
It will strengthen relations with KSA.Submarine ,Tanks,Jets,ANZA series

Yes give them ANZAs so that they fall into the hands of ISIS, who will soon capture parts of KSA. I'm glad you're not a policymaker of the country/

No wonder you didn't speak up for Zaid hamid
Itna paisa Jo hai
Lanat ho tum par government and army sad to say jidhr Paisa milta hai udhr bhul jatey ho
SA has beheaded tons of Pakistani it has dozens of them in there cells and then there's Zaid hamid and here you are talking about selling it JF-17's?

I believe its a better deal for them as we can see earlier what germans has done with them in a Leopard deal these things not gonna stop in near future as soon we will see these western companies supplying systems to Iran and if we consider democracy and rights situation in Iran and Saudia then Iranis are much better in front of the world and as time passes they will learn how to behave as they have lost a decade in their previous hard headed leadership now I believe their are hard days ahead for Saudia Arabia in procurement so its one of the best options available and if they invested in EJ-230 and some other european sub systems with JFT then nothing much left to speak.

Yes give them ANZAs so that they fall into the hands of ISIS, who will soon capture parts of KSA. I'm glad you're not a policymaker of the country/
A single inch of Saudi territory lost to ISIS will activate a response from the Pakistani army. Unlike Iraq this will not be a capitulation without resistance. PA has a pact to defend Saudi territory and will do so. People who think otherwise need to know the real situation.
Araz

A single inch of Saudi territory lost to ISIS will activate a response from the Pakistani army. Unlike Iraq this will not be a capitulation without resistance. PA has a pact to defend Saudi territory and will do so. People who think otherwise need to know the real situation.
Araz

Apart from all difference and hatred I go with this pact and support it with my heart and soul.
If required may fight my self to save the borders of sacred land but not the kingdom.

SA is just saying it to keep Pakistan happy or they have a agenda
i wont belive it until they really signed and goot the planes
SA has a lot of money to just get other planes

JF-17 is the best replacement for their Fighter Jet F-5. Euro Fighter is way to advanced and expensive and also KSA can get JF-17 with complete TOT, which in the end would give big boost and also experience to Saudi Defence industry.
They operate F5???? How many of them?
I guess their AIR force was all about Typhoons,Eagles and Tornados.......

i think saudis will use JF 17 as LIFTS. (May be)

Hi,

The News has an interesting report on the JF 17

Saudi Arabia keen to buy JF-17 Thunder fighter from Pakistan - thenews.com.pk

saudiaJF17pakistan_1-27-2014_135662_l.jpg

NEW YORK: Saudi Arabia has shown interest in buying JF-17 Thunder jet fighter aircraft manufactured under Pakistan-China cooperation.
Citing a report published in US journal, Geo News reported that Saudi defence ministry and Saudi Air Force are keenly examining the JF-17 Thunder program and mulling over their participation in it.
The report claimed that Pakistan has offered Saudi Arabia for joint manufacturing of JF-17 Thunder aircraft along with technology transfer. This offer was made to the Saudi Arabia Deputy Defence Minister, Salman bin Sultan during his visit to Pakistan last week.
maybe they will go for a western powerplant and this will increase their confidence in the fighter. it has shown its worth in the Paris airshow so there is no lacking in power but American and European engines are at their disposal if they so desire.
that said .. its not that easy to integrate an egine to existing aircraft since it is built with the engine in mind but then again there might be some posibility due to compatibility if the KSA so desires, definitely there are options for other things like avionics , radar and weapons etc ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom