What's new

Saudi Arabia and Pakistan: America's Worst 'Allies'

Look, my English is far from being perfect, but in order to be able to wright properly you need to improve your English ASAP. Or at least learn to use a goddamned spellchecker.
Alphbt Juice Nazi. :police:

And making a Terrorist your Pm is another thing . You don't have any evidence that we were sheltering him , Now everyone will say he was living in Pakistan for so many years and the ISI was asleep ? Its was not easy to locate him in a thickly populated area , Even Bin Laden's neighbours didn't know that he was living in the hood , how will the agency's find him ?
Example of this is that Dawood Ibrahim has been living in India for such a long time and Raw has failed to Locate him , The same could have happened in the Bin Laden case .

Claiming ignorance is one thing but punishing who helped find Bin Laden say it all.

Doctor who helped CIA track bin Laden still languishes in Pakistan jail

96816845_Shakil_Afridi_news_2-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

Jailed Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi (left) who was recruited by the CIA to help find Osama bin Laden Credit: AFP/Getty/AP
2 May 2016 • 11:35am

The doctor who helped the CIA track down Osama bin Laden has been abandoned in his Pakistan prison cell by America, his supporters claimed on the fifth anniversary of the al-Qaeda leader's killing.

Shakil Afridi was hailed as a hero by US officials after a fake vaccination campaign he ran allowed the CIA to pinpoint Bin Laden’s precise location, leading to the famous Abbottabad compound raid in May 2011.

But the raid severely strained relations between Washington and Islamabad, where officials were not informed about the operation.

Dr Afridi was arrested in July 2011 amid revelations that the CIA had organised a fake Hepatitis C vaccination campaign in the area where they suspected bin Laden was living in an attempt to obtain his family's DNA.

He remains in jail today.

Qamar Nadeem, Dr Afridi's lawyer, told AFP that his client’s best hope for early release is US pressure "but so far they have not shown their support”.

Mr Nadeem also said he has been denied access for the past two years to Dr Afridi, whom the lawyer claims is living in solitary confinement in a small cell.

96816828_Shakil_Afridi_news-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

Jamil Afridi, the elder brother of jailed Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi Credit: AFP/Getty Images

"I have no hope of meeting him, no expectation for justice," Dr Afridi’s elder brother Jamil told AFP. “What can I say? I am pessimistic.”

In May 2012, Dr Afridi was sentenced to 33 years in prison, charged with aiding the banned Islamist group Lashkar-e-Islam, a ruling widely criticised as politically motivated.

That decision was overturned in August 2013 due to procedural errors, and a retrial ordered.

Three months later, however, Dr Afridi was charged with murder relating to a patient he had treated eight years previously.

The US has frequently demanded that Dr Afridi be freed.

96816845_Shakil_Afridi_news-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

A family photo showing Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi (3rd left) Credit: AFP/Getty

Hillary Clinton, during her tenure as US secretary of state, said he "was instrumental in taking down one of the world's most notorious murderers”.

She denounced Dr Afridi’s treatment as “unjust and unwarranted”, while furious senators withheld $33 million of aid in protest.

But analysts said Washington has dropped the issue as if shifts its focus to pursuing peace talks with the Afghan Taliban, for which Pakistan is a key partner.

"The Taliban talks have taken priority over everything. The Americans don't want to muddy the water by raising other issues that are contentious," says Ahmed Rashid, a Pakistani author and security expert.

"The Americans have ceased to criticise Pakistan on many fronts."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...a-track-bin-laden-still-languishes-in-pakist/

Claiming ignorance is one thing but punishing who helped find Bin Laden say it all.

Doctor who helped CIA track bin Laden still languishes in Pakistan jail

• Jailed Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi (left) who was recruited by the CIA to help find Osama bin Laden Credit: AFP/Getty/AP
2 May 2016 • 11:35am

The doctor who helped the CIA track down Osama bin Laden has been abandoned in his Pakistan prison cell by America, his supporters claimed on the fifth anniversary of the al-Qaeda leader's killing.

Shakil Afridi was hailed as a hero by US officials after a fake vaccination campaign he ran allowed the CIA to pinpoint Bin Laden’s precise location, leading to the famous Abbottabad compound raid in May 2011.

But the raid severely strained relations between Washington and Islamabad, where officials were not informed about the operation.

Dr Afridi was arrested in July 2011 amid revelations that the CIA had organised a fake Hepatitis C vaccination campaign in the area where they suspected bin Laden was living in an attempt to obtain his family's DNA.

He remains in jail today.

Qamar Nadeem, Dr Afridi's lawyer, told AFP that his client’s best hope for early release is US pressure "but so far they have not shown their support”.

Mr Nadeem also said he has been denied access for the past two years to Dr Afridi, whom the lawyer claims is living in solitary confinement in a small cell.

96816828_Shakil_Afridi_news-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

Jamil Afridi, the elder brother of jailed Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi Credit: AFP/Getty Images

"I have no hope of meeting him, no expectation for justice," Dr Afridi’s elder brother Jamil told AFP. “What can I say? I am pessimistic.”

In May 2012, Dr Afridi was sentenced to 33 years in prison, charged with aiding the banned Islamist group Lashkar-e-Islam, a ruling widely criticised as politically motivated.

That decision was overturned in August 2013 due to procedural errors, and a retrial ordered.

Three months later, however, Dr Afridi was charged with murder relating to a patient he had treated eight years previously.

The US has frequently demanded that Dr Afridi be freed.

96816845_Shakil_Afridi_news-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

A family photo showing Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi (3rd left) Credit: AFP/Getty

Hillary Clinton, during her tenure as US secretary of state, said he "was instrumental in taking down one of the world's most notorious murderers”.

She denounced Dr Afridi’s treatment as “unjust and unwarranted”, while furious senators withheld $33 million of aid in protest.

But analysts said Washington has dropped the issue as if shifts its focus to pursuing peace talks with the Afghan Taliban, for which Pakistan is a key partner.

"The Taliban talks have taken priority over everything. The Americans don't want to muddy the water by raising other issues that are contentious," says Ahmed Rashid, a Pakistani author and security expert.

"The Americans have ceased to criticise Pakistan on many fronts."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...a-track-bin-laden-still-languishes-in-pakist/

folks who sheltered bin laden are free. the only dude who bothers to track him down is in prison
it tells the priorities of the ruling establishment and where their sympathies lay.

@dani958 One could sustain the argument that the "worse ally of America" and the wider Western world by far is Isreal. How so? Very simple. US alliance with Israel has cost billions of billions in dollars and worse has cost thousands in lives of Western people. This alliance has nurtured immeasurable hatred for the West which has hurt it in manifold ways. The single biggest contributor toward hatred of USA in the Greater Middle East is that countries support of Israel.

More innocent people in the West are going to get murdered not knowing that the biggest reflex in the minds of their killers will be US alliance with Israel.

Now ask yourself this, what did America get for this? Nothing. Zero. So what gives? Why is media not shouting about this? simple. A country of 300 million people is he held by the gonads by lobby that effectively controls the media and other levers of influence.

Whether that is good thing or not is altogether another matter.

What I don't seem to understand is why do indian trolls/haters always have to butt in every news regarding Pakistan lolz.

Who is forcing the Americans to keep Saudi Arabia and Pakistan as their ally if they are deemed untrustworthy? The Americans need to stop crying and end their relationship with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom