Farasan Is cruise
by Arthur Anker, on Flickr

2s8lbn9.jpg

2751098932_80b96bfa45_b.jpg

Masjid Umar bin Khattab r.a by 'asyiqul^huur, on Flickr

7123673679_1dfd85fa9f_b.jpg

8708497850_008fd4157b_b.jpg

@Malik Alashter

We as Arabs/Semites/ME people must always be proud of our ancient and beautiful lands and our ancient civilizations, customs and traditions and we should always work toward unity and cooperation instead of silly infighting but at the same time we should recognize all the many problems and try to find constructive solutions. Despite all the bad publicity of late (last 10 years) we should also look at all the positives and never let any foreigner degrade us.

Also I would love nothing more than for KSA and Iraq to have very good brotherly relations. But most importantly I would love to see peace in the Arab and Muslim world and world as a whole. No, I am no hippie, lol.

Do never believe that a genuine Muslim Saudi Arabian would ever want to hurt fellow Arabs be it in Iraq or Yemen. Besides I am very much against the killings of civilians in Yemen which is a brotherly country and Yemen and the civilians that die there but unfortunately this happens in every war. Anyway we should not go off-topic.

If you believe that Saudi Arabians hate Iraqi Shia Arabs you are very mistaken as that would mean that we would hate ourselves as people of Southern Iraq are our brothers and sisters. I myself have Iraqi relatives and my father has partial Iraqi Arab ancestry. This is very common in KSA and vice versa too even in this era let alone in previous centuries or even in pre-Islamic times due to migrations between both regions (Mesopotamia and Arabia).

@Frosty is another Saudi Arabian member with ancestral ties to Iraq.

Spectacular scenary!

A fantastic thread.

Ushaiger - is a typical example of an ancient Najdi village. It has been restored to its former glory and is cared for by the government, locals and private investors. Unfortunately one cannot say the same thing about the 1000's of other similar village pearls in Najd or KSA as a whole.

A lot of them are in a very bad state and they should be renovated. This is due to the rapid urbanization and many of the villages have simply been left to decay basically.
It's sad if you ask me but there is hardly any taste left in this modern world with the architecture all looking the same without a soul or artistic elegance.
I much, much prefer our own ancient architectures found in the Arab world (the first in the world) from Morocco to Oman than modern Western architecture in the form of skyscrapers, concrete, glass and more concrete and glass.

Pleas watch the video below.

Some photos of different areas of KSA:

CUqH371XAAARfUA.jpg:large

B3_iA2iIQAArCfN.png

CcoGpthWAAIcgmS.jpg:large

539601892930.jpg

11.jpg

2rz77up.jpg

Yes, you can always find snowy areas of the country practically every winter in the mountainous regions and certain deserts and steppes of the country. Sometimes the snow covers areas that are the size of countries in Europe. It normally does not last long though. Only at the highest altitudes in the northwestern areas of the country usually.

607617481611.jpg

513969985767.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom